Post Left Wing looniness here

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Facing Addiction

Facing Addiction 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  2. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Cis and Trans are latin for same and other/different/across.

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  5. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Speakers who speak against wokeism need to carry a gun and have others around them with guns. Then use them if they are attacked by a mob. Then make sure you get political cover for self defense. If not, you will get beaten, killed, or arrested by a Soros backed DA.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Nobody disputes the etymology, but they have nothing to do with normal people.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Not saying it did. Just saying the two prefixes predate organic chemistry. Julius Caesar used them in his memoirs.

8. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Appreciate that observation. I first got them in Organic Chem.

9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mona
    I like your idea but there is no way to ensure you have political cover for self defense.A Fort Hood soldier was just convicted of murder in Austin for defending himself from BLM Antifa thugs during a George Floyd riot in downtown Austin.

10. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Me too.

11. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Yeah. I just saw that.

Abbott needs to prove me wrong for voting for someone else in the primary by pardoning him and going after DA Garza.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I se Paxton has come out blasting the Soros DA. Hopefully Abbott will do the right thing.
    Damn much of the citizenry of Austin is whacked

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

In countries that have failed police and prosecutors who don't believe in the rule of law, political parties and interests have paramilitary forces that provide security. Horrific abuses often happen, but they become a necessity in particularly lawless places.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Governor cannot unilaterally pardon and the Board of Pardons and Paroles won't see an application until appeals are exhausted.

And, in light of the affidavit from one of the officers, there is still a remote chance of the MNT being granted before an appeal to the 3rdCoA even occurs...

Remember also that sentencing has not even occurred yet. That being said, I believe juries lost the ability to recommend probation prior to 2020...I would have to go to the bookshelves to confirm...

15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I heard Abbott said he is working as fast as Texas law allows to pardon that soldier. :clap:

16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Adam Loewy is a very sharp guy, and he analyzed the case in an interview. I agree with his assessment. If you're going to claim self-defense, you need to testify in court if there is even a remote chance that the jury could believe a different story. Another thing that I used to tell clients back when I was doing God's Work, do not say anything on social media that you wouldn't want on the front page of the New York Times. (In other words, say nothing of any controversy at all.) Stupid **** that you say online can very easily come back to bite you on the *** if you ever go to court for anything.

17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

A Travis County judge isn't going to grant a MNT, and the Third Court isn't going to overturn a conviction on a case like this. There was a time when it might have. No chance in hell of it doing it now. He will need the Court of Criminal Appeals to bail him out.

By the way, Darlene Byrne has aged 30 years since I last appeared in her court back in 2010. Wow.

18. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Hence my use of remote...they are always a low success rate, even in the best of jurisdictions, but they do occur on rare occasion.

I agree that 3rdCoA is useless.

I just hope counsel developed a good record at trial.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

here is Gov. Abbott's tweet on pardon

• Like Like x 1
  20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I like how how all the libs ignore the fact that antifa can apparently point guns at people without impunity. WTF???

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Why do you like that?

:coolnana:

• Funny Funny x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• poop poop x 1
  25. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Even Abbott said that there is no basis in Texas law for declaring him guilty. Abbott like always is slow playing things. That doesn't mean he isn't helping.

26. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

The point is that Leftists don't have to be so careful. They get off for much more all the time. Conservatives have to protect people acting out of self defense regardless of the left wing arguments against them. Accepting left wing arguments is a form of bias against good people and should be rejected.

27. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's amazing how they're making a shooting if innocent children about people who share the identity and address sympathetic to the shooter. It's as if we decided after the Dylan Roof shooting that the real people who need protection were KKK members "under attack."

29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I agree totally, especially in post-Ferguson major cities. However, if you're a lawyer representing a client, you have to work with what you have in terms of the witnesses, the evidence, and the venue (and therefore the leanings of the judge and jury). In Travis County, that means most of the jurors believe left wing arguments, and you have to work with them.

And to be clear, when a to defendant claims self-defense, he has the burden to back it up with evidence. That could just be his testimony, but it can't be nothing. It worked for Kyle Rittenhouse.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
  30. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

The left has started a new tactic that’s going largely unreported. They are now trying to build the case to impeach Clarence Thomas. I suspect Kavanaugh won’t be far behind. Weaponization of the government is getting very dangerous.

• Agree Agree x 5