Post a useless factoid about yourself

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by Ramathorn, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

You know that Tiny Dancer song? I thought it was "hold me close I'm tired of dancing."

2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

When Purple Haze was first released, as a young teen, I thought Jimi Hendrix was singing "excuse me while I kiss this guy". I thought it kind of strange because he was not gay, but I thought it was just part of a drug induced song or something... later, I was "corrected" about the actual lyrics.

3. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I have six fingers on my right hand.

4. jadubya

jadubya 25+ Posts

As a youngster, I mistakenly heard those classic Eagles lines of "life in the fast lane"..........as "flyin the bat plane".

Sang it like that for quite some time....... [​IMG]

5. CottonEyedHorn

CottonEyedHorn 1,000+ Posts

6. Bevoette

Bevoette 1,000+ Posts

when growing up I was a tomboy played sports and such so my brother and his friends taught me how to swallow/suck in air and burp. it's quite a talent [​IMG]

7. utmck

utmck 500+ Posts

I ran into Billy Gibbons in a bar in Scottsdale.

[​IMG]

8. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

I don't tie my loaf of bread back when I open it. I just fold the excessive plastic back under.

9. TornJock

TornJock 100+ Posts

I just had a bit part in tonight's episode of "Friday Night Lights". I got to toss Coach Taylor (played by Kyle Chandler)out of a playoff game.

It was much fun. [​IMG]

10. Bevoette

Bevoette 1,000+ Posts

back in 1985 I was workng in the mens dept. at Bealls in North Cross Mall and I sold Bob Saget a neck tie. he wore it on a Rodney Dangerfield Special.

11. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I'll give u a useless factoid:

Animals at our house include:

1 Jack Russell Terrier - Rascal
    4 various cats - Tiger, Milo, George & Lulu
    1 Hedgehog - Sonic
    Some fish in a tank, all without names
    1 husband - WorsterMan

12. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

I assume people who wear glasses are smart.

13. AustinTejasFan

AustinTejasFan 1,000+ Posts

I recently got my hair cut for the first time in 4 years. I donated the resulting 18 inch braid to Locks of Love. I'm a 58 year old man.

14. accuratehorn

I was almost killed by a fish. This was about 40 years ago.
    I was surfing in Galveston, and just sitting up on the surfboard out by the end of a jetty one day, when a jumping fish slammed into the side of my face. This was a fish that weighed a few pounds, and felt like someone punched me with a heavyweight jab, and I felt slightly woozy. I realized I almost was knocked cold, and since I was out in the muddy Gulf of Mexico, that wouldn't have been a good place to get knocked out, and an inelegant way to go down for the count, although somewhat out of the ordinary.

15. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

tejas, noble of you to donate, you could've sold it for some real cash allegedly.

accurate, what kind of fish?

16. AUinAustin

AUinAustin 250+ Posts

I faked out a shark while surfing off Daytona. I was out on a sand bar and hopped onto my raft. A couple of seconds later I notice a dorsal and tail fin circling my raft at about one foot. The shark was probably going to snack on my leg when I hopped on the raft. It was about an eight foot black tip based on what i saw. I will never forget looking towards shore and seeing my grandfather staring at the situation. I think I set a world record in getting to shore but somebody called the ambulance and everyone else. There was a lot of sirens showing up and lifeguards getting everyone out of the water with bullhorns. Some idiot came up and told me it was a dolphin. I told him he was free to go swimming if he wanted to. And all this was before Jaws..

17. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

Darrel Royal called me a man one night at Memorial Stadium. He was walking to his burnt orange Cadillac from Belmont and looked at me and a friend and said, "How are you men, tonight?"

It was my rite of passage. Thanks Coach Royal!

18. Superfan

Superfan 250+ Posts

I own and can accurately shoot a Springfield M1A Scout.

19. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

I'm going to die in December of 2012.

20. dognduckhorn

dognduckhorn 500+ Posts

I always top off the tank at an even quarter on the price

21. Homesickhorn

Homesickhorn 100+ Posts

22. bandrew

bandrew 25+ Posts

Not only was I a district champion high jumper, I was an all-district (2nd Team) offensive guard. This was in Houston 5A in 97. I have yet to meet anyone who can claim the same feat!

Do you think I can throw this football over them mountains???

23. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

I won the Geography Awareness Poster Contest for the state of Texas when I was in 8th grade. Suck it.

24. I am 54 and just recently started taking a leak in the shower. Also, I already have hotel reservations for the Tech game this year.

25. accuratehorn

I think the fish that hit me was a mullet, if that is a real species.
    I also had a scary encounter with what I thought was a shark. Again, sitting pretty far out in the water, waiting for a wave, and two large fins come up out of the water, a few feet apart. Scared me silly-I jumped up and tried to keep my feet balanced out of the water, and remove my heart from my throat, when they came up again-I was able to see they were two dolphins that time.

26. I Am Texas

I Am Texas 100+ Posts

I fell out of the back of a truck and landed on my head. Knocked me out but no lingering effects.
    I fell out of the back of a truck and landed on my head. Knocked me out but no lingering effects.

27. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

I played cards with John Ireland, LA tv announcer. Played in Vegas. I dominated him.

28. A. BETTIK

A. BETTIK 1,000+ Posts

fasteddieisahorndog,

Since pop stars champion the truth, Madonna says you can absorb vitamins peeing in the shower. Aim for your feet.

29. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

My grandfather invented the cobb salad.

ok, that's a lie.

30. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

In high school, I assaulted the opposing teams basketball coach.

With no time left on the clock, I was at the free throw line and could have won the game but I missed. While walking back to the bench before overtime - he whispered to me, "choke".
    The refs and my coach had to pry me off of him.
    He was 6'8 - I'm 5'8 [​IMG]