Penalty on "Horns down"

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Mr. Fiesta, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I got no problem playing along with the local nomenclature. [hook'em]. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I come and go, regardless of wins/losses.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Like herpes. :beertoast:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • WTF? WTF? x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

We should have our defensive players holler "Horns Down! Horns Down!" really loud every time they make a play

The sooners will get confused because that will take all the fun out of it, plus they are stupid

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

I am not in the know, but it appears from afar that Bowlsby is connected at the hip to the school in Norman. He would not take a stand against Baker because he did not want to jeopardize a B 12 Heisman and he is concerned that a penalty for taunting by OU could jeopardize a slot in the playoff for the Sooners.

I assume that he sees OU as his pathway to recognition as the head of a contender conference. I do not recall him fighting for TCU a few years back, or any other B 12 school for that matter. His best outcome for tomorrow is for the Sooners to win big and his biggest nightmare would be a Texas win.

I don’t know the man, but he reminds me of some of the other political limpd- -ks I have known in the business world. Failure to clean up the B 12 officiating crap is enough said.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

oh you!

8. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Penalty on Horns Up? :argue:

9. envgeo

envgeo 500+ Posts

my feelings, which mean as much as the paper its written on
    - if you throw any school gestures down then in the field of play it is taunting
    - if you do the same on your side line, then no taunting
    - if you celebrate your school or team (including hand gestures), then its no taunting

not sure why this is so tough

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Snowflakes. I have to say the Facebook memes from north are funny.

11. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

If we’re getting flagged for Horns up when we make a good play, then they should get penalized for Horns down.

And over the years, we’ve been flagged a lot.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

You, of course, completely miss what is really funny about this entire incident, which is the extent to which we live rent-free inside yo head.
    With no signs of that changing any time soon.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  13. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Yep.
    The horns down has never really bothered me.
    It just seems funny that in their moment of glory it seems more important to try to disparage the Horns then celebrate themselves.
    And it's wonderful to watch them dance around and flash the horns down and then leave the field with heads hanging after we kick their ***.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It's kind of the ultimate isnt it? It's like at the moment some gets married, all they are thinking of is how they got over on their ex. When someone is like this, you can't tell them anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

You realize that the northern schools left the Big 12 because of the perception of the Big 12 being literally up the arse of UT. It turns out it was a poor move inasmuch as competitive things go. It may have been a smart financial move, I don't know. I expect that Mizzou, Colo and Neb regret their moves.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

So Horns score:hookem:
    and the idiot sooners in stand do the Horns down. :whiteflag:
    really stupid.
    We gotta take the symbol back.

17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

So ou scores but I didn't see Horns down this time
    Wonder why?:headbang:

18. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Gotta agree with OU Bubba on this one....whether it’s fact or fiction, we are the perceived ******** when it comes to preferential treatment, financial of otherwise.... “we are the Joneses” comes to mind.... OU prides itself on great football. Their maligned defense stepped up for them today. That’s another Big 12 title n 4 in a row plus double digit wins each of the last 4 years (11+ Wins per year?). We may say they suck but they’re dominating . I think we’re on the way up but tip my hat to the Sooners today.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1