Possibly the most ridiculous thing ever-

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Orangeyman, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Orangeyman

Orangeyman 100+ Posts

I know, "the most ridiculous thing ever" is becoming painfully difficult to achieve. However, take a look at this:
    whiteness
    Apparently, deferred gratification, hard work and Individualism. Until now, I was not aware that all of my friends who are jewish, Indian, African American, Asian, etc., are all white. And, I take exception to the "bland food" as part of the characteristics. The "scholars" putting this together apparently didn't account for White Texans and others.

Whiteness

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

People can and do say anything no matter how absurd and get a pass from media and lefitists

3. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Taxpayer money. I do not think they realize they are hurting their cause with their racist views.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Like I said in the other thread that mentioned this, they are echoing the alt-Right. They're just too stupid to realize it.

And this nonsense irks me to no end, "we believe that any productive conversation on race must start with honesty, respect for others, and an openness to ideas and information that provide new perspectives."

When we hear the Left say they want an open and honest dialogue or conversation on race, what they actually mean is that they want a one-way lecture in which anyone who disagrees with them (white or black) is told to shut up, listen, and obey. Just look at their rhetorical arguments and tactics. They are almost entirely designed to restrict what others say and avoid their own positions being evaluated on the merits - saying that certain topics can't be raised, that certain statistics must be ignored or disregarded, that selected anecdotes are paramount and determinative, and of course, that if you're white, your perspective has no value, and that if you're a black person who disagrees, you're a traitor. If you rely on those kinds of arguments, openness, honesty, and productive conversation are the last things you want.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Deez, it is not surprising at all that white racists and black racists see the subject of race as the same.

Just the idea that black people can't have a good life unless white people give them things is racist. The base assumption is that whites are more capable than blacks.

They aren't. That is why I believe that freedom, equal treatment under the law, and personal responsibility is all it takes for a black person to be successful in the US. I know that because I have seen so many examples in my life.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Well said Monahorns. I hired mostly black men & worked with them for 14 years and the good employees took on personal responsibility, the others didn’t. That separates success and lack there of regardless of race. The left robs Black people of personal responsibility through welfare, abortion, paying more welfare for dependents. Paying them not to work. Leftist democrats voted for slavery and Jim Crow laws decades ago.

7. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

The key words - and the key for every person who wants to succeed at anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Personal responsibility, accountability and actually EARNING what you receive. I would like to see 1 person in this country who has ever failed who actually prioritized those 3 things regardless of race. And regardless of even being able to speak English.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

^Well said. And we might add one more word to the set - "persistence." Success may not come on the first try - and if you give up at the first failed attempt, you have lost. You have to try again - and again - and again. You're defeated when you stop trying. Just think - where would be be if the guy who invented WD-40 had give up after the first 39 failures!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

This is huge. My guess is that a lot of businesses don’t actually fail but the owners give up on it too soon because it is so hard and often discouraging. If you have a decent business model and can just plow through the tough times you have a good chance of success.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

If you don't take on an angel investor or VC money. That is true. If you do, then you have to fight them in court for 2 years and start another entity. But I did that and never gave up. I have my new entity a year now and I started up another company last month. I'm like a damn Pez dispenser for new businesses. But I won't give in.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The longer this goes on, the more I'm starting to think that it isn't really white and black racists fighting but two different kinds of white racists - alt-Right white supremacists and elite, patronizing Marxist whites with a savior complex.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Deez, it is almost like the Republican and Democrat parties of the 1850s. We haven't really progressed very far after all.

14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I think the division is deeper now. In the 1850s, there was strong disagreement on slavery and some economic issues. However, there was pretty broad agreement that Western values and culture were generally good. We generally agreed on what a family was and what the difference between a boy and a girl was. We agreed that there were two genders and that they corresponded to one's sex. Someone from the 1850s would be horrified that fight over crap like that now.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Plenty of obligatory bashing of Trump and conservatives but otherwise a good article criticising the idiotic "anti-racism" racket, especially as it's preached by Robin DiAngelo, the priestess of the self-righteous woke Left. Honestly I'm surprised to see it in New York Magazine. Chait could get himself Bari Weissed.