Players suspended for Texas Bowl

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by bck031, Dec 22, 2017.

1. bck031

bck031 1,000+ Posts

2. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

If it weren't for the extra practice time they get, I wish we would just forego this bowl game. Its going to be ugly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Great, more distractions, more players not participating... I'm not liking the mojo leading up to the bowl game.

As someone pointed out on another thread, the approach to this bowl kind of has the smell of that awful beatdown in Freedom Bowl back in the 80's - can't remember was it Iowa?

• Like Like x 1
  4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

What the heck is going on here? I am officially sorry I bought tickets. Gonna be a shorter list of players than non players if this keeps up. Oh the highs and lows of 2017!!!

5. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Don't worry guys, I'm sure Beck will dial something up for us.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

:lmao:

• Like Like x 2
  7. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Gawd Almighty!! Final grades must be out is my thought. Hopefully not something worse.

That was the game. We started off at #1 that season, tied ou 15-15 and went downhill from there only beating TCU the rest of the way, IIRC.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

10. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Hmm, we got some good recruits coming in next year though! We can just punt on first down until we have really good field position. Michael Dixon is still playing in the Texas Bowl. I am grabbing for straws here!

11. Desperado

Desperado 1,000+ Posts

You can’t fix stupid. You can’t coach stupid. Stupid is stupid.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Character :brickwall:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Kids are kids. Discipline is discipline. If standards are reasonable and applied consistently , it works out well in the end.

14. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

In the old days you run them till they puke. Now they transfer if you do that. I guess the video screens of the players highlights in each locker is supposed to get us better players, but if they don't play in bowl games or break team rules, or don't show up for a game or 4, they are useless to me.

15. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I was there. Chuck Long shredded Jerry’s kids as everyone recalls. Rainy night. Very ugly.

16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Besides getting destroy in miserable weather in front of hundreds of people, this was the only bowl game that the athletic department did not try to sell tickets to.

17. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Is a white flag something that might be found in the binder?

• Like Like x 1
  18. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I am officially glad that I did not buy tickets for the POS Bowl.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I thought about it, since it's a drive I can go both ways in the same day, I would only be working a half-day that day anyway, and tickets would be cheap. But if a large chunk of the team doesn't want to do it, why should the fans?

20. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Wait, aren’t these basically Charlie’s players skipping the bowl and leaving the team and getting suspended? I guess it really is difficult to direct young men’s lives. If Charlie can’t do it then Herman, who cannot possess the moral fiber that Strong has, can ever accomplish this feat. I’ll give up on that dream and hope for blocking and tackling next year.

21. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Keeping with the proud UT traditions of Bevo, Ol Smokey, and negativity.
    Yep that’s precisely what this team and coaches need.

As a leader, that exactly what I need to when issues arise. Right?

22. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

NR is right! Do or die, let’s stay positive for the Texas Bowl! Game ain’t over, heck, ain’t even started! We’ve got athletes on schollies just like Mizzou does! Let’s go beat an SEC SEC SEC team! Hook ‘em!

• Like Like x 1