paul finebaum

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by earl77, Jan 3, 2019.

1. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

All this will be no more than totally irrelevant talk if:

1. Texas dominates LSU next year the same way we dominated Georgia.
    2. We enter the B12 Championship game with the best record.
    3. Win said Championship game.

In short, continue to win, win, win.

That is all.

• Like Like x 1
  2. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

Exactly. The entire narrative since Tuesday night sounds like Texags reads. The Ags are in good company.

3. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

I have noticed the media keeps comparing Georgia losing to Texas in the Sugar Bowl to Alabama losing to Utah in the Sugar Bowl in 2008.

I think it would be a good time to analyze that Alabama team and this Texas team:

2004 Alabama 6-6 lost Music City Bowl
    2005 Alabama 10-2 won Cotton Bowl
    2006 Alabama 6-7 lost Independence Bowl
    2007 Alabama 7-6 won Independence Bowl
    2008 Alabama 12-2 lost Sugar Bowl

2014 Texas 6-7 lost Texas Bowl
    2015 Texas 5-7 no bowl
    2016 Texas 5-7 no bowl
    2017 Texas 7-6 won Texas Bowl
    2018 Texas 10-4 won Sugar Bowl

So no one on the 2008 Alabama team had been to a BCS bowl before. Some seniors may have been to the Cotton Bowl when it was not a BCS bowl. However, for the most part, the 2008 Alabama squad had endured 6-7 loss seasons and trips to Shreveport. That team was in no way accustomed to playing for national titles and had a similar background to the 2018 Texas team. 2016 Texas lost to Kansas. 2007 Alabama lost to UL Monroe. There is no reason on earth the 2008 Alabama team would have been unmotivated as this was the biggest bowl game anyone on the team had played in. The year before an 11-2 Georgia was able to find motivation to beat Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl 41-10.

What really happened to the 2008 Alabama team in the Sugar Bowl? An underrated team who no one gave a shot led by a former Urban Meyer disciple out-played and out-coached a good Alabama team that had Kirby Smart running the defense. Utah was the better team. 2008 Alabama was overrated.

What really happened to the 2018 Georgia team in the Sugar Bowl? An underrated team who no one gave a shot led by a former Urban Meyer disciple out-played and out-coached a good Georgia team that had Kirby Smart running the defense. Texas was the better team. 2018 Georgia was overrated.

As further a reference, an underrated Ohio State team who no one gave a shot led by Urban Meyer with Tom Herman calling plays out-played and out-coached the good 2014 Alabama team that had Kirby Smart running the defense in the Sugar Bowl. Ohio State was the better team. 2014 Alabama was overrated.

2018 Texas’s players and coaches improved as the year went along and were underrated. 2018 Georgia’s players and coaches were overrated. Texas was the better team when it played Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. Motivation has nothing to do with it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

• Like Like x 1
  5. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

I'm wondering why I'm throwing away my time reading about what PF said except I'm at work and not much going on this short week after the Holidays

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. William Bush

William Bush 25+ Posts

Finebaum was one of those saying that.

7. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

What will he say today WRT the shellacking AL just took? They are bored with NC games and really should be in the NFL?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Who knows what that insufferable toolbag will say, but you an bet on one thing: he will peddle some pathetic, brainless excuse for the sec, and he will peddle it hard.

• Agree Agree x 2