POLL Big XII Championship: Who you want?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Nov 18, 2018.

?

Big XII Championship - Who do you prefer?

1. WVU

63 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. OUsux

7 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

:wvu:

or

:ou:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

We owe WV an *** kicking.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Texas owes ou an *** kicking any time possible.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  4. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

I want to give Kyler (Bo Jackson) his 2nd loss. Would love to beat them twice in one year in Dallas.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

THIS!!! I think we could beat them.....

6. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I want this mostly for their Horns down BS...
    ...but how satisfying would it be to beat the sooners twice.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

This needs to be settled properly

wvu.jpg

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  8. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

OU always seems to win the Big XII. I know they haven't ALWAYS won it, but it seems that way. They have won 3 consecutive. I prefer to not see them even playing in the game.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  9. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Yup, let the sooners sit home and watch the Horns sweep Big XII glory from the field while settling a score with the 'neers!

:trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  10. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

The current landscape of college football is watering down a number of classic traditional rivals.

The SEC title game frequently has a repeat of a regular season game of two SEC rivals.

The B1G not so much with Meatchicken, tOSU, and MSU all in the same division, but still can easily lead to a single-season repeat of a game earlier played between two traditional rivals like the SEC.

PAC12, see SEC and B1G.

Big 12 even more likely since the two title game teams don't even have to come from a separate division. (Edit: By structure of the Big 12, the title game will be a same season repeat, though not necessarily between traditional rivals).

The Red River War/Shootout/Rivalry/SafeSpace or whatever it is called now has a big national audience since it's between two traditional powers, played relatively early in the season compared to most other rivalry games, is a state versus state thing, is at the same neutral site every year, State Fair of Texas, etc.

A repeat of UT-OU in a Big 12 title game would for me be like playing OU post season in a bowl game. Who cares? It's not early October.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  11. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

it would be like we had entered an alternative universe....no doubt....

12. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn 500+ Posts

If we take care of business and this ends up being the match up, then this picture and a picture of Grier running into the south end zone need to be posted REALLY large somewhere in the locker room.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

If we play Oklahoma in the championship game I think they would have Kyler Murray running the ball more often and that scares me so that's why I would rather play WVU. Some people might poop on me but that's okay this is the way I feel.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

This x1000. I want this one bad. Plus it's just hard to beat a team 2x in the same season. I'd much prefer to play a team we've lost to than one we beat. See 2001.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

The Horns Down from their receiver and from Greer grate on me. I want to see them ground into the turf.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I was just about to poop this post, but upon reflection, it seemed like you wanted it just a wee bit too much.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  17. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

As far as the Horns down thing, didn't OU start the whole thing?

Either one of them will obnoxiously do it in the Championship game, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

The Horns down thing irritates me. But if you sack the QB it's not something you have to worry about. Run the receiver out of his route......same thing. They only throw the Horns down when we give them a reason too.

During the Super Bowl 90's I went to a Cowboys-Packers game on MNF. Worst game I have ever seen. Dallas won 21-6 by kicking 7 field goals. Which broke the NFL record. The last kick came in the last minute, with Dallas deep in Packer territory and could run out the clock. When Barry was told 7 would be a record, he called the time out, put the kicking team out there and got the kid an All-Time NFL Record. He was brutalized by the broadcast crew and the local media. In a post game interview he said "if I had the chance to get your son an NFL record, I would do it and I don't even know you. And if Reggie White didn't want us to kick a FG from the 6, why didn't someone tackle one of our running backs on 12 straight running plays that took the ball form our 42 to their 6".

Same concept.

:deadhorse:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

In what I assume was the same coach the same signal was made yesterday at least twice against OSU. Can't say for a fact it's all about the horns.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  20. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

That's a pretty unique hand signal I have never seen made by a sideline coach so I don't give them the benefit of the doubt
    We must drink from the skulls of our enemies

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I noticed that just before Greer ran the same play they ran for the two pt conversion against UT but to the right side for a TD. Maybe that's their new signal for running that play.

22. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Just a thought. I don't see people doing the upside "Claw 'em bears" or the upside down two-fingered Frog thing, or I believe, the upside down Gig 'em. There's a reason why it's just the Hook 'em that gets this treatment. And I think we're going to keep showing them that reason in years to come.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

It should be Texas and Oklahoma in the title game. The two flagship teams in the big 12. West Virginia is Johnny come lately. First we need to beat the basketball school...

24. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

When I was at UT in the mid 70's the gig 'em was the upside down hook 'em. Guess I need to keep up.

25. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Legend is that UH's hand sign is Hook 'em with the index finger added.

When I see it I think of a cougar who's lost a toe in an animal trap.

I mean, who's ever seen a 3-fingered cougar?

Or it's the "shocker."

• Funny Funny x 2
  26. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

Perhaps they could assemble an all-star of both squads and we beat that combined team???

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. Horn hubby

Horn hubby 500+ Posts

I honestly thought during our game the WV coaches were saying it was an M for mountaineers. But i am glad they are finally flagging it.

28. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Mountaineers.
    It’s tough to beat a team twice in one season.
    Dang sure don’t want to chase the little baseball player around on the carpet either.

29. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

30. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

being from Houston, it was once shown to me.....do the UH sign and look at it with your palm facing you....on the left a "U" and on the right, an "H"....depending on which way you are looking at it....