Post a useless factoid about yourself

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by Ramathorn, Oct 29, 2008.

1. blkshoes

blkshoes 100+ Posts

i have never broken a bone or had a cavity

2. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

Me neither.

I rank my friends. Kind of like an espn type poll and occasionally, I let them know their status. Like "you were #6 last week, but you're in jeopardy of dropping out of the poll."

3. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Sometimes I sleep late on Saturday.

4. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

I once had to take Stevie Ray Vaughan to the dentist on a Sunday morning in Houston after he slipped on a wet street pushing a VW that was out of gas and face planted the rear bumper that cracked his front tooth.

Oh and tall people don't live as long as short people.
    Think about it......how many real old, real tall people have you ever seen.

5. CottonEyedHorn

CottonEyedHorn 1,000+ Posts

I went to a really small high school and played on the basketball team. We only had one good player and it wasn't me. We played a prep team and lost 110 - 32. I never played organized b-ball again.

6. wolfman

wolfman 1,000+ Posts

I once grabbed the tail of a SR-71 Blackbird.

7. Vince4Heisman

Vince4Heisman 250+ Posts

I hit 4 HR's in a row during one game in college....hit 6 for the 3 game weekend

8. ptownhorn

ptownhorn 1,000+ Posts

9. WorsterMan

I once hiked in a very remote area of the Upper Pennisula of Michigan.

10. AFhorn82

AFhorn82 100+ Posts

I once valeted Rick Barnes' SUV. I was brand new to valeting and didn't know that BMWs have a small button in the center console to unlock the doors. I pulled up and sat parled in front of Coach Barnes for a couple of minutes while I frantically looked for the button until he signaled to roll down the window and told me where it was. He still tipped me five bucks.

11. Shockorama

Shockorama 25+ Posts

I was a blue chip recruit...for drumming...and didn't take the free ride. Biggest regret of my life.

12. That's Right

That's Right 500+ Posts

13. Remove Rowdy

Remove Rowdy 100+ Posts

Very similar to a previous poster. My birthday is 7/7/77. I am not very lucky, but have lived a good life.

I am left handed and wear my watch on my right hand.

14. UTFanFromAZ

UTFanFromAZ 250+ Posts

realized this is probably going to get banned, but the story was too funny NOT to put up.

15. WorsterMan

My Dad was born in Waco and my Mother in Bowie.

16. Beer Drinker

Beer Drinker < 25 Posts

My grandfather, grandmother, mom, dad, sister, uncle, aunt, 2 cousins, 2 cousin-in-laws (I guess there is such a thing), and I graduated from UT Austin.

17. BillyW

BillyW 500+ Posts

I was once robbed at gunpoint and they stuck me in the trunk of my car and drove around all day charging stuff on my credit cards. Let me out in the middle of a bad neighborhood in Houston at 9 pm

18. SomeMildLanguage

SomeMildLanguage 500+ Posts

I can catch things in mid-air, sort of like Spiderman, when they're falling from a shelf or whatever. It's pretty amazing, actually.

19. SunBurntOrange

SunBurntOrange 500+ Posts

I once knocked Morgan Fairchild flat on her *** at DFW airport. She is a tiny woman.

20. WorsterMan

In 1982 I got on a elevator with Morgan Fairchild at the Mansion in Dallas. She is a petite thing and one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen in person. I am still in love.... [​IMG]

21. Sooner-Tuf

Sooner-Tuf 1,000+ Posts

22. That's Right

That's Right 500+ Posts

This was something that was just kind of cool that happened. Growing up in Windermere my next door neighbor was a kid named Otis. His mom Ricky D worked at my mom's school, and Otie as we called him, was a good friend of mine, until we moved when i was like 6 or 7. We moved to another part of the same city, but after 8th grade I had zero contact with him at all. Last I'd heard he had moved to michigan so I never saw him in HS. The last time I had seen him was at one of his 8th grade football games.
    Well, I was at home watching the Notre Dame Michigan State game 2 seasons ago when I heard, "And Otis Wiley with the tackle!". Sure enough, #21 for MSU was a dude named Otis Wiley.
    Well, this prompted me to get on myspace for the first time and see if he was on there. Sure enough, talked to him the next day, and he's a RS senior now I believe, still playing for MSU. That was just cool to meet up with my old next door neighbor after seeing him on national TV.

23. Austintxusa

Austintxusa 2,500+ Posts

I have seen LBJ, Jimmy Carter, George W. Bush, Col. Muammar Al-Gaddafi, Idi Amin and had drinks with the former interim president of Syria, when he was the Foreign Minister, just he and I. Oh, and my ex-sister-in-law was in Playboy, several times. Most importantly, I have hung out with Earl Campbell and his roommate Alfred Jackson.

24. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

In 1985 I got my picture in the Austin American Statesman, and was interviewed, when I attended Prince's Purple Rain concert at the Erwin Center. I was decked out in a one of a kind t-shirt with Marilyn Monroe's face painted on it, with a black tie and a red tux jacket with black lapels...also black out shades. My buddy I went with decided to don some makeup, for some unknown reason. When his wife saw his picture in the paper she went ballistic on him for getting into her goodies. I was thirty at the time and he was thirty-four.

[​IMG]

25. GreenDragonSix

GreenDragonSix 100+ Posts

When it gets cold outside my nipples get hard to the point they make me wince...and I got Wallace Shawn's autograph 3 weks ago in the El Paso airport

26. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

News 8 Austin interviewed me when we beat Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

Dan Rather said he was proud of me the day I graduated.

27. ferrariparty

ferrariparty 250+ Posts

I know who won and lost every Super Bowl and who won MVP in each Super Bowl. Sad I know.

28. SunBurntOrange

SunBurntOrange 500+ Posts

29. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

My farts rarely stink.

30. A. BETTIK

A. BETTIK 1,000+ Posts

I discovered that Merl Haggard's Rainbow Stew was not recorded at a live concert... They did a poor job sampling the cheering audience as you can hear the same faint whistle repeat every 5-10 seconds.