Play Bowl Pick Em with Horn Fans!

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Badass, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Vino Bevo

Vino Bevo Wine - how classy people get drunk

I'm in - not much of an idea who to pick in most games so probably gonna suck but want to be part of the cool crowd. :smokin:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

If you bring beverages, you can join...like the Dr Pepper portal commercial, bring beverages and it is all good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Vino Bevo

Vino Bevo Wine - how classy people get drunk

Beverages I can handle...

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Oh man, sorry mb. No idea how that disagree got there. My mistake. I would have put a ‘like’ if I put anything.

5. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

So...to be clear...given some of the boneheaded plays we saw from Texas this season...you are on the coaching staff, yes? It WOULD explain a lot ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Yep coach the Lefts, you know, the left - outs.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

I just signed up ... I am a glutton for punishment. My regular season was my worst ever lol

8. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

And awwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyy we go...first kick of bowl season in a few minutes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Get your picks in guys and gals.
    Here we go...
    Best of luck to all.

10. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Welp....I should have trusted my gut. Instead, I jumped to Toledo this morning.

I HATE moneyline contests. I am much more consistent with a spread to work with...

11. RainH2burntO

IDE has already done this...
    But, for anyone else with multiple entries, you need to clarify which one is the one "that will count" please

• Like Like x 1
  12. RainH2burntO

Toledo was my most uncertain, high point pick. I usually move those down, but decided to roll with it based off odds and consensus..ignoring aspects of my own analysis.
    ..Break your own rules and pay.

13. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I bounced back to Toledo when the line continued to stay over 10 and no news about early outs in favor of the combine. I also didn't trust, in the end, the momentum element of MTSU having had to win to be bowl eligible and the trend of such teams doing well in bowls...sadly, I envisioned them potentially being the ones to party a bit too much in the Bahamas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

And the Rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air….for those who took Toledo…
    Nash2 is Nashhorns wife.
    I’d exist only filled out one

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2021
  15. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Correct. And I actually ended the year ahead of her. Whew.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. RainH2burntO

Whew...
    What a finish..That was a close one, hey guys?

17. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Might be the only time I am in first place so yea.

• Like Like x 2
  18. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Northern Illinois got jobbed on that last play...they lost at least a second on the pass with a slow whistle if it was incomplete and then immediately afterwards when they wound the clock even before the ref could get out of the way of the O-line.

I cannot say it would have been a TD, but the refs screwed that last few seconds up IMO...

19. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

It looked to me like the ref signaled complete and he came down in bounds so he wound the clock. The ref clearly marked the spot with his foot. It would have been nice to have an explination.

20. RainH2burntO

The only explanation needed is "my team" won, so it was obviously a great call there...lol

21. RainH2burntO

FWIW....
    The game kicking off now IMO is one of the better match ups and hardest to call.
    Should be a good one.
    ...Now watch it be a blowout cuz I spoke...

A few notes on this...QB Blaine Zappe leads FBS in most categories...can end today with all time touchdown AND yards records.
    Also, successful and sought after OC Zach Kittley will be in Lubbock next year.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  22. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Raise your hand if you bought into Deon and his team. Koolaid was baaad.Bowl prep is all part of a good season.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  23. RainH2burntO

Well...I'm in the 1 spot...but not very comfortable or confident with my overall positioning. Some people down on the board I'd like to trade places with right now.
    Nashorn (or his wife?)for one has a real good looking setup at 7-2 with 981 remaining points left. Kudos!
    Horns11, Vino, Military, Old horn fan in a pretty good spot.
    I broke some rules and rode a couple non p5s at too high pt totals based off some calculation and research ...but not enough familiarity...breaking from usual approach. Won a few lost a few, but expelled too many bullets that I'll miss later.
    Now, hit ratio will have to be extremely high from here out for me.
    We will soon see some leaderboard flipping.
    I thought going in this would be a tough year, as in my view there is as much parity in CFB as I can remember seeing in quite some time...on top of the number of variables unique to the times....makes it real interesting.

All the best...

24. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Cannot believe BYU lost. That’s one I had told my son was a stupid pairing I was so confident they would win easily. Goes to show.
    Mrs Nash is kicking it as of now!!! Between the two of us the won - loss is our goal and she’s rolling so far. She rarely makes any point movement in her choices like I do which is why my points can be higher with a lower won loss record than hers (yeah I realize after typing that it’s rather self explanatory - call me captain Obvious).
    Hookem

25. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Rain, still nothing like made points. Mrs Nash is leading on record, but she should of fired her cannon on some of these. Always gotta look in your rear view mirror though.
    I’m just watching scores so far, out on the River…Monday I’ll be there with popcorn.

• Like Like x 1
  26. RainH2burntO

Where ya at, Creek?

27. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Up on the Brazos near Whitney. I’ve kayaked from Marlin to Freeport on this river. In pieces though, as that is -over 380 miles

• Like Like x 2
  28. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

More games being cancelled-Ecu vs BC, UVA vs SMU. Points all being recalibrated…ugh.
    Rain is back in the lead somehow lol!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  29. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

A lot of good personal memories about Whitney and Lake Whitney from long ago......

• Like Like x 1
  30. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Opt out Bingo. Some are firing their cannon for Western. Some still believe in the Wolfpack. I decided to sit this one out basically.