PETA just showed up...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by George Bailey, Jan 2, 2019.

1. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

I am impressed by all of you! :smile1: We can disagree and not degrade to tirades and just explain things out as many times as it takes. ShAArk92 lives in West Texas and has been around a lot of livestock in his years. Not everyone agrees with him or me. But he does know his livestock. I've got a Silver Spur brother and I know past Bevo's can get agitated but compared to a few Brahmas Bulls I have encountered Longhorns are much tamer. Anyway, the UGA staff hopefully learned there lesson and PETA will go away eventually. Another issue will come to the forefront. We have a brotherhood here. We don't all have to agree. Many websites are NOT like this in my experience. It's a good thing.

:bevo::bow:

• Like Like x 3
  2. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I don't think WE do. I think making guidelines for all live mascots is cool. I think it's common sense for most animal owners not to ignorantly mix animals who don't know each other, ESPECIALLY if they are difficult to control.

And if PETA came out and asked for reasonable guidelines for college mascots, and the NCAA agreed to keep live mascots separated, instead of the extreme "do away with them!" knee jerk, you'd see reasonable responses.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I haven’t read each post closely but in case it wasn’t posted: the barricades are to keep people away from Bevo, not the other way around.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

it was .... but thanks for the "boldface" :)