Pork tenderloin recipe?

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by J.R.69, Nov 23, 2010.

1. J.R.69

J.R.69 250+ Posts

I was planning to smoke a pork tenderloin for Thanksgiving and wondered if anyone had any good recipes?

I have heard of a recipe that included marinating the tenderloin in a mixture containing pineapple, which sounds good. Anyone have this, or something similar?

Thanks.

2. J.R.69

J.R.69 250+ Posts

Hmmm....guess not.

3. BigboyDan

BigboyDan 25+ Posts

You can smoke this recipe as well, just watch over the internal temperature of the meat. And, you can use pineapple instead of orange. I cook this for Thanksgiving for those who do not want turkey:

Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes

Ingredients:

1 5lb. tenderloin
    sprinkle salt and pepper over the meat 20 minutes before cooking

Glaze
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/4 cup onion in small dice
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
    1/3 cup orange juice concentrate
    1/3 cup light corn syrup
    1 tablespoon cider vinegar, or white vinegar
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    dash pepper

Preparation:

Heat oven to 375°.

Place loin in a roasting pan. Roast for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers about 145° to 150° F. Remove meat from oven and set aside covered in aluminum foil, meat will continue to rise to around 160 degrees.

Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add diced onion and garlic; sauté until tender. Add remaining glaze ingredients, increase heat, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.

Spoon about half of the glaze over the pork tenderloin, cover meat in aluminum foil. Let the pork rest for 10 minutes, then slice. Drizzle sliced pork tenderloin with remaining sauce. Serve.

4. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

as infrequently as we have pork tenderloin & for as good as they are we just get a pre-marinated store bought one. Just good & too easy

5. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

I like to use the cheapie Fiesta Steak seasoning on them and then grill em.. The trick to a good pork tenderloin is to watch the temp-- you don't want it to cook over about 150 in the middle or it will dry out. When I cook them I usually give it four minutes per side (four sides) and it's done . Pork can be pink-- it just needs to be over 140 degrees.

6. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

From Son of a Son of a Sailor

bacon wrapped pork TENDERLOIN dusted with Texas Spice Rub, and Mandarin Habanero Pepper Jelly

I usually take the loin and rub it down with the rub, then I wrap it in the bacon and apply more rub. It usually doesn't take more than a couple of hours. I start brushing them with the pepper jelly after an hour and just continue to glaze it off and on until done. I usually cook to an internal temp of 140-145 and then rest them for 15-20 minutes before removing the toothpicks and slicing.

-----

The recipe turned out great. I thought the bacon was unnecessary, though. And I used the rub and added the mandarin/habanero as a glaze before putting the loin on the smoker.

7. Mobyhorn

Mobyhorn 250+ Posts

Back off the time near the end. Tenderloins tend to dry out and overcook.

8. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke 500+ Posts

9. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

Nope it is a tenderloin. Thing is, I usually make them when I am loading up the pit with briskets and butts, so the tenderloin gets tossed on the coolest part of the pit.

10. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke 500+ Posts

Agh, gotcha. My misunderstoodness. Carry on sailor!

[​IMG]

11. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

You people cook your pork tenderloin WAAAAYYY too much. Like, when you have really tender juicy loin/tenderloin at restaurants, it's because they cook to about 130-135 and then rest up to 140-145.

It's SO much better. Ever since I learned about proper cooking temp for this protein, my results have been consistently allsome.

12. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

13. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

When you pull it from the heat, there is residual heat within the meat. Usually, 20-30 minutes of rest off of the heat will result in a final temperature about 10-15 degrees warmer than when you pulled it.

14. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

15. HORNINTHEUSA

HORNINTHEUSA 25+ Posts

I had some over the Holidays where he ran a rod from one end to the other and stuffed it with a greasy pork sausage link and grilled it. It was damn juciy and delicious.

16. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

^
    ^
    I stuff mine with boudin. Then, pour some crawfish etouffee over it as a sauce. It's a killer dish.