Post deleted by Sangre Naranjada

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by wallball42, Dec 27, 2007.

1. wallball42

wallball42 < 25 Posts

2. longhrnfan

longhrnfan 500+ Posts

i have the same number 1.

3. Bevoette

Bevoette 1,000+ Posts

The Posada & Ortiz - Betrayal one makes me laugh everytime I see it.

I laugh at this one as well..

The Link

4. lowery21

lowery21 250+ Posts

"Steiner come on out and get your whoop'n" is my favorite, followed by Roger with the grapefruit and the juggs machine.

5. mdmost

mdmost 100+ Posts

6. CleverNickname

CleverNickname 500+ Posts

+1 on the y2k one.

Follow me, follow me to freedom!

7. TXHornsWHAAT

TXHornsWHAAT 25+ Posts

Funny this thread should come up. Last night I watched about 30 of these on Youtube. They ran a show not too long ago called "This is Sportscenter" that featured most of their commercials from over the years.

My favorites that aren't posted

Tiger

Perfect Show

Steve Irwin

8. capnamerca

capnamerca 500+ Posts

Perfect Show is still my favorite ... watching the camera and makeup guts just completely ignore him during a commercial break slays me ...

9. PhatAtUT

PhatAtUT 100+ Posts

10. Mrmyke709

Mrmyke709 1,000+ Posts

One of my favorites, if not a Sportscenter, was the ESPN commercial asking baseball fans to come back after the original strike back in the Nineties.
    The voice-over says something like, "C'mon..you know you still love us"..then John Kruk makes kissy-face with his big ugly mug and a jaw full of chew. Good stuff.
    Still pissed at them, though, Griffey was on a tear that year and would have broken the single season record. [​IMG]

11. tex-horn

tex-horn 100+ Posts

12. kangsta

kangsta 500+ Posts

great thread

13. theropods

theropods 250+ Posts

The Link
    The Link

I can't find my favorite. It had the equipment manager for Ohio State handing out buckeye stickers on the helmet for big plays. He then went crazy and started handing them out for all sorts of things, sticking them on peoples heads.

14. tx 3 putt

tx 3 putt 100+ Posts

15. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

My favorite is an old one with Kilborn and this kid doing an internship. At the end Kilborn gives him career advice. "Two words: Pizza Delivery".

I love that one.

16. Bytor

Bytor 100+ Posts

#1 must be Taco Meat. Someone please link it for me, thx.

17. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Well, since we still have dialup at home, and I can't watch youtube at work lest I lose my job, I can't look to see if my favorites are on youtube. But I loved the ads for ESPN's college basketball coverage that featured Robert Goulet. They'd show some little bits of footage of Dick Vitale and Goulet would be singing, then he'd say, "If you're not watching ESPN's college basketball coverage, you don't know dick."

18. TexasTower

TexasTower 500+ Posts

I can't find it but the ESPN company picnic is great. The one where the olympic swimmer losses their gold medal in the poker game.

Otherwise... follow me to freedom kills.

19. HornsN04

HornsN04 500+ Posts

20. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

While it is not an ESPN commercial it was on during the golden years of ESPN (Olberman and Kilborn era). It is the one with Charles Barkley, Humpty Hump and the San Diego Chicken.

Stupid NBA Nicknames...enjoy.
    The Link

21. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

22. Tim & Omar's Apt

Tim & Omar's Apt 100+ Posts

23. Viper Daimao

Viper Daimao 100+ Posts

TheFied, l00p - don't forget the sequel to that commercialThe Link

24. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

This thread is awesome but yet it makes a me cry, like pretzels make a me thirsty. ESPN used to be soooo good. Now it is teh suck.

25. Idahorn2

Idahorn2 250+ Posts

My favorite is Steve Irwin and the Florida Gator. Also loved the Tiger Woods' series (not for ESPN) with his talking head cover. Paired with Tiger, Charles Barkley hits his ball into the water and the tiger head cover says "Cleanup in aisle six."

26. Hookem2034

Hookem2034 25+ Posts

I think there were a couple of others in this series, which I could not find. Man do I miss this guy...may he RIP.

Link

27. IowaHorn

IowaHorn 25+ Posts

28. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa 500+ Posts

29. numbereleven

numbereleven 250+ Posts

30. lowery21

lowery21 250+ Posts