Penzeys Spices - Republicans Are Racist

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by utahorn, Jan 28, 2022.

1. utahorn

utahorn 500+ Posts

When I read about this, I thought that this has to be fake. Sadly no. My wife and I used to go to the Penzeys store at the Highlands in Arlington until we were greeted with a sign that essentially said, "If you support Donald Trump, take your business elsewhere." We did just that. Why does anyone care about the politics of their customers? While we are not supporters of boycotts and remain so, why would you try to run off customers.

Again, not advocating a boycott, but my wife and I will spend OUR money where we choose and where we are welcome without politics being involved.

I really liked shopping there. BTW, this note about Trump allegedly came from the CEO of Penzeys and was on their front door.

(20+) Penzeys Spices | Facebook

• WTF? WTF? x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

Too bad the store isn't in SF or NY. You could walk in, take a dump on the floor, and walk out past any number of rent a cops, or real ones for that matter, sans being stopped or even approached.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  3. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

Wow, Penzeys are stupid. Actually I have never heard of them or seen their store but they are still stupid.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

I will be very happy to do as they suggest and take my business elsewhere - and I'll be happy to watch when they have to close their location in The Highlands.

5. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Penzeys Spices . . . never heard of them. What they have done is really a stupid move especially for business purposes which is to provide goods and services to all who can afford the same to maximize gross income to at least cover expenses and preferably generate a healthy bottom line. Well, they have the right to do that, but from a business perspective, that is a ridiculous, idiotic policy. How long until they close up for good?

6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm not surprised. Their page is full of left wing crap. Just buy spices somewhere else. These specialty spices are a ripoff anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

You're not protesting anything, you're just following orders.

Why any business would do a personal attack on any customer is beyond me. Publicly supporting a candidate is edgy but ok. Telling a customer to not shop here because of political leanings is stupid. This is how you end up with 50 rednecks carrying Trump flags camping out in front of or in your store too.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

After browsing their Facebook page they are an activist group posing as a business. The want to rely only on liberal money. Guess if that's what they want they sure know how to get it.

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Grifters are being grifted. Maybe they are trolls.

10. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Ditto the one near the Heights in Houston.

They have a location that is in the same center as a restaurant we occasionally go to and they have a wide selection...but it isn't a selection which is unique to them. And considering that bottles of a spice tend to last a while, it isn't as though I have a need to return anytime in the next decade...

11. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Holy cow - you're right. I have to shop there to boycott them.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. utahorn

utahorn 500+ Posts

One of the things that amazed me about the Penzeys Facebook page are the Choose Love gift cards. It reminded me of the "Love Trumps Hate" slogan in 2016. While I voted for Trump, I thought it was a clever slogan working in the Trump name.

Sadly, the slogan died quickly after Trump won. It appears that some have still not gotten over 2016 and Trump Derangement Syndrome is still rampant. Is there a vaccine for these poor souls?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

That is God awful stupid. Duck I pooped your poop post for effect not for disagreement. It was funny.

We run a small business as a side hustle. Without Trumpers we wouldn’t stay open.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

you are a good capitalist.

• Like Like x 1