Please pray for my nephews

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by 12thStudStan, Oct 29, 2001.

1. 12thStudStan

12thStudStan 250+ Posts

My nephew was shot by his brother in a hunting accident. He was hit in the chest and abdomen at close range with about 50 pellets (dove load). He was airlifted from Victoria to San Antonio and is in stable condition tonite. He has a punctured lung and will have a colostomy.

A prayer for both my nephews and the family would be greatly appreciated.

2. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

I'm real sorry to hear this Stan. I will definitely say a prayer for both of your nephews and the family. I have a special candle that I bought a couple of months back that I've been saving for the right occasion. This is it and I will light it tonight in his honor.
    Please keep us updated

3. TexasEd

TexasEd 1,000+ Posts

will do.

4. 12thStudStan

12thStudStan 250+ Posts

Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers.

My nephew is doing much better and is back at home with his family. He had surgery to repair and remove portions of his small and large intestines and additional surgery to remove shot from his hip. He got hit by about 100 pellets of #8 (dove load) in the lower abdominal area, chest and both hands. The gun he was carrying shielded him from a good number of pellets. His manhood was untouched, except by the nurses, and a colostomy was not necessary.

He is a scrappy kid from a very close knit family blessed with tremendous faith and love. He is expected to fully recover without any disability.

His younger brother has received counseling and appears to be doing OK. He is very happy to have his brother back at home.

5. Hello Nasty

Hello Nasty 25+ Posts

that is good to hear....glad everything is better!

Hook Em
    Hello Nasty

6. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

I'm glad everything worked out.