Pick me out some new jeans

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by Dr Fear, Jul 10, 2006.

1. MizzouSnives

MizzouSnives 500+ Posts

orange and white--you rock. i suppose only having 2 pairs of jeans is "unacceptable" for most people, so i bought another from gap. i'm not ready to spend $100-$200 on a pair for myself, no matter how much my girlfriend thinks i should. that's just crazy.

2. longhrnfan

longhrnfan 500+ Posts

just go buy sevens. they look great and are made well. 125ish.

that is all.

i usually wear express jeans, but i have a couple pairs of sevens.

3. hookem2102

hookem2102 250+ Posts

AG's are all I wear.

4. threesheets

threesheets 250+ Posts

Gap Loose Boot Fit.

5. Dr Fear

Dr Fear 500+ Posts

I think i am going to go with the AG's or 7's. I will update with pics when I can.

6. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

Don't do sevens!! I'm telling you man -- those are the most chick-ish jean there is. Go to any starbucks and you will see 10 girls in sevens within 15 minutes. yes, they make a lot of guy jeans -- but meant for chicks.

7. hornimal

hornimal 500+ Posts

just a small hijack, but where can you buy g. star raw denim? I used to be able to buy it them online from nordstrom, but they no longer carry them. actually any good men's denim online store will do. thanks.

8. hullabelew

hullabelew 1,000+ Posts

If I spent $100 on a pair of jeans, my dad would roll over in his grave, and he is still alive.

Luke Duke: Great stuff.

9. HornMafia

HornMafia 100+ Posts

I got a pair of Luckies that retail for $108 for $43 at the Barton Creek mall last week...they were having some huge sale.

10. baboso

baboso 250+ Posts

11. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

Same as driving a fancy car or buying a big TV. Yes, a Dodge Neon will get you where you need to go -- but for some reason people still buy BMW's...strange.

12. SuperHero

SuperHero 500+ Posts

If you work out and/or naturally have a good body. It doesn't matter what you wear.

13. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

I'd have a hard time spending $100 on jeans (since I've been in 13MWZ's since 8th grade) but I go apeshit on timepieces.

14. ryskey

ryskey 100+ Posts

15. LordHornAustin

LordHornAustin 100+ Posts

16. crayon1973

crayon1973 500+ Posts

I like it when guys hate on people who wear nice clothes...

Hoosier - I think you can buy g-star at By George. And AG makes nice jeans. I have 3-4 pair of them. I think you can buy them cheap at revolve clothing revolveclothing.com

17. TXshelton

TXshelton < 25 Posts

I have 3-4 pairs of AG, get that Neimans discount from the gf...which is nice....

18. huge

huge 250+ Posts

i have a $50off coupon from the gheystore triumvirate in houston. kudos for anyone that knows what 3 stores i am referring to.

and i think i want some more paper denim

19. unpaintedhuffhines

unpaintedhuffhines 1,000+ Posts

20. horn4life

horn4life 500+ Posts

I think that the jean manufacturers have gotten pretty smart in figguring out that since women often are so impressed by money. That selling women's style jeans to men at a price high enough that women will notice is pretty good marketing....

21. ajax

ajax 100+ Posts

My original question was a serious question. I really wonder how much better I would look in a $200 pair of jeans.

Is it just the label or do they really fit better?

I know why women obsess over jeans. Two hot women may be equally attractive, but the same pair of jeans will fit them differently. They are searching for the perfect fit. Women tend to wear jeans that fit tightly, and the more expensive brands do it better.

But for guys, does it really matter? If you're tall, slim, fit with good muscle tone, are you going to look that much better in a $200 pair than you would in Old Navys? What if you just swapped the labels?

Notice I didn't say Wrangler or Lee jeans. Old Navy at least tries to follow the fashionable cuts.

22. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

I can understand being fashionable, by all means. I'm big on man-***-- 2nd thing I notice on a guy. (1st is hair. I like hair.) I've never once noticed what brand of jeans a guy is wearing, though. I DO notice how they fit his booty and legs.

As for clothing, I notice shoes before I notice anything else. I can't stand it when guys wear cheap or dirty shoes.

I can't afford anything like 200 dollar jeans anyway, and I know I'm in a totally different tax bracket from those who can, so shop on, designer jean people, shop on....

23. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

Well -- you should just go try on a bunch of different jeans....that's really the only way to figure it out for yourself. See if you can tell the difference -- if you can't, then buy whatever jeans are cheapest.

Lots of time the more expensive jeans feature a lot of stains or something to get that distressed look -- that's what you're paying for.

I just bought a pair of rock and republiks -- most comfortable pair of jeans I've ever had (except the ones I'e had for 3 years that I wear around the house).

24. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

ajax - they don't need to be $200. A pair of $100 jeans do look better than a pair of $40 Old Navy. It's partly the cut, but a LOT more about the material and wash. My most recent purchase is the softest pair of pants I have ever owned - I love them. The difference between $40 and $100 is about 10x the difference between $100-200.

25. Horny Ringman

Horny Ringman 250+ Posts

I read in a magazine on a plane this week that Grey is the new Blue. Sit back and watch....and remember you heard if from the Horny Ringman!

26. HenryGandorf

HenryGandorf 250+ Posts

wow, i never come to horn depot, but my ride is late.

i might as well comment on a few things:

-don't rag on guys who want to look good to girls unless you're already married
    -sevens are for chicks. worse than that, they're for chicks in 2002
    -"labels" don't mean anything. it's look and feel and fit and durability. it's not like a shirt or something. and yes, girls notice the look of nice jeans and they can tell the difference. you will look and likely feel better in more expensive ones. sorry, but it's true.
    -i have several different kinds of jeans, but my favorites are a pair of diesels and a pair of paper denim. i get compliments on my diesels almost every time i wear them, just from how well they fit.
    -i don't know how often you'll wear them, or if you can wear them out all the time or to work all the time, but i do, and think they're completely worth it, much more so than nice shirts, shoes, slacks, or suits.
    -don't buy jeans online. what, are you insane?
    -nice jeans and chains holding your wallet are mutually exclusive. i will never have a chain of any kind

all i got

27. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

So the conclusion is that he should go try a bunch of jeans on?

I vote for Nordstroms again [​IMG]

28. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

Nordstrom is really a good place, and they have a sale going on right now (at least in Austin they do). It might end today, but I think it's in a few days.

I picked up a pair of AG Jeans and Sevens today. I don't care if you guys say they're for chicks, they look good and the price was great.

29. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

30. hornimal

hornimal 500+ Posts