Post Left Wing looniness here

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Yet if you stand on the lawn of the Capital while others break in you can spend over 7 weeks in solitary confinement. Eastern Bloc stuff here

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

Not looniness just corrupt

Though Nancy Pelosi herself doesn't trade stocks, her husband does. And that's enough for some social traders, who see his trades as hers. "We've been tracking their performance and every single stock she has bought in the last two years has gone up significantly," Christopher Josephs, cofounder of Iris, told Yahoo Finance Live.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  3. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Liberals are stoooooopid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Why do they lie?

• poop poop x 1
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

What are they stupid?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Apparently no one is smart enough to qualify for the program so yeah.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  10. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

We need to distinguish between protesters and threats of bodily harm. Some of those videos of protesters accosting School Board members screaming "we know where you live", "you can run but you can't hide", and yes even death threats are WAAAAYYY beyond the bounds of protesting no matter what issue you are protesting (left or right). Assuming these are parents, I can only imagine the type of children those types of protesters are raising. It's certainly an abhorrent example to set for your children.

12. Horn2RunAgain

How many actually made these threats? Do you have names of these individuals?

My wife was threatened last month at one of our classes over her not wearing a mask (they're recommended at the activity center, not required). Physically threatened. I *could* have been a chickenshit and called the FBI. Instead I chose to be a man/ adult / husband and handled it on the spot.

Lose the drama, be an adult in handling situations

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

You are correct. The threats take it too far.

But I would be willing to bet there has been a fair amount threats from BLM activist ...oh wait...they even executed on their threats....and no DOJ intervention against BLM which actually has an organizational head. The others are just random pissed off parents with no organizational head and still the DOJ weighed in. Seems like a double standard to me.

Conservatives do need to do better at how we talk about this though. My sister is an "every single Sunday" Baptist and very conservative....but she is also a teacher. And many of them feel like the Public Ed system is under tremendous assault primarily from conservatives. To the point that some of them are signing up to "block vote" for whatever the organization heads point to as the "pro public ed" candidate happens to be. That tends to be a democrat. This could have impacts if the GOP doesn't nuance its messaging more. Public Ed has been the reason our country has progressed as far and as fast as we have. We have to be able to nuance our arguments as an attack of the content of Public Ed in some classrooms versus the Institution itself.

14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Wow BOSD
    That is surprising to read about your sister. What does she think conservatives want to do to education?
    The protestors at school board meetings are protesting the decisions the boards are making that affect their students, namely CRT.
    Is she for teaching CRT?

15. BrntOrngStmpeDe

no, but many teachers believe that public ed is the cornerstone of change in America and in many ways they are right. They have received much of the Charter School debate as a direct attack on what they do. Layer in CRT and they've been under the microscope for a while and largely from Conservative groups. And we have to be honest here, while many of these parents have legit beefs and there are true instances of CRT causing harm, we (conservatives) are subject to hyperbole as well. Some of these parents seize upon the most minor of actions and spin it. I know it can be a slippery slope and we want to keep the seed from being sown but we must be careful not to make unnecessary enemies out of the teaching profession. I'm admittedly the same way about the military. I try to keep an open mind but truth be told if the PD and military come under attack, my typical initial reaction is very defensive of these folks and sometimes maybe a little to tribal. teachers are the same way. They have a tribe and when you attack the tribe without nuance, you can cause the tribe to unite in an unexpected way.

16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

A compilation of STOOOOOOOOOPID folks

17. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

If teachers vote to support public education at this point they are totalitarian Maoists regardless of what they think they are.

• poop poop x 1
  18. Horn2RunAgain

My wife has been a teacher for over 20 years, her views as well as most of her friends that are teachers differs from your description above

She couldn't care less about CRT, she doesn't teach it. She dislikes the teachers associations, or any attempt to shape individual views. She's not alone there. Her biggest issue with parents are the ones who think their babies do no wrong even if the evidence proves a teacher's point. For teachers at her school the only parental problems are from parents with major issues in parenting

This year she's teaching middle school math in the Grove. Pleasant Grove. One of the worst parts of town, some of those kids are basically on their own. Every meal during the week is at school. How the F did we get to this point? It's not an educational system in DISD, it's warehousing kids. And if you bother to call parents on behavior issues it's clear the apple didn't fall far from the tree

Prior years she taught at a prep school with zero tolerance on behavior issues. The attitude of teachers there was also different than what you described

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Horn2RunAgain

Big city ISDs need a major overhaul

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

The FBI would've arrested your wife.

• Funny Funny x 2
  21. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Agree Hirn2. Have a daughter that teaches in a magnet school and she, along with her cohorts disgusted with any CRT crap. She will tell you quickly that students with serious school issues have issues at home.

22. BrntOrngStmpeDe

Not sure we are disagreeing. what I'm saying is that there are a number of teachers (to include folks that are otherwise pretty conservative) that feel like Public Ed is under attack. as a result, they are single issue voters. They have committed to "block vote" for the candidate that is most pro-PUBLIC ed. These days that tends to lean Dem. At least for my sister, it is not a vote in favor of CRT or any particular curriculum element. It is a defensive vote to protect PUBLIC ed in their opinion.

23. Horn2RunAgain

I don't see my wife as a single issue voter, tho. Her closest friend in teaching is 30 years her junior, same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Public education isn't something that needs to be protected. It needs to be abolished. Government school teaches government priorities which at this point is against anything conservative. It's against morality. It's against freedom. It's against capitalism. It's all about a Maoist takeover. Anyone who votes for that but claims to be a conservative is... fill in the blanks.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. BrntOrngStmpeDe

Couldn't disagree more. Public Ed is the thing that allowed this country to blow past so many other countries. You can certainly argue that it can be improved and it has been used to promote specific political issues, but Public Ed is a cornerstone of democracy. I grew up in a pretty poor household. I can't imagine what my life what have been like had Public Ed not been available. There is no way my mom would have been able to provide an alternative for us.

• Winner Winner x 1
  26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

California going full-retard. Link.

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  27. Vol Horn 4 Life

This should be the line in the sand for these retailers, but sadly they will go along freely. How dare a government entity tell private businesses what they must sell. It starts with gender neutral toys and progresses to not selling cokes because it will help prevent obesity. Who knows where it ends.

28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If a private company wants to virtue signal about this to try to hustle some good press, so be it. They have that right even if I think it's stupid. What's crazy is that the State of California-a state with a horrible housing problem and that can't even keep people from literally taking a dump on the sidewalk-actually thinks it's worth putting state time, resources, and attention on something so idiotic.

• Agree Agree x 4
  29. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  30. Vol Horn 4 Life

Looks to me its not their choice to decide.

• Agree Agree x 1