Places to run stairs?

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by Texas0407, May 7, 2010.

1. Texas0407

Texas0407 500+ Posts

Anyone have any suggestions where in Austin I can run stairs? I know DKR is closed, but what about local high school stadiums- are they closed to the public too?

2. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Hit up the area by the LBJ fountain. You can run up the hills on the grass, the hill next to the stadium or the one going up towards Red River St. There are also stairs on the hill if you get tired of running up and down the grassy part of it. A lot of diversity in one small area. You can do laps around campus, over to Disch-Falk, up Red River, down towards downtown.

Plus there is always the eye candy in abundance.

3. Texas0407

Texas0407 500+ Posts

Not a bad idea. Not bad at all. Thanks l00p.

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

0407, I have something to add to the above. Include in your jaunts on campus the parking garage on San Jacinto before you get to Dean Keeton / 26th street. It is about 7 or 8 levels with stairs right on the sidewalk side of the entry way.

After doing the hills and stairs near the LBJ area you could have a good downhill and flat for a little bit and then hit the higher stairs. Mix and match at your whimsy for a good variety to keep your body and muscle memory honest. I was surprised the garage is that many floors but I counted with your post in mind.

5. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

so loop -- you've seen hotter stairs on campus?

6. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

NO STAIRS AT ALL

7. Dead Horse

Dead Horse 250+ Posts

Mt Bonnell is what I hit about once a month or so.

8. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I'd hit it! I have not seen hotter Mt.'s on campus.

9. hornyhoosier

hornyhoosier 500+ Posts

I used to run the ramps at DKR. The stadium itself was locked, but the ramps on the west side never were.

10. BornOrange

BornOrange 100+ Posts

Back in my day (87-91) Memorial Stadium was open all the time for running the track, bleachers, or on the field. Good times.

Jester West stairs were a pretty good challenge.

11. Texas0407

Texas0407 500+ Posts

I wonder if I would be arrested (trespass) for running the Jester stairs.

That Jester smell would take me back to the year 2000 though. Call me crazy, but I love that weird smell.

12. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

My money is that you get arrested for being in Jester. You will also have to register as a sex offender or some weird **** like that. I think they have kids in there this time of the year. Wait, they are in Dobie for the camps or somewhere like that but yeah, you'd get in trouble running around in Jester like that.

Will you autograph your picture in Mugshots magazine?