phone call on 18th hole

Discussion in 'Golf' started by huisache, Jul 21, 2015.

1. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

anybody think the phone call on 18 had an effect on Spieth's shot? He is notably picky about photographers making racket when he is trying to concentrate on a shot. How about when some POS leaves their phone on as he is on the brink of making his shot to the green? And then he hits a bad shot, from which he did not recover. I was annoyed and I wasn't even there. His concentration was broken and he backed off from the ball for a few seconds. He never said anything about it but to me it is of a piece with the idiots who yell "on the green" just as golfers make their swing. What is the point other than to show bad manners?

'Crowds at tournaments have gotten huge in recent decades and their manners and dress have become more and more offensive.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Yes, I think he needed to take more time after that than he did. He seemed very bothered and maybe should have regrouped a bit more.

3. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

"He never said anything about it but to me it is of a piece with the idiots who yell "on the green" just as golfers make their swing. What is the point other than to show bad manners?"

I wish the TV networks would start muting all sound for about 3-5 seconds immediately after each tee shot and each putt.

Maybe it would stop the idiots who scream, just a millisecond after the ball clears the tee or putter, something like: "Get in the hole" or whatever. Really annoying.

Maybe even instructing fans as they are admitted to the gallery that such loud outbursts will result in expulsion.

It would eliminate jerks from going to meet his buddies at the local Wild Wings after a tournament and boasting: "Did you hear me right after Tiger's tee shot on the 14th? Yeah, that was me. I'm somebody. My voice was heard on the TV."

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I guess fame like that can really be intoxicating.

5. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

This is one of the annoying things about our society now. Instead of recognizing and respecting the event / person and that it is bigger than you, more important than you and is absolutely not about you, we get some individuals that crave attention, need to be somebody for 10 seconds or get that 15 minutes of fame in life.

Sorry, rant over.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  6. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

People suck now! They always have, but its outta control now.