Pierce--Where are your team leaders?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by JohnnyBravo, Jun 19, 2022.

1. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo 250+ Posts

This team ran so hot and cold I got to believe that Pierce isn't able to provide consistent motivation or find the 1 or 2 players that can be the team leaders needed to push and pull the team through championship play.

Can anyone name the players that are the team's leaders? All championship teams have team leaders.

Never heard an announcer talk about the guy on the Texas team that pushes the other players. That leads the locker room.

Have I missed something??

Pierce. Where are your team leaders?

• Hot Hot x 1
  2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Good question....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Post hoc whining

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

This team has been hot and cold all season. Really nothing new. Pitching has been average and absolutely no bullpen. I really believe they went as far as they could with the talent they had. Overall they did the best that they could . Hook em

• Like Like x 1
  5. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I would say they got quite a bit farther than most thought they would considering our pitching woes. That could be due to coaches making the adjustments to get as much out of them as possible.

6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The team seemed motivated to get to Omaha, but that was about it.

7. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Baseball is a lot different vs football in this aspect.
    More cerebral, If you get too amped you might have a bad At Bat or make bad choices in the field, or throw too hard on the mound.
    Faltine tried to be the leader early, but then his bat failed him, so he quit barking at others that were hitting better than him.
    We have a lot of quiet people on this team.

• Agree Agree x 1