per Chip: Pres cans Patterson

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Badass, Sep 14, 2015.

1. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Another plus with Luck is his work at the NCAA. We have had some problems in the past fast tracking some things compliance wise with the NCAA.

Luck should know everything about how to do that and probably is on good terms with the people that get things done there. He would know nearly all aspects of what you can and can't do in terms of NCAA violations. I see that as a good thing.

• Like Like x 2
  2. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

Luck is/was THE hire. No question. For a multitude of reasons. We should have hired him 22 months ago instead of $hit for brain$.

• Like Like x 1
  3. No le hace

No le hace 500+ Posts

Mack Brown Texas Football (I wonder if he saved that domain name?

I still have it on my desktop, it goes straight to texassports.com.

4. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I had planned on attending the Cal game, but the more that came out about Patterson, the less I wanted to come. Glad to hear I will no longer have to worry about that, and should be at the game.

Craig and Rod yesterday were saying they had heard that Jamail wasn't attending games for health reasons, not out of any sort of protest.

Why am I not surprised.

5. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

So maybe Patterson's email showed up on the Ashley Madison list. I remember a few weeks ago someone posted that there were athletic department emails on the list. Not trying to start a rumor, but just a curious thought.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

have to hit play ...

• Like Like x 8
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  7. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Here is the interview of Chip Brown on Sportscenter.

HD's Chip Brown on SportsCenter - Texas - Scout

Fenves, once he made up his mind is going all hardball with Patterson now. Check out the terms he dictated to Patterson, for his severance in the 1:20 P.M. update.

This could get kind of messy, they need to get this done and end things, no reassignments, no lawsuits, just pay him and get it over with.

BREAKING: Steve Patterson out as Longhorns AD - Texas - Scout

Then there is this report by Yahoo's Pat Forde.

Steve Patterson era at Texas can only be described as an epic failure - Yahoo Sports

Current and former staffers say Tuesday was almost like "Bastille Day" at Texas, a mixture of joy and relief that a guy described as arrogant and aloof was being forced out.

Patterson was a terror for everybody, how can anybody support this guy as more and more facts come out just how bad he was.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Wasn't that named "Downfall"

9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

NBHorn7
    :hookem: thank you for that article from the Portland guy. made me feel even better than I already did knowing Stevie is Gone gone gone
    On a side note I hope the stevie P who posts in here will still post. He did add dsomething to the place.

10. stevie_p

stevie_p 25+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  11. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It's actually quite amazing this has suddenly happened.... big move... big move....

12. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

You mean that stevie_p posted above? Agreed, big move for sure!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

In just the last week, it's been --
    QB out,
    OC/play caller out, and now
    AD out.
    That's quite the week

• Like Like x 2
  14. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

sorry, my link didn't work, I just fixed it with a poster from the upcoming film.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Great to see steviep post.:hookem:
    I hope he sticks around to point out the new AD's mistakes and how he would have handled it better.:smokin:

• Like Like x 3
  16. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

The problem is @stevie_p has a guaranteed contract with @Dionysus; plus he gets paid by the word, not the post. Dion, what were you thinking?

• Like Like x 5
  17. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Powers was and is a liberal jackass who thinks he knows better about pretty much everything. He didn't listen to any outside advice because he didn't think he needed advice.

• Like Like x 3
  18. LtSwtCrude

LtSwtCrude Guest

He went all piranha today. Foaming at the mouth. Licking his chops. But all his adjectives were actually about himself and his self-important conference.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

Paul Finebum - a face made for radio.

• Like Like x 3
  20. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

A liberal jackass like this...
    [​IMG]

Good bye Stevie P!! (He's just a regular jackass.)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  21. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

You just insulted all the liberal jackasses out there.

• Like Like x 4
  22. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Dion was under stress while we were creating the new Hornfans. He wasn't thinking clearly.

Our only recourse is to have the big Hornfans cigars like Worsterman and snek buy out his contract or we could reassign him as a Moderator.

I say we reassign him as a Moderator. After a couple of weeks of promoting this brand, trying to raise money, try to tell if this post or that post is against the guidelines, and trying to decipher reports made by posters here, he will gladly quit. :smile1:

• Like Like x 4
  23. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Happy, happy, happy.

24. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

As part of Patterson's buyout, why not reduce the total due under the contract by the revenue lost from the number of season tickets and or other tickets that were not renewed or sold this year. He might owe the University some money. Or be generous and take the amount due down to zero and call it square. Let the jetpack man fly off into the sunset or drop him into Lake Lady Bird (or Town Lake).

• Like Like x 2
  25. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Strong also really liked Bianco.

• Like Like x 4
  26. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Good idea!

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

28. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts