Paula Deen said nothing wrong

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by CedarParkFan, Mar 1, 2014.

1. CedarParkFan

CedarParkFan 1,000+ Posts

Her latest quote is as follows: "I feel like 'embattled' or 'disgraced' will always follow my name. It's like that black football who recently came out. He said 'I just want to be known as a football player. I don't want be known as a gay football player.' I know exactly what he's saying"

What the hell is wrong with that? The media is all over her again. I cannot see anything she said that would warrant criticism. Too many sensitive pansies out there in the media and the general population. I think people look for reasons to be offended. This is truly pathetic. "oh no! The white lady from the south mentioned a black gay footballer! My goodness, someone shut her up! Why, she must be racist and homophobic!" I'll support her on this one.

2. Michtex

Michtex 1,000+ Posts

Why did she say black football player? Why was that relevant to her point? Does she see everything through a racial lens?

3. CedarParkFan

He is black. I've heard blacks refer to whites as "white guys" without negative repercussions. Not necessary to acknowledge is race, but not a horrible thing either. I think it's blown out of proportion and illustrates a general double standard.

4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

if it hadn't been all over the media that he is black how would she have known?
    so when the media mentioned it over and over were all of them being racists or seeing everything through a racial lens?

5. CedarParkFan

The media see life through a racial lens more than anyone. So do minority organizations. Your argument is lame, weak, and typically liberal. Ah, the soft hearted, hypersensitive liberal male. Gotta love 'em. [​IMG]

6. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

She said nothing wrong. Period.

7. EasternHorn

EasternHorn 500+ Posts

Riddle me this. How can I be a liberal democrat and find nothing wrong with Paula?

8. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

She said nothing wrong but she's been labeled a white racist by the drive by media, so she will be scrutinized for the rest of her life.

9. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I don't always agree with Cedar Park Fan, but he's got this one right. The kernel of the issue ... the one I really can't get around ... is that her original admitted use of the N-word was on someone who robbed her. Seems to me using a disrespectful descriptor for the perp was pretty forgivable under the circumstance..

The "latest" on Paula Deen is so lame.

10. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Is Paula Deen the tv celebrity cook or the one who Bill Clinton exposed himself to?

[​IMG]

11. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

12. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

The only thing wrong with what she said is that is was a pretty bad analogy. It further displays a lack of empathy, IMHO.

13. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I agree with SH. She didn't say anything that was really offensive. It was just a very poor analogy. Once she said all the goofy stuff she said last year, she pretty much condemned herself to never being able to open her mouth in public without every word being scrutinized and construed to reflect racial animus. If she says she likes white chocolate, she's going to be called a racist.

15. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

Paula should have done a Phil and told everyone to kiss her a... instead of apologizing. If you fired everyone in the south(black, white & brown) that used the word n...... in the last 25 years, the workforce would be cut by 90%. In Houston, it would be cut by 98%. What a sham.