Possible coaching changes

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by easy, Nov 27, 2019.

1. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 1
  2. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

3. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like a major house cleaning.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Boutros Boutros-Ghali! (And in a good way.)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

The Purge

• Like Like x 1
  6. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Glad Beck is gone. Need to look up the Clemson OC.

7. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Yep.
    Beck was never a good hire.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

when the AD has to force the call to fire assistants, and when there are mass firings, you might as well fire the HC as well.

We have seen this movie before. It doesn't get better.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  9. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

You might be right but I have to say that I have tremendous confidence in CDC. This guy seems obsessed with bringing Texas back to the top, and not only in football. So I believe he has a plan, and perhaps based on what happens in 2020, that plan might not include TH.

Some head coaches are simply excellent CEOs. We may be getting ready to see if that applies to Herman.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Did you listen to the presser Beck and Orlando had ?
    Beck was full of the 'youth' excuse. Seems like he and Herman have to have RS Jrs and Srs to run their offense. I say that **** happens when you don't play anyone but starters in games 99% of the time.
    Orlando talked a lot about opposing coaches using dynamic offenses and mixing things up etc......Nobody asked him if he passed that idea on to Herman and Beck..You know, the idea of being dynamic and changing things up so the defense doesn't know what the **** to expect !!! He also threw the youth excuse around a little bit too.

11. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Just the 4th and short calls alone should get Beck fired. It's like when a play has consistently failed over and over, run something else. Saw the same thing at OU with the Bell Dozer. At first it was unstoppable, but once teams knew it was coming every time, it was pretty easy to stop. Same thing happened here, yet TB never adjusted. Just put Sam under center and run QB sneak. Use the strength in his legs to an advantage.

12. everette

everette 250+ Posts

I want to keep TH, but wouldn't it be a riot if we stole Mack Brown from NC a second time.

• Disagree x 4
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • WTF? x 1
    • poop x 1
  13. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

And Greg Davis too — we’re getting the band back together guys!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  14. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

If beck is indeed gone, it may be hard to hold Bijan. Beck was his lead recruiter.

• poop poop x 1
  15. HORNSFAN214

HORNSFAN214 < 25 Posts

Th not going anywere

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. YearOfTheSteer

YearOfTheSteer 500+ Posts

Actually, based on quotes from Bijan, it was Stan Drayton...gotta keep Stan for this reason alone.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

Winning games is the "best" recruiter! If you win, they will come!

I'd much rather have 2-3 Star players and a 5-Star coach, than 5-Star players and a 2-3 Star Coach. Texas has had great recruiting classes forever! It's time to coach them up!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  18. BillyDeeHorn

BillyDeeHorn < 25 Posts

This is my first comment here and first day on this board so please bear with me while I go through my learning period. Had posted at SH but was banned for posting saying I thought Beck should go, Orlando should go, and if Tom didn't cut them then he could go too! Well I guess someone with pull didn't like my comment and rather than scold me or give me time out they just banned me! I felt like that was totally unfair. I thought we had the right to express our real feelings about the program but guess I was wrong. Doesn't matter that's all behind me. I came here to keep up with the news and looks to me like this is a good board for current news. I wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving!

• Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

• Like Like x 2
  20. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Well i guess whoever leaked the original info on 247 may have been right after all I guess that’s why they kicked him.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

That's really funny because I've been over there and they have a fire TH thread a fire TO thread and a fire TN thread. I sure wouldn't let it bother me though about not being able to post there. Seems like a lot of kids posting to me.

• Like Like x 3
  22. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Well then you want Gary Patterson so we can go 10-2 every once in a while with our 2s and 3s and get driven by someone who has a good coach but 4s and 5s. BTW, the 5 star coach (Urban Meyer/Nick Saban/etc) aren't coming to Texas because they want to win titles (national) and conference titles, and know they're not getting a lot of either with 2s and 3s....and whatever bs is required by the Texas administration and the BMD's doesn't help either. Mack had them in the palm of his hand for a while and managed 1 natty and 2 conference titles. Get used to winning a lot of games with the likes of Tom Herman but getting beaten by OU when it matters. Yes, I'm ticked off!Happy Thanksgiving!

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

The way things are going around here, I would kill to go 10-2 "every once in awhile!"

24. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

25. HORNSFAN214

HORNSFAN214 < 25 Posts

That's Deftly what it sounds like over there

26. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

I can't believe people still fall for this stuff... CDC gave TH an extension 10 months ago, if he fires TH then he looks like an idiot. Please stop reposting this aggylike stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I'm going to speculate for a moment.

CDC was serious when he said he didn't want a revolving door of coaches. I'm okay with that if we can do what LSU has done, surround a dumbass coach with elite recruiters. Ogeron is not a great coach, but he has a Great DC and OC and they make him look like Jimmy Johnson. Looking at our current makeup of coaches Here is what I think will happen based on what has already been posted.

1. Beck is gone - OC at Clemson, OC at LSU, Graham Harrell all strong possibilities here.
    2. Wareheim is gone - Not sure who should replace him.
    3. Mehringer is gone - He will be replaced by Samples

Defensive side
    1. I think Orlando is 50/50 on coming back, but my money is he is coming back. I think it is also possible that Orlando gets demoted to just linebacker coach and there is a hire of one who is both DC and position coach at say Dline or DB.
    2. I think Navair is gone. Short list of replacements is DB coach at Georgia, DB coach at LSU, or Huff gets his shot.
    3. I think it is possible that we get only one DB coach and bring in a second dline coach to help Giles out with recruiting.
    4. I think Giles is safe this year, we have too many dline recruits we need to keep. If indeed Giles is fired, I think his replacement will be the new DC. I have no idea who that would be. DC at Georgia, or maybe Aranda would be good possibilities.

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Anybody hearing anything out there?

• Like Like x 1
  29. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Same ol spill all the boards saying the same thing. They probably know just can’t say anything yet or get their access taken away.

30. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Players report back at 8p tonight. Herman meeting with coaches before that and will make any changes during those meetings today before the players meeting. According to everyone's favorite- dipchip brown.

Sources: Herman could replace both coordinators if he chooses