paul finebaum

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by earl77, Jan 3, 2019.

1. earl77

earl77 500+ Posts

watched his show yesterday. Four hours of denial and excuse making about Georgia not being ready due to disappointment after sec championship game, Georgia deserved to be in final four, yada yada. What a bunch of arrogant narcissists. Will never watch again

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Who is Paul Finebaum???
    :e-thinking::e-thinking:

Guy’s job is to be a schill for SEC. I would expect nothing less...

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Not just him, that same narrative is all over the radio talk shows except for local shows. Basically, sorry Texas you beat an unmotivated team.

4. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I don’t buy into that not motivated thing. All champions have something in common. Their competitiveness takes over no matter what the situation is. What they are saying is they don’t have the heart to be a champion but deserves to be in the playoffs. Those two things don’t go together at all.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  5. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

I listen to SiriusXM radio. The ones I have heard have been giving Texas kudos. Mark Packer in particular called the unmotivated talk BS from a bunch of losers.

• Like Like x 4
  6. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Georgia players (Holyfield being one) were tweeting to the committee after the Notre Dame beat down about how wrong the committee was and Georgia should have been there in the playoffs.
    They were using laughing emojis and being all arrogant about it.
    That's cool but you better be ready to back it up.
    Reminds me of Cal (Arron Rodgers) being all pissed about Horns going to Rose Bowl and then TTech beats the crap out of them in the Holiday Bowl.
    I agree with I35. Champions show up.
    You may get beat, but there are no excuses.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Exactly this

“Unmotivated” = whiny loser entitlement tears

You don’t want to be in the Sugar Bowl? Then decline the invitation. Or stop crying and play football.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Play-off contenders??? Maybe... Excuse makers, definitely.

• Like Like x 2
  9. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Unmotivated is just an excuse. They were dominated by Texas from about 1 hour before the game by Bevo until the end by our team. There is a big difference in an unmotivated loss and getting pushed around for four quarters on both sides of the ball.

Most reasonable football fans see this.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

In response to me saying “Texas beats Alabama if Colt McCoy does not get injured” I have had multiple Bama fans respond something along the lines of “Texas would not have won because Colt McCoy being in the game would have motivated Bama to play harder. McCoy being injured led to unmotivated and uninspired play and that is why Gilbert was able to make the game close. If McCoy does not get injured, a motivated Alabama team wins by more.”

Alabama also claimed they were unmotivated when they lost to OU and Utah in the Sugar Bowl.

It is clear the SEC’s “go to excuse” is “we were not motivated.”

As some said above, if you are not motivated, do not play the game! It is all a bunch of baloney.

• Like Like x 3
  11. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

more like playoff PREtenders, unless you are putting the CON in contender!

• Like Like x 2
  12. earl77

earl77 500+ Posts

i hate the sec

• Like Like x 1
  13. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

GA you should be embarrassed by all the talk you were not motivated, missing key players, etc. TEXAS just flat kicked your ***!

Such BS excuses!

2008 Horns lose to Tech. UT & blow-u are tied for the conference. ou gets "voted" conference champs by the HC's and gets picked to rep the conference in the BCS. Horns gets an invitation to play tOSU in the Fiesta Bowl.

Horns won a thriller at the end thanks to Colt & Quan. IF the Horns had lost that game would the talk be they lost because ou got picked and they were not motivated for the bowl game? I think not.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Detective Shilala

Even if they went out flat, effort is no excuse after after falling 17-0 in the first quarter. If its true they never gave effort even after we bloodied their nose like that then they are a bunch of women. (no offense ladies)

They had 45 minutes to take control of the game after that and if they couldn't, its obviously because their max effort was not good enough.

16. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I don't know why anyone would throw away their time watching PF, but all I remember hearing from any analysts before the game was how motivated Jorja was to prove they should have been in the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

I liked #3 on this from Joel Klatt

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Hot x 2
    • Winner x 1
  18. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

I thought Kirby Smart was very gracious, and brutally honest in his presser.
    Hey we got beat, out played, out physicaled, and out coached (paraphrasing) he said they hadn’t faced that kind of adversity, and didn’t respond. They were ready to go, and gave TH credit.
    I have respect for him, and Fromm for the way they handled themselves.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  19. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

A. I don't want to be a dick.
    B. I enjoy my time here.
    C. UT handed it to UGA much like Bevo was going to impale Ugga. Good on you guys.
    D. I don't know what I've read more on this site since circa the Bama/OU Sugar Bowl, "Bob Stoops hates puppies", "did you see what the snowflake did?" or "If Bama wanted to be in the Sugar Bowl they'd have kicked OU's ***".
    E. Finebaum's a richard.

Just sayin'.

• Like Like x 4
  20. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I thought that pencil-necked, large meloned geek* was only available for viewing in GA, AL, MS, AR and the panhandle of FL.

*Trump would be proud.

*I apologize for the body shaming but being old, balding and pudgy (like Uga), I can get away with it.

:hammertime:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

I never understood how Georgia in their simple minds, right after they got beat by Bama, thought they deserved another crack at Bama in their next game! (Which they would have if they were placed at #4).
    That doesn't make any sense. Georgia had a chance to go and they didn't get it done.
    Besides If you can't get up for Texas, you are an embarrassment to your school.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Horn hubby

Horn hubby 500+ Posts

That’s exactly what i was thinking. Texas got dissed in 2008 and still showed up for the tostitos bowl. Put up or shut up.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I attended that game. Texas definitely started slow and came in flat. But unlike UGA, we got it together late and won the game.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

I've got one word for all this ****: aggy

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  25. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

All that needs to be said.

• Like Like x 1
  26. William Bush

William Bush 25+ Posts

I guess the other 4 SEC losers weren't motivated either.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Teams/players that are disappointed and don't want to be there, don't start the first play displaying the fact that they are obviously honor graduates of the Deon Sanders/Michael Irvin School of Mouthing Off, and continue the entire game.

Neither do they continuously take cheap shots.

From someone who was there, every UGa fan I encountered was polite and friendly. Their team was very nice to talk to on Canal, but reminded me of old Aggie teams and Barry's teams on the field.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

Finebaum....what did he have to say?

Teams often use lack of motivation for reasons to either not play well or lose....I would like to hear what coaches really use as a reason for losing? It would be good if coaches and TV boys would give credit to the performances of winning teams whether it is on a particular play or the complete game....so tired of TV boys saying ''''well, there just not playing as well as they normally do'''; how do they know? Maybe, it just that the other team is outplaying them.

What did Kirby have to say? How about other analys? Coaches, players etc should find a way to give credit where it is due! Finebaum?

Not motivated? Who has that responsibility? If I am a recruit, I don't want to hear excuses for losing.

Sterns? Would he made the def even better? I bet his loss to TEXAS never came up in conversations like the loss of the GA kid!

29. Detective Shilala

Well, I can see why how this would seem* hypocritical. But its not when you take into account that OU Sux.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

UGa = Peach Aggy?

• Funny Funny x 3