per Chip: Pres cans Patterson

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Badass, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

"And that's all I need...I need THIS!!"

• Like Like x 1
  3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Rattfatt,

If you were a TexasEX, had any loyalty to The University or any school that held itself out as a standard for how things are done with style, class, and integrity, you would understand the overwhelming dislike for Patterson and his totally classless *** show. Olajawon (sp) told the Rockets owner he would quit if Patterson was retained. His exploits in Portland are legendary. He pulled a few stunts in Phoenix, but they don't have the loyalty of Texas.

Look no farther that him blaming his actions and edicts on Fenves, when Fenves has no idea what's happening. Patterson put himself above his employers, The University, the donors. He is his own man (spineless as he may be), and that is his downfall.

I don't think many ADs around the country delegate their duties while running a conflicting consulting business on the side. Can you say "conflict", boys and girls? I sure hope you can, because there is at least one more fitting into that category who needs to go.

• Like Like x 3
  4. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Nice pic!! HA HA HA HA HAAAA!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  5. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Hey Ratfatt, if you think it is only a business, then you are Steve Patterson. Some of us like amateur athletics to represent our school, not pro sports. At least the program should be run by University of Texas oriented people, not the Disney Corporation or various other marketing consultants.

• Like Like x 6
  6. BananaChipBettor

BananaChipBettor 100+ Posts

It is a very large business. It's a balancing act of appeasing and extracting money all at once. Take my money, but give me the reach around at least.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Thank you, couldn't of said it any better.

8. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

He's still trolling you guys, fyi

9. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

It's a large business with many stockholders, called alumni, fans, donors, students, ex-players, even coaches. They all came together and said get rid of this clown.

You said over and over it wouldn't happen, because of it being a big business. Guess what, you were totally wrong and it happened even more quickly than anybody thought possible. Once Fenves started looking into all that Patterson did wrong, he couldn't get rid of him fast enough. He asked Perrin if he would be the interim AD on Labor Day.

You touted him hiring Strong, which actually Powers did. Well Strong and Smart both said they didn't like the guy. Strong really liked John Bianco, the SID and Patterson canned him, to get one of his many cronies he hired in place. He had been the SID for 23 years and was very good at his job. Now even Kirk Herbstreet is calling for in his words the "best SID in college football" to be given his job back. This may well happen, if Bianco wants it back.

So now you have to talk about ticket prices, which is just one of many things Patterson did wrong. Yes, all policies will be reviewed and several will be changed, just like Patterson was changed.

Supply and demand is still the rule of any business, and the demand and the money was drying up, due to Patterson. He did run UT like a pro franchise and just like at Houston and Portland he got fired. This wasn't going to fly at the college level and just like we told you he and his jet pack were rocketed out of here.

So you very few people that somehow think Patterson should be kept, because any new AD will do the same things. Keep it up, he can and will be fired too, if his policies are the same. In the end the vast majority ruled and it will again if necessary.

• Like Like x 3
  10. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

Are you kidding me?!

11. BananaChipBettor

BananaChipBettor 100+ Posts

I am trolling?

12. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

Maybe that's the answer! He's stevo

13. beer_dog

beer_dog 100+ Posts

I am not smart enough to know the ins and outs of being an AD, but I do know that when the fans turn on you, and the coaches turn on you and the seats are empty and a plane is flying over the stadium with your name on it, you better be looking for a new job.

• Like Like x 5
  14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

And with that, can this thread die? Let's move on.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Oh, I don't know. There was a time not too terribly long ago that planes were toting banners that said "Dump DeLoss and flush the John". While the John was flushed, DeLoss managed to survive just fine, thanks in part to DKR hand picking Mack Brown.

16. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

At least with this change, there is a far greater probability of changes being made by someone who actually "gets" Texas and understands the climate and won't take actions that are on par with the arrogance displayed by $teve Patter$on.

This isn't professional sports. The base of THIS 'business' is the very backs of people with a vested interest in the University of Texas, you know...students, alumni, their families.

I never went to the school, but I did donate through the Foundation for a number of years. While I no longer live in Austin, the direction of programs plays a role in why I stopped donating. I voted with my checkbook. Obviously I was not alone. Even more obviously, the University apparently cares that people like me said "Patter$on MUST go."

• Like Like x 1
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

That takes the cake.

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I broke my own rule.

• Like Like x 1