Permian?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by TigerPride, Sep 11, 2011.

1. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

I guess they must be a little down this year? An *** whoopin like that from an Oklahoma school? At home?
    Broken Arrow is good, but they aren't exactly Jenks or Union.

2. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Permian has been struggling bad last year and the start of this year. My kids HS Smithson Valley beat them in the opener and our boys had a bad game.

3. mojo17

mojo17 1,000+ Posts

Permian thought that bringing back a coach from their glory days was an answer to their problems. Current WestLake coach Darren Allman had Permian on track, but sadly politics in Odessa kept him from staying at the school he played for. Gary Gaines is a nice guy but times have passed him by, and he has made some very poor choices in assistants. I have watched Permian for a very long time and have never seen a defense as bad as the one they have put on the field this year. I hope Coach Gaines has the sense to retire after this season to maintain his legacy and not be remembered as a very mediocre coach. The funny thing is that Odessa is a lot calmer now that Permian is just as bad as Odessa High, the anamosity that existed between the two sides of town was something to behold. Instead of Odessa High striving to equal Permian, the school board has managed to bring Permian down to the level of Odessa high. That level is below average at best.

4. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

I can almost guarantee that Broken Arrow destroyed Permian during halftime as well. They have a killer marching band too.

5. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

they should bring in bud kilmer.