Pick me out some new jeans

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by Dr Fear, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Dr Fear

Dr Fear 500+ Posts

Time to upgrade to a few pairs of new jeans. The old ones are just not cutting it. I'm not quite in th $200.00 jean club, but $100 or even a bit more is just fine.

I'm 26 years old, mainly wear jeans when we go out.

Help a brotha out?

2. next2naus

next2naus 500+ Posts

just make the move and go for the $200+ jeans

3. ajax

ajax 100+ Posts

My jeans are mostly $19.99 Old Navy specials. I wonder how bitchin' I would look in $200 jeans.

4. random horn

random horn 250+ Posts

5. Orange&White

Orange&White 1,000+ Posts

6. TallTexan

TallTexan 25+ Posts

7. goat

goat 250+ Posts

Where do you live....

If in Austin go to Neimans last call

Dallas has that and Nordstroms rack....you can get nice designer jeans for under 80 at these places.....

8. 12thStudStan

12thStudStan 250+ Posts

For $100 I would buy 5 pairs of jeans from Tractor Supply and pick up a 12 pack of Shiner Bock on the way home with the change, but that's just me and I'm fully aware I have no game. That's where the Shiner Bock fits in nicely.

9. Dr Fear

Dr Fear 500+ Posts

Jorts, however tempting, are not an option.

10. po elvis

po elvis 250+ Posts

i am waiting on some serious responses. i too need to upgrade.

y'all suck

11. Swiffert

Swiffert 250+ Posts

maybe check the womens department for the designer stuff. i go to old navy.

12. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

If you're looking for the hundred buck range, go to Nordstrom's. They're sales people are super helpful and actually know their products. I bought a pair of jeans there a few months back that cost 79 bucks, and was shocked at how well I was treated, since I let the lady know from the word one that I wouldn't be spending much money. I even got a thank you card-- hand written-- in the mail from her a month or so later saying she hoped I was still liking my jeans.

Go to Nordstroms, tell them what you want, and then camp out in the dressing room and let them do the shopping for you.

13. crayon1973

crayon1973 500+ Posts

they are now selling Jean Paul Da'mage jeans for less than a hundred on Overstock.com. I paid like $180 for a pair and now you can buy them for around a hundred or even less.

14. horn4life

horn4life 500+ Posts

I can almost hear Jeff Foxworthy now....

You might be a _________(fill in the blank) if you are a man and buy $200 jeans.....

15. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

A friend of mine wore a pair of Dolce & Gabbana jeans (complete with dangling chain) the other night in Cabo. Every time I tried to tease him about them, I was interrupted by women complementing him. I don't think I'm quite ready for a pair of jeans with dangling chain.

16. DCLonghorn

DCLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

I prefer the "Trucker" by Lucky Brand Jeans.

17. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

Alright here is a serious answer.

Buffalo Brand Jeans are very comfortable and generally about a hundred bucks. You can find these at a few places around town. I know Nordstroms does carry them...also a couple places on South Congress.

If you want something nicer -- go for 575's or Rock/Republic, Chip/Pepper etc. Don't buy sevens....those are for chicks.

What else -- there are old stand bys like Diesel...and True Religions are pretty nice as well -- but much more expensive.

I would say the Buffalo's are the most comfortable $100 pair of jeans you'll find.

18. crayon1973

crayon1973 500+ Posts

19. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

Yup -- I got a pair for $125 about a month ago on South Congress -- only had one pair left and it just happened to be my size...

So I've never bought a pair of those at full price...

20. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

I'll second Buffalo. I love mine - think they were around $95.

I have about 5 pairs of Lucky Brand. They have a ton of styles and washes so there should be something you like. Barton Creek. Seems their quality is up as well - Lucky's used to seem like they developed holes really quickly (not my thing), but none of my new ones do this.

21. Luke Duke

Luke Duke 1,000+ Posts

Pleats are always nice. I would spend the extra money and get the pleated ones with the elastic waist.

[​IMG]

22. Mack Tripper

Mack Tripper 500+ Posts

Lucky are good for that price range.

23. goat

goat 250+ Posts

Diesels have made a big comeback lately, you can find some deals online.

Sevens are last years popular pick...so you should be able to find good deals on them.

AG's are my fave....most comfortable.

Paper Denim you should also be able to find some good deals under $100.

If you are new to the designer jean world and just want something semi conservative you may want to shy away from True Religion.

24. Cluck

Cluck 25+ Posts

I've got a few pairs of 7's I like and I recently got a pair of Diesel's that I really like.

25. RollingwoodHorn

RollingwoodHorn 500+ Posts

I'm a fan of Gap jeans. They're like $40-$50 so you might be looking for something more stylish but they suit me fine.

26. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

Wrangler's treat me right, but then again, I'm not gay.[​IMG]

27. baboso

baboso 250+ Posts

WTF is wrong with Levi's or Wranglers?

28. crayon1973

crayon1973 500+ Posts

so as to avoid a war... lets go with this:

explanation a)ok, designer jeans basically serve the same function as Khakis did 10-15 years ago. They are nice enough to be worn out to a restaurant, but can also we worn with a t-shirt where Wranglers are good jeans, but not "dressy" enough to be worn out.
    b) Chicks like guys who dress well. This is a proven fact. To most girls, nice jeans are a sign of dressing well. Guys like chicks.

either of those should satisfy you.

29. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

Yeah I can this thread getting interesting now.

I work in advertising...I don't have to wear a suit to work but am expected to dress 'nicely.' A nice pair of jeans is pretty much my uniform. I can wear nice jeans to client meetings etc...they are just accepted. People don't look at a $200 pair of jeans as sloppy...

I wear gap jeans as well..my favorite pair of jeans are from old navy -- for lounging or whatever. But I have 4 or 5 pairs of nice jeans I wear for work. No suits though.

30. huge

huge 250+ Posts

Mavi's are usually less than $100 at nordstrom.

lots of different styles and washes.