Philly/Green Bay

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by stanhin, Sep 26, 2019.

1. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

After GB jumped out to an early 10-0 lead, Philly came back and scored after a drive to take a 14-13 lead late in the first half. Then, Philly stripped the ball from Rodgers and scored yet again with about a minute left to take 21-13 lead. Looking bleak for GB? Nah, Rodgers leads them on TD drive in 50 seconds. 21-20 at the half.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

After the replay officials blew a clear interference call on a GB third down pass attempt, Philly came back on nice drive to take 28-21 lead. (They missed a two-point try)

3. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

I realize I'm just talking to myself, but GB ties it up after another good Rodgers drive despite having no running game due to offensive line injuries (and good Philly run defense, of course). Philly is zooming back down the field--looks like they are going to score again. . . .They did--34-27. After good GB drive (almost all passing again), Philly holds on fourth and goal from the one. Philly driving yet again. GB defense seems powerless to stop them.. . . Philly made it from the one to midfield and then punts to GB 10 with 5 minutes left in game. Rodgers has brought GB back down to first and goal with a minute left. Second and goal from the 3 with less than 40 seconds left in game; tipped pass intercepted by Philly in the end zone. That's the ball game. Two goal line stands by Philly in the fourth.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  4. utxhorns32

utxhorns32 100+ Posts

You’re padding your post count :clap:

• Like Like x 1
  5. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

Didn't realize there was going to be a game thread on this game. Otherwise I would have joined you :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Pissed me off. I had GBs kicker and my opponent had Green Bay D. GB scores I at least get a point and overtime gets me more pts, by either GB scoring or Philly scoring against their D. Huge FU by Rogers. Run the ball with 2 TOs next time please.

7. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I was glad I didn't rush to get picks in for the Circa contest...I had been tempted by GB giving four points. Never did I expect GB to allow Philly to score 34 points. GB scored right about where the books would have expected given the O/U of 47-48 in some places (with a line that could be had of up to seven points).

The question now, as pertains to the Cowboys, is whether this was an aberration by Philly or whether they are for real...

8. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Philly is real for now mb. We will have to see what happens after Wentz' annual injury.

9. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

That's the sixth time Rodgers has been his team's leading rusher. Green Bay has lost all 6 games.

• Like Like x 1
  10. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

From what I saw, the GB d lauded the first 3 games got exposed in this games. Once Philly established the running game, the Pack D couldn't stop them. I'd expect other teams, including cowboys in a couple of weeks, to exploit this