Plan' B's failure a disaster for the GOP

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Bevo Incognito, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

2. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

The GOP has become the laughing stock much before this. When Mitch McConnell filibusters HIS OWN bill, that shows the total disarray the party is in. They don't seem to realize this but the GOP is in real danger of becoming extinct or morphing into another party.

3. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

4. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

It takes two to tango. It amazes me that all the blame keeps falling back on the Repubs when it is so obvious that Obama wants to go over the fiscal cliff. The Repubs are intractable on the tax increase, therefore BO insists on it.

By going over the cliff, he'll get the massive tax hike he wants to support new spending. That's right, all the new taxes will not be used to pay down the debt. BO could care less about the debt. He'll use the added revenue for more spending on entitlements, further dooming the country to bankruptcy at some point in the future.

5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

In reply to:

6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

7. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

8. Bevo Incognito

I completely agree: let's go over the fiscal cliff. I want to see taxes raised so that people will start to see that wars and prescription drug benefits and national parks aren't free.

Only when we pay as we go will we stop borrowing to finance a way of life that we can't afford.

Besides, I pay very little in income taxes these days, so it doesn't impact me very much at all.

Of course, the irony is that as the Republican party continues to marginalize itself, the democrats will continue to continue and intensify the assault on fiscal virtue, making the inevitable repercussions even harsher.

9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I think there is a real chance that he won't be Speaker in the next Congress.

10. Bevo Incognito

Mr. Deez: no doubt it was a disaster for Boehner, personally.

11. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Where Boehner really screwed up was agreeing to the fiscal cliff in the first place. Democrats simply don't have a reason not to go over. It gives them the big tax increase, does little to nothing about entitlements, and hits defense with a disproportionate share of the cuts. Sounds like a Democratic wish list to me.

I think Boehner assumed they'd come to the table to avoid taxes going up on the lower and middle classes. Big mistake. The Democratic leadership doesn't really oppose across the board tax increases. Hell, they used to run on them. They only oppose being blamed for such tax increases. Since they're not being blamed for anything that's going on, they lose nothing by taxes going up on lower and middle income families.

13. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

14. mojo17

mojo17 1,000+ Posts

You lib's slay me. We already cough up half of what we make to the bloodsuckers and now they will get more. Maybe the needy will be able to get 3Dtvs now certainly would not want anyone deprived. We might as well resign ourselves that working hard to get ahead is fools gold. Work less get more.

15. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

16. Hookem123

Hookem123 1,000+ Posts

You demonocrats need to go tell the one, the only, the comrade Obama his money tree has been cut down. Now he needs to figure out where your next meal is coming from. It's not our fault you dumbasses failed to plan past one month. It's what you always do, funny none of you thought of the idea of redistributing the wealth every other day. Then you dumbasses could all be rich for a day, every other day. As it is, you'll be dependent on Obama for your food stamps. He just needs to find a way to fund your ham bone soup. Dumbasses.

17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

18. Hookem123

Hookem123 1,000+ Posts

19. Bevo Incognito

20. Hookem123

Hookem123 1,000+ Posts

BI Coming from someone who spends all his time in the swallow end yet proclaims to be Mark Spitz.

21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

22. Hookem123

Hookem123 1,000+ Posts

23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

24. Hookem123

Hookem123 1,000+ Posts

25. Bevo Incognito

I give a ****, Mr. Deez!

Hookem123 obviously does, too, since he keeps responding to you.

I've always laughed when somebody responds to something I've said by saying "I don't give a **** what you say ..."

Uh, yes you do.

26. Bevo Incognito

27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

28. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

It seems to me that a better way to negotiate is for the Pubs to request a wish list budget from the Dems and then work off that. Do a freaking PR campaign like Obama and show the debt and what the crappy proposed budget means to America. Let the people decide and if they want to send America into ruin quickly then go with the Dem plan. If not, go with a sensible plan. The point is that a PR campaign is needed to show what is wrong with entitlement spending.

29. Bevo Incognito

30. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts