Post Left Wing looniness here

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

2. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Ok. We've done that. Supply side economics has proven to not be effective in the US. It equates to more and more income inequality.

3. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Trump did not direct jurisdictions to close businesses. That is all on the leftist mayors and governors.

Here in Texas, I was going to work on a daily basis. We were open for business.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Since when has the Federal government cut spending? Not in the last 50 years.

What is producing income inequality is government spending and Fed monetary policy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Maybe Bubba can cite some spending cuts.
    Actual cuts

6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Me too, and I knew the whole Covid shutdown thing was a scam because liquor stores, including the one I worked for, were considered "essential" and left open. I was glad to still be drawing a paycheck, but that decision was pure ********.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

And big box stores could open but small mom and pop couldn't

8. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Federal Budget Receipts and Outlays: | The American Presidency Project.

Cuts are one thing, surplus is another.

There is only two times since Ike - Gerald Ford and Barack Obama. Budget surplus is different. Clinton is the only one to ever have a budget surplus. This google thing is pretty good. You should try it.

9. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I worked at a liquor store in Norman across from the regional behavioral health facility when I was in college. I would disagree that liquor sales were non-essential. There were a lot of $2.37 purchases at 10:00 sharp.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

??
    So Bubba when you said above in reference to spending cuts that "we've done that"
    You didn't really mean it?

12. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

If you want equality of incomes, move to a communist country. In a capitalist economy, people earn unequal incomes - based on the value the market places on their services.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

You need to put it in terms an okie can understand...

Some homes have wheels, some do not. The ones without wheels could be brick and mortar or frame homes capable of withstanding strong storms while others without wheels may require tie-downs.

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

That's why I pooped ou/bubba

15. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Bruh, I'm referring to relative income equality - not actual equal pay. We have seen a large shift in the last decade of the uber rich getting rich and the rest of us chilling in relatively the same place and the percentage of poor slowly growing.

16. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I think you could argue that cuts in government spending relative to GDP would count. In fact, the GOP side would argue that. However, there were cuts, minimal as they were. :)

Here's the thing. I googled it and read up on it. You **** posted. We're not the same.

• poop poop x 1
  17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Bubba
    :lmao:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Not to be outdone by the stupidity of the virtue signaling Washington Redskins, San Francisco school district leaves them in the dust.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  21. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

San Fran has a “hold my beer moment”.

I’m not a huge mascot warrior. Most Oklahoma natives are not. Historically, a lot of Oklahomans are native so the racial issues are less pervasive in our personal histories. That said, you have to admit the Redskins was a little much. https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/11951260-the-thin-skins

22. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Sad...they JUST had a damned election designed to get away from that sort of crap. Turns out the new boss is the same as the old boss...

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

This is how the looney tunes think:

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  25. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

How about replacing "chief" with "dictator"? I found it on a list from thesaurus.com

In all seriousness, I checked the top definition of "chief" from dictionary.com, and it's:

"the head or leader of an organized body of people; the person highest in authority"

Then I checked the etymology of the English word "chief." It comes from Old French "chief" and Modern French "chef."

Seems Native Americans need to stop using the word to avoid negative connotations with it's origin and proper use as leader.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

They could also use the German word for leader, which is Führer, but that may not go over very well.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  27. lkainer

lkainer 500+ Posts

In Russia they also make sure the citizens get their vodka rations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Bread and circuses...

Replaced by alcohol and stimulus checks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  29. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Bingo, and if we would just give every minority the job where F500 CEO's started they most certainly would all become F500 CEO's.

30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I looked at that guy's Twitter page, and I think he's making a joke.

• Agree Agree x 2