Please Pray for Me. I'm Sorry to be Selfish...

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by hookmom, Jun 25, 2004.

1. hookmom

hookmom 25+ Posts

but for the sake of my children, I truly need your prayers.

The power of prayer works--when folks are physically ill the prayer circles in force seem to make things better.

The prayers I'm am requesting are for my mental health. My emotions were triggered by my ex last night who has told me he cannot and will not pay for my rent--as he is broke. When I told him I was broke he became abusive, called me a physcho, after asking if I was medicated. and the rest is not for public consumption.

My physical body feels as though it is closing in on my emotional body. My spirit is breaking fast and needs to be fixed for the sake of my kids. I'm crying again and have not cried since I left Princeton House last month. Last night I was on the phone for two hours getting some phase of help but I'm shaking again. I know I am weak or I would not have cried and needed help.

Now I need God's intervention with your help. You have no idea of how I don't want to go back to the hospital. As much as I loved it there, I love my kids more.

At this point I am begging you to pray for me because I don't think God wants to listen to me--he or she is most likely disgusted with me.

Thank you so very much,
    Cathe

2. NorthernHorn

NorthernHorn 25+ Posts

I will pray.

No matter what you think, God WANTS to listen and WILL. The bible says " Cast all your cares on Him, for He cares for you." Another says "Cast your burdens on the Lord, and He will sustain you."

He cares and He will help you. But it is extremely important that you put your life in His hands, and do things His way. It may not be the way that you want, but it will be best in the long run. Just wait and see what He does, don't rush ahead with your own ideas, and you'll see your circumstances change for the better.

3. AUinAustin

AUinAustin 250+ Posts

4. Bevoette

Bevoette 1,000+ Posts

Prayers for you..... It's not selfish to ask for yourself. It takes strength to ask for prayers and guidence.
    I asked last year for myself before major sinus surgery.....

Mental health is harder to heal then a bruse on your knee. It's your sole and God will help guide you and heal you as long as you believe.
    Prayers for all the healing and guidence you need.

5. Biggdan

Biggdan < 25 Posts

Do you really love your kiids? Close your eyes for a moment and think about how much they mean to you.

If you can love your kids that much, though you are sinful, how much more does God, who is perfect, able to love you? God is never disgusted, never surprised, never shocked with you. He wants nothing more than to wrap his arms around you and hold you and comfort you. He will if you will let him.

Dan

6. elliotthorn

elliotthorn 25+ Posts

Many on this site, myself included, have prayed, are praying, and will pray for you.

Take care of yourself, and ask liberally of the Good Lord.

Ask for help. Prayers are being answered, and will continue to be answered.

e

7. lostman

lostman 500+ Posts

Prayers, lots of them right now, going up for you and your kids.
    I can't even begin to fathom the burden you must have right now, but I am sure that you are right about the power of others' prayers as well as those of your own.
    Take care.
    [​IMG]

8. Momo

Momo 25+ Posts

hookmom,

I love you and I don't even know you. Imagine how God feels about you! You are his child and he loves you. I just had a little girl. She is amazing and I thank God every day for her. No matter what happens in her life, no matter who she marries, what she does for a living, what mistakes she makes along the way, I will never love her any less. As time goes on, I will love her more and more.

God is the same way, only he will love you 100x more than anyone on earth ever could even imagine loving you. NEVER think that he doesn't want to listen to you. He wants nothing more. I know it sounds cliche, but take each moment one step at a time, think of the great things in your life (those who love you, your kids and family), and deal with those things that get in your way of having an amazing relationship with God. He is there and will always be...

9. M C Orange

M C Orange 100+ Posts

you are in my prayers. stand strong and look to God for guidance. never give up hope; there is always hope.. i pray that God will see you through and help you in your trying time. Look to him for your answer

10. wooderson72

wooderson72 25+ Posts

Continued prayers for you and your children. Children are our greatest gifts and I pray strength and comfort for you and yours.

11. Nebraskan4Texas

Nebraskan4Texas 25+ Posts

Please know that you are not weak. You are indeed incredibly strong to be so open and ask for help. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

12. LittleHornChick

LittleHornChick 100+ Posts

Hang in there hookmom. My kids are the only thing that has gotten me through my divorce; it's been horrendous, and I can't imaging how much more difficult it must be for you compounded by other issues. I know when I look at my kids my life suddenly has purpose again, and that's why it's so hard when they're with their dad. Hang in there. Prayers are coming your way.

13. hookmom

hookmom 25+ Posts

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for all your prayers. There is a calmness that is setting in--and my days are getting much better. My strength seems to be growing by the day. I do believe in the power of prayer--and want to thank you all!

Love,
    Catherine

14. Olhorn

Olhorn 100+ Posts

Hookmom, that is great news. I think our prayers may have helped some, but I am sure it is your efforts that have brought improvement. Keep it up and keep us posted to the extent you feel like doing so.

15. elliotthorn

elliotthorn 25+ Posts

I am still here, and hope you are finding peace and help.

The Good Lord is still with you, as are our continuing prayers.

We shall not stop.

e[​IMG][​IMG]

16. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

I will pray for you and your kids, hookmom.

Never be afraid to ask for prayer or help. We are all weak at times, and God is the only one who can lift us out of those deep holes. [​IMG]