Paul Rhoads Post Game Speech

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by IowaHorn, Nov 19, 2011.

1. IowaHorn

IowaHorn 25+ Posts

link

Awesome speech after a great win!

2. Exile

Exile < 25 Posts

This is what makes college football so great.

3. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

I sort of love Iowa State and Coach Rhoads. Even when they beat us, I couldn't help but admire what he's done and what those players do for him. He may be the heart of amateur athletics.

4. allweatherHorn

allweatherHorn 1,000+ Posts

Great clip. That's what makes college ball special.

5. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

Great stuff! Good for them [​IMG]

6. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

Nice moment for ISU and another big win for their program.

7. RO'Nealicus

RO'Nealicus 100+ Posts

Why is it we haven't seen a clip of Mack doing something like that?

Why isn't that coach our coach?

8. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

I didn't even realize OSU and Iowa State played last night until the game had just finished, but did see the post-game interview with Coach Rhoads and Samantha Steele. Coach Rhoads was touchingly gracious in victory, giving credit to his team for a big win while acknowledging Mike Gundy as a great coach and OSU as a great team that was probably impacted by extraneous factors (women's BB coach fatality and having to play OU soon). The genuineness in which he gave credit to his players and ISU while still extending credit to the Cowboys was a level above what even Mack can do, which is saying a lot.

I have to say that with coaches like Rhoads, Gundy, Snyder, and even Stoops, the Big 12 has some truly great coaches. Ironically, the departure of Nebraska's Pelini and A&M's Sherman boost (IMO) the average caliber of Big 12 football coaches. Mack is certainly in the upper half of that group, but without burnt orange glasses I would not place Mack in the top 3.