politics aside, THIS process is fantastic

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by tropheus, Feb 5, 2008.

1. tropheus

tropheus 1,000+ Posts

I'm not sure if we will see this again for several more decades as we haven't seen it in decades before, but we truly have a national campaign, especially on the Democratic side. It's just plain good for everyone, especially in important States that tend to go the other direction in the general election. The idea that Texas will matter for the Democrats is simply refreshing. The fact that Republicans will have a real say for their nominee in Texas is great. Whatever problems we have with the system, its working fantastically today.

2. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

yup. this is starting to be a great country again. perhaps we should thank gwb for ******* things up so bad to make us open our eyes again... then again, f**k that.

3. Brubricker

Brubricker 250+ Posts

The Texas primary is one of the very last ones on the schedule so even though a lot of delegates will be at stake I think the Dem race will be decided before then. The key was that John Edwards dropped out before Super Tuesday. If he had stayed in longer he could've won at least a decent number of delegates but the timing of withdrawal practically guaranteed that the Dems will not face the risk of a brokered convention. I think we'll know the Dem nominee by the end of this month (and before Texas votes).

4. Texas Wahoo

Texas Wahoo 1,000+ Posts

5. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

This process is stupid. It ought to work the same in every state for both parties.

6. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

for the Democrat party having "super delegates" insures that the Party choice will be the nominee so NO Obama.........

7. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

Great process: really, really ****** product selection on both sides of the isle.

I said this the last two presidential elections, if this is the best we can do we are in deep ****.

So whoever wins, enjoy your candidate's victory but they still suck **** through a straw.

8. tropheus

tropheus 1,000+ Posts

its better than being done after Iowa, NH and S. Carolina.