Popped collar phenomenon

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by Hornin Hong Kong, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Hornin Hong Kong

Hornin Hong Kong 1,000+ Posts

Popped collars are like cicadas - they like come every few years, nobody knows why, they are annoying then they are gone.

I also think like the wave, the trend moves fro area to are and then returns.

it's in fashion in HK and there are several douches I know who think it's great, especially combined with the large Polo logo shirts.

[​IMG]
    The Link

[​IMG]
    The Link
    The Link
    The Link

2. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

I'll wear a "popped" collar, but only with a Fiji or South Africa rugby jersey

3. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

Is there anything about this picture that doesn't make you want to kick these guys in the taint?

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

They look like frat boys so no, there is nothing that stops feelings like you mention in that spot and many others.

5. Stuck_At_Work

Stuck_At_Work 1,000+ Posts

My dad (who is 60+ years old) pops his collar when it is sunny outside. He said that is why shirts have collars. I'm not sure that is the true origin of the collar, but I do admit, if the sun is beating down on my neck, it sure works well.

6. RoundRobin

RoundRobin 100+ Posts

Please inform your dad that he is a douche.

7. vtaenz

vtaenz 500+ Posts

Go watch the mighty ducks. The "evil" coach pops his jacket collar the entire movie. Come to think of it, he was a douche. Was he the first? Can someone do some research?

8. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

In the 90s this was popular for golfers playing in the sun who wanted some protection for the back of their necks.

9. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

Well obviously dress shirts have collars so that you can cover your tie....

10. Texas Wahoo

Texas Wahoo 1,000+ Posts

Go to Charlottesville, VA or Georgetown in DC - you've never seen so many popped collars.

11. Math Mudrat

Math Mudrat 250+ Posts

Yall think this is a ******* joke, but come to Long Island. These douche ******* wear nothing but popped collars. I would bet that Long Island has the most douches per capita of anywhere in the world. [​IMG]

12. nycLonghorn

nycLonghorn Guest

13. rustjs1

rustjs1 100+ Posts

14. midtown

midtown 1,000+ Posts

The B&T crowd is always number one on douche.

15. TexonLongIsland

16. Beef

Beef 100+ Posts

I saw a guy working at Mcdonald's in the SMU area with his collar popped. [​IMG]

17. nycLonghorn

nycLonghorn Guest

18. Math Mudrat

Math Mudrat 250+ Posts

I live on the North Shore and got one on the back of my pickup...but I am rarely on the LIE.

19. FondrenRoad

FondrenRoad 1,000+ Posts

20. TexonLongIsland

Nope, I'm the Long Island douche [​IMG] with a white Bevo sticker over a Dartmouth sticker on the back window.

It's always great when someone flips a hook'em up here though. [​IMG]

21. nycLonghorn

nycLonghorn Guest

Next time I see one of yall on the road on the island I'll flash you the hookem.

I'll be the DB wearing the sideways longhorn cap, double popped collars, Gucci sunglasses (only after 8 pm), and Folex Presidente. And as I speed past you in my 328i convertible, Ill quickly change my hook em' to a sideways peace sign.

22. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

wow. such tolerance. they don't look like any "frat guys" that i know

Try college station or lubbock and you will find them.

23. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

i'm actually surprised the popped collar phenomenon survived this film...
    The Link

24. DCA_HORN

DCA_HORN 500+ Posts

I'm not sure how this hasn't entered the conversation yet.

Link

25. theropods

theropods 250+ Posts

I didn't realize there were this many of us on Strong Island. I just moved from there after 2 1/2 long years and the douchebag quotient is without a doubt obscenely high. Think Jersey without the industrial wasteland.

26. Math Mudrat

Math Mudrat 250+ Posts

About half an hour ago I was behind a Titan pickup with the silver Horns on the back...it was on 25A near Stony Brook. Anyone?

27. halsteadfrost

halsteadfrost 1,000+ Posts

28. TXBabe97

TXBabe97 250+ Posts

I'm a girl, and those guys make me want to either kick their ***, or join a convent.

29. smwhorn

smwhorn Guest

I will do it on very rare occassions when I need the collar to serve its intented purpose and prevent the back of my neck from getting scorched (on a fishing boat, for instance). Guys who do it as a fashion statement should have their man cards permanently yanked.

30. MirrOlure

MirrOlure 500+ Posts

William Zabka is laughing at all of you......and he will soon beat you up and steal your girlfrieds.......all while wearing a popped collar (or two).