Personal Flashback

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by TxnByBirth, Aug 13, 2015.

1. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

Forgive me for my personal indulgence but I was going through some college memorabilia and came across this. There were few big wins to celebrate in football during my time on the Forty but this was one of them.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I was on campus then too. It was a good day. :hookem:

• Like Like x 2
  3. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I remember it well, I went absolutely crazy when he caught that ball :hookem:

That was a great last second example of snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  4. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

That was my freshman year. Great game!

Here are the game stats. Arkansas threw 4 passes, completing one for 10 yards. They ran 62 times for 288 yards. Can you imagine that happening today?

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn 500+ Posts

Ha! My bf was telling me about your YouTube channel not too long ago. Good stuff! \m/

• Like Like x 1
  6. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

I was at the game in Little Rock and I will always remember the fan reaction from the pigs on that last play. The ref didn't seem to signal touchdown quickly and the Pigs rose in unison and started a loud cheer. The Touchdown signal was given and the pigs went silent. Loud and quiet in almost the same second. Also strange was how fast the rows of inbred hillbilly above us, that were pelting us with ice the whole game, departed. We were cheering for a couple of minutes and when I turned to give them a hookem, they were gone.

• Like Like x 3
  7. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

Glad you like the channel. It's one place you can go where Texas is always undefeated in every sport :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I watched that game. Several guys hit jones as the ball arrived, but he hung on. The look on the Piggy coaches faces and their players on the sidelines was grand...utterly stunned and disbelief! I was so excited and yelling so loud, my dogs hid under the bed for two days.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

There are lots of great things about that photo but Atwater just kneeling there in disbelief is my favorite.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

There were so many moments from like 1985-1989 in which I thought we were turning a corner. This is probably the biggest one in terms of getting a much-needed win. Then we gave up 60 to UH a couple weeks later and it was like "oh yeah this is who we are."

11. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

I went to that Houston game. We were kicking their *** until Stafford went down. Then Kelley- sorry, Mary Lou Retton's husband - threw like 300 interceptions and that was all she wrote.

12. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Is that USC Natalie right behind Jones signaling a UT hook 'em touchdown?

• Like Like x 2
  13. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

Either that or she's smelling her arm pits.

14. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Wasn't that Houston game the one where one of the UH DBs had 4 pick and all turned into pick-6s?

15. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Well it was a Saturday afternoon game and Satruday nights are bath night in Arky land. Probably checking to see if she could go another week without one.

• Like Like x 1
  16. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Gawd I remember how painful that was watching Shannon Kelly help UH disembowel the Horns!:angry:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Looks like her.

usc.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

One note on this play, that safety #27, coming over that mistimed what could have been a big hit to break up the catch is Steve Atwater. He was an absolute beast, that went on to be a very hard hitting safety for the Denver Broncos.

If Atwater had timed that right, he could have put a huge lick on Jones, at that time it was still legal to do such things. Thankfully he didn't get the timing right and Jones hung on for the win.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

My bad. I thought Atwater was 28. I blew that one.

20. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

There were not many folks in Little Rock from UT that day, but I was one of them...I had tutored Brett Stafford and was just so glad for him to have this memory for the rest of his life...a great win over the piggies...!!!

• Like Like x 1