PONLL team headed to LLWS

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Buck-Horn, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

Are you Houston baseball buffs following this story? I thought it merited posting here....

Post Oak Little League makes new memories, rekindles old ones

I grew up in SW Houston (now referred to as the “Galleria” area) & played LL baseball in this league in the ‘60’s, then known as Post Oak National LL. So, I have a keen interest in this story. There were 2 other leagues in the area back then....Post Oak American & Voss West. I believe the current POLL is a merger of those leagues. My HS classmate, Melanie Hauser, did this nice story. Let’s cheer on POLL to be the first EVER Texas LLWS champion!!!

Be interested to know how many of you guys played in this league too....

• Like Like x 3
  2. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

Texas wins their opening game! Play NY on Sunday @ 11:00.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Love their unis. Looks like they are going down today.

4. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

Tough loss! They now have to win 3 straight to get to US final on Saturday.

5. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I was looking at the brackets and it looks like the winners and losers bracket meet for the US Championship in one game winner take all. Does that seem right? Feels a little unfair that the Houston team could lose today then meet the same team again on the 25th and only have to beat them once. I know it's a very long tourney, but dang that's tough.

6. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

Yea, it’s been that way for years....I have the same thoughts. Sort of reminds me of the ‘89 CWS....we go undefeated & lose the winner-take-all championship to a 1-loss Witchta State. Not sure why LL can’t do a true double elimination tourney. Prob has to do with TV, school schedules, etc.

The problem for the loser bracket teams is pitching depth, given that LL has strict rules on pitch count, days rest, etc. That NY team is strong....I think they will meet Hawaii in the US final. Too steep a slope for POLL.

7. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

TX loses to GA in extra innings and heads back to Houston....what a great run for these kids!

• Like Like x 1