Penalties to the minimum..PLEASE

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by baoklhorn, Jan 1, 2019.

1. baoklhorn

baoklhorn 1,000+ Posts

The categories needed to win this game are really simple.
    A. Keep the motion, holding, offsides, delay of game, horsecollar, FACEMASK, personal foul penalties to an Absolute MINIMUM!
    B. It's up to you OFFENSIVE LINE, to block this really physical tough Georgia DL. If we are going to win this game, we have to have some long sustained drives with a solid run game. It won't happen without great blocking, and clean FAST handoffs. Slow developing plays will get quashed by this Georgia defense.
    C. Ellinger must continue to be near interception free. If its not there, fund the alley, and run quickly, decisively the slide.
    D. Make the field as long as possible with long angled out of bounds punts. Kick to the endzone every kickoff.
    I still remember 10-9 Georgia Cotton Bowl loss 1984. We lost a National Championship later night when Miami did us the favor of beating #1 Nebraska. I am still pissed 34 years later . The damage to the program caused by this loss lasted at least 15 years later till Mack Brown took over.
    We got to beat them tonight! SOMEHOW!
    Hook'EM

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

And...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  3. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

this on penalties. Cost us any real chance of winning the CCG. And please refs, make the right calls. Nothing stupid where I just look at the replay and say WTF???? over and over.

4. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Holding penalties were killer vs. oh - u. OL may be the # 1 key tonight to victory. Pay hard, smart and execute - do your job!

5. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

No pre-snap penalties. No three pass interference calls against Boyd. No targeting. No holds on running plays. No special teams holds or clips.

6. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I'd like to throw a flag on the media for kissing Urban Meyer's rear end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

2 penalties for 10 yards in the first half. Not too shabby.

8. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

And wasn't one of them an intentional delay to give Dicker room to punt?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Kick out of bounds worst so far

10. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Yeah, so I recall a penalty on kickoff out of bounds, an illegal procedure false start, and the intentional delay of game. That's 3.