Parking selection

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by IvanDiabloHorn, Apr 25, 2017.

1. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

I received an email that my parking selection time is in the middle of May at 2:35pm.

The email has a link that goes through the process. Somehow the process is tied to seat upgrades.

What a dog and pony show. No one in business would subject their customers that are renewing services to this baloney.

The parking should be part of the ticket application. The parking areas are finite. Simply put the parking selection on the ticket application in order of preference. If there are 7 parking areas, list your preference in order. The point totals (donation additions) have already been determined on March 2, so why the drama on parking?

There is no reason to tie parking to upgrades if the point totals are completed on March 2. Even if you do not get the seat upgrade requested, your point total will still determine your parking preference. Correct?

• Like Like x 3
  2. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Parking, seat upgrades and away games are all based on loyalty points after cutoff deadline. If you decided to move seats to a different part of stadium like endzone to upper west side your choice of parking would be much different.

By having a set time based on loyalty points ranking to make the selection for seats, parking upgrades etc you are working off of remaining inventory.

This was setup to avoid the ticket abuse that occurred previously when "friends" got a better selection donors.

It makes sense to choose from remaining inventory than multiple options of which your top choices are sold out.

Just an opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  3. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Basically the higher your loyalty rank is the sooner you select your parking and if your date is mid may like mine has been since they started this you will be in the purple checkered state garages

4. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

The Perrin email also said that the price of the State parking was the same but UT had increased the amount charged to Texas Athletics for the UT lots. Did not indicate how much and on which lots.

5. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

Manor Garage, Navy, Light Blue, Pink and Light Purple = $38/game
    Brazos Garage = $36/game
    Trinity Garage and Yellow = $27/game
    Purple Checkered = $17/game

Basically they doubled the price for on-campus parking! The screw job continues! I can't wait to see what they charge if/when we ever field a competitive/winning football team! Good Lord!

• Like Like x 1
  6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

What is wrong with this picture? $38 per game for the San Jacinto Garage, or park across the street in the cash lot for $20=25. Perrin needs to buck up and tell the garage management company to f**k off. You get $10 per vehicle per game or we will just block your garage. In fact, he should demand FREE parking in all University garages. What the hell are the replacements of the Ohio State mafia going to do?

• Like Like x 1
  7. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

I sure do miss the good ol days when I was parking in the Brazos garage

8. pluckeye

pluckeye 250+ Posts

Thanks for the reminder, folks. I had missed my parking email, but now it's on the calendar...

9. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Easy to do. In and out in 7 minutes.
    Parking went up $35 per year at San Jancinto Garage Light Blue. $190 to $225
    $225 / 6 games = $38 per game.
    Gotta pay for those lockers!
    Gotta pay for those new coaches!
    Gotta pay for those old coaches!
    Gotta pay UT for parking onsite!

Go Horns!

10. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Maybe that price increase will keep a few people away from all the good parking spots. I have a few days left still plenty of green on the map fingers crossed

• Like Like x 1
  11. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

I am the cheapskate who keeps parking in Purple Checkered. Was surprised today they still had Manor Garage spots available. Wife convinced me to move from our aisle seats in Sec 14 to midrow of Sec 17 (No Aisle were avail for 4 together) just to get us closer to hear the band. Maybe next year I will cough up the extra to move us with the other old timers in Sec 6/7 where I can enjoy a seatback and she can hear the band.

12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

LHAB,

Until someone in Bellmont pulls their head out and gets rid of all the obnoxious crap on the jumbotron, you will not hear the band even if you are standing on the field in front of them. IF we ever get anyone in charge of the jumbotron that knows how to coordinate commercials with the band and will turn the damn volume down, not to mention ridding us to listen to the bimbo & midget doing sideline production, we may return to an acceptable game day experience rather than being the biggest ***** for cash in D-1. If we must have a weatherman, could we just do George Carlin reruns of the Hippie Dippy Weatherman?

How can a program with one of the highest donor requirements, not to mention tops in tickets prices, sacrifice class and fun in the name of a few commercials? Do those people really pay that much for ruining the jumbotron? Hell, if it had been this way for decades, no one would have ever heard Wally give the Slippery Rock score or tell Hondo to go pick up his grandmother at the Broken Spoke.

:deadhorse: :soapbox:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

I recently had the opportunity to attend a baseball game at a pretty good but much smaller D1 school. It was a great time and reminded me how much better the gameday environment for UT football, baskeball and baseball used to be. I am afraid we will probably never see that again at UT and are doomed to half empty, corporate environments with no parking. For the first time, I really understood why so many alumni have stopped attending events, especially basketball and baseball. As central Austin becomes more of a cluster, there is less parking, UT sells all the tickets to corporations, the game day experience gets worse and worse, tickets and student tickets get more expensive... the future of UT athletics may be half or more empty stadiums regardless of the product on the field. It does not help that UT has alienated so many Alumni in a variety of other ways including non-sports related things.

It has been mentioned here before, but the Texas Exes turned away numerous life members during the Notre Dame game and was full of green clad fans because they decided selling tickets to the UT Alumni Center to Notre Dame fans was the priority.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  14. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

I will be curious to see how the numbers turn out in a couple of weeks when renewal is complete. LHF with 19,247 members before any gen admin sales looks like an increase without a ND on the schedule.

Will see how many ads are coming out this summer but my guess is the Tom Herman factor will be an increase in ticket sales.

15. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Looks like we will have an new and improved- i.e. louder and more obnoxious jumbo tron next year-

http://kxan.com/2017/05/22/bigger-and-better-video-screens-at-dkr-stadium-to-be-upgraded/

16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

LHAB,

The LED system will improve display significantly, last significantly longer (5 year free replacement warranty from the better companies not named GE or Sylvania, and use about 40% less electricity; UNLESS they go with Sylvania, which would likely be the choice of the fans since they have a tendency to explode and probably will have to be replaced after every usage. It would likely save money on a fireworks display. :yippee:

17. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

If not we will pay for it all next year when season ticket cost go up again especially with USC coming to town and then lsu the year after that

18. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

There is an increase in LHF due to Strong being booted. I know people that dropped out(didn't want to waste their money) and are now getting back in and buying season tickets due to the coaching change.

Regarding the score boards: I suggested on the numerous surveys that asked what would make the game day experience more enjoyable that silencing Jumbotron would make every fan have a better game day experience. I also suggested that the circular score board post games around the stadium to include (in real time)the top 25 teams and Big12 teams scores like MLB post games.
    IE :# 5 Ohio State 14 Illinois 14 8:15 4th, Baylor 0 # 18 TCU 3 12:15 1st,
    Scores update and time runs. I think most fans would enjoy a glance at ongoing games of interest and final scores instead of updates that are determined by rock scissor paper.

• Like Like x 3