Post Left Wing looniness here

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Oct 15, 2020.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

2. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

56% to 44% feels somewhat close to me. Significant or dead on arrival to me means more like a 70/30 split, which coincidentally Prop A in Austin had yesterday. That's the prop to require the Austin Police Department to employ at least two police officers per 1,000 residents. (Currently, the department has about 1.6 per 1,000 residents.) Funny that folks here thought the prop had a chance to pass!

3. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

We are polarized nearly down the middle by design. The camps are entrenched so getting >60% pass on any referendum from the voters is a challenge.

I bet the challenge with Prop A was the additional taxes to get to that metric. With the inflation we're all enduring, coming out of the pandemic I can't imagine any referendums asking for higher taxes locally would be viewed positively.

In addition to the radical policing change in Minneapolis, the current mayor Jacob Frey was re-elected. He was mayor during George Floyd incident and subsequent riots. Frey (a Democrat) narrowly defeated challengers from his LEFT and advocated for a more measure approach to police reform than what was voted down.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  5. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

This is comparable to UT fans screaming for Caleb Williams. f**k around, find out. They found out.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

I did, per your recommendation. That lead me to this

Liberal Parent Trying to Figure Out How to Cheer for Son Brandon

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

We are a laughingstock:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MeatHeadHorn

MeatHeadHorn 1,000+ Posts

Somewhere around March of last year, Babylon Bee went from being a goofy little Christian satire outfit, to actually predicting the news through satire. Legends

• Like Like x 1
  11. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

this is what i expected. IMO Most minorities are upstanding citizens with what I would largely consider conservative values. They realize most cops are decent people trying to do the right most of the time. I think the most upsetting thing for most blacks is when something that looks and smells bad gets swept under the rug by the local politicians and the Police Unions in order to protect the department image and the cop. In other words, the cover up is worse than the crime. The bad police behavior can viewed thru the lense of heat of the moment and individual poor behavior, but the larger cover up is seen as a system that just doesn't care.

12. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

The really disturbing aspect of this is that 44% of the voters actually bought the load of garbage that the woke folks put out there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

The Build Back Better Act, or the Democrats’ social and environmental spending bill, includes financial incentives for state and local entities to change zoning laws, specifically those that would replace single-family homes with multi-unit properties to provide more “affordable housing.”

Those financial incentives would come in the form of tax-payer-funded grants and tax credits.

On page 815 of the 2,468-page, $1.75 trillion bill, it reads:

The Secretary of Housing and Urban Development shall establish a competitive grant program for— (1) planning grants to develop and evaluate housing policy plans and substantially improve housing strategies; (2) streamlining regulatory requirements and shorten processes, reform zoning codes, or other initiatives that reduce barriers to housing supply elasticity and affordability.

Taxpayer-funded National Public Radio (NPR) titled its report on the bill, “Democrats are seeking largest ever investment in affordable housing.”

14. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

They are going up now like wildfire everywhere. Katy by the Costco is insane and Nashville - south especially - is being overwhelmed. Don’t see how this could be good, traffic, traffic, and more traffic.

15. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Today's DMN reports Colleyville Heritage HS Principal James Whitfield has been released from his duties immediately. A summer long controversy in regards to teaching Critical Race Theory on campus led to the trustees to take action

• Like Like x 1
  16. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

By affordable housing, they really are saying “destroy home values.” Kind of like the term reproductive rights.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Yes H2 he is on paid leave until next Aug.
    Paid leave :facepalm:

18. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

August of 2023.

19. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Unfortunate. I guess he's the tom herman or Charlie strong of education.. you suck so bad, we will pay you to gtfooh

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

21. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Wait...same 538 that has botched so many elections in recent years?

Thought so. Seems they have sold out to the race-baiters.

22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

23. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

If the KU game isn't enough of a **** show, they show a commercial with the likes of CDC saying to get vaccinated.

F U!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 3
    • poop poop x 2
  25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

But this is all fake. There is no CRT in schools.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

If the left says something doesn't exist you can bet that it does. Bank on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Of course, initially the guy just bashed Jews, so he got a second chance.

29. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

She's also Muslim, which means you need to consult your diversity wheel before determining forgiveness or impeachment.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yeah, that's true, especially when talking about antisemitism. A white guy who tells the "free ham" joke will be likened to Reinhard Heydrich. A Muslim can deny the Holocaust and say all Jews deserve to die, and most on the Left will shrug it off as a "reasonable criticism of Israeli oppression."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1