Plane crash at 183 btw Mopac 360

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by Statalyzer, Feb 18, 2010.

1. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

re: calling an act terrorism-every "terrorist" thinks what he is doing is right, either from his religious, moral, or ethical perspective, and there are going to be those who agree the act was right to combat a perceived evil.
    There probably should not be any acts called terrorism, just call them crimes and leave it at that.
    Sure, lots of people dislike the IRS, and have found some policies or rulings to be unfair, and either inwardly or publically agree with the airplane crasher.
    I agree that redwood trees should not be cut down, and people shouldn't build in the middle of national forests, and there are those who spike the trees and burn down those houses. Some people call them environmental terrorists.
    These things are just crimes, plain and simple. Either work within the system to change policies, or become a criminal and attack it from the outside. Same for al Queda, Taliban, Timothy McVea, Unibomber or the Austin IRS Bomber.
    They're either all terrorists, or they are all criminals. They all do the same things. It's a matter of semantics.

2. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

It wasn't just the IRS he was tired of, it was the hypocrisy of the US government. He views it as though he was screwed by the bureaucracy of the US government (in this case the IRS) and ended up causing him to fail. Yet, when other people (or corporations, which are the same thing) fail spectacularly, the same government/bureaucracy bails them out with the money they took from him.

3. alt875

alt875 250+ Posts

4. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

5. brntorng

brntorng 2,500+ Posts

6. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

Even if the tax code is "rediculous", wouldn't it make more sense to complain to/about the people who actually write that tax code? As in, Congress and the President?

I think everyone does that, hell, half of obama's cabinet including the head of the irs failed to pay their taxes correctly.

7. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

I'll bet when they look into his past medical history, they'll find some mental health problems.
    The tax code is very frustrating. I'm doing my taxes now, and I'm pissed at the complexity of the IRS and their tax code, but I know how to get help when I'm stuck, and it doesn't involve flying airplanes. [​IMG]

8. ChemHORN

ChemHORN 100+ Posts

I have a coworker that was friends with the guy and his family. Said none of them ever saw this coming. He seemed happy and laid back most of the time. They hung out with them regularly and said he never showed a sign of it. I think this points less to a past history of mental problems and more to the guy just snapped.

9. AustinTejasFan

AustinTejasFan 1,000+ Posts

"He burns his house down and then kills himself and he had to know that his wife and daughter would be left to pick up the pieces without any kind of financial compensation from insurance. "

You don't think this guy had homeowners insurance? Life insurance?

10. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

11. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

12. AustinTejasFan

AustinTejasFan 1,000+ Posts

Most HO policies approved for use by admitted companies in Texas make an exception to the intentional loss exclusion for an innocent co-insured (spouse) who did not contribute to the loss.

If the life insurance has been in force more than 3 years, the suicide clause is void.

13. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

14. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts