Post Left Wing looniness here

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Why would it necessitate gays to begin gentrification? I don't understand.

2. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

It's a stereotype. That said, the best renters I ever had were a gay couple.

3. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Just because they "included" you?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

It's really funny that some Mexicans are angry that English speakers are moving in while some (same and other) Mexicans have no problem with Spanish speakers moving into the US.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Rep Sanchez D Ca flips repubican dug out the bird in annual Charity game benefitting Boys and Girls clubs.
    [​IMG]

GOP won 10-0
    HHD
    Pic of a fellow Academy grad who was named MVP Arthur Pfluger RTx
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. utahorn

utahorn 500+ Posts

Oak Cliff in Texas says Hello (Hola!) to Mexico City. I grew up in Oak Cliff.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  7. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

A video game series about the criminal underworld, which focuses on murder and is named after an automobile crime, is the last place I'd expect to see more cultural sensitivity yet here we are.

"Developers are also being cautious not to 'punch down' by making jokes about marginalized groups, the people said, in contrast to previous games."

"This was one of several politically sensitive actions Rockstar, a division of Take-Two Interactive Software Inc., has taken in recent years. The company removed transphobic jokes from the most recent console release of Grand Theft Auto V"

Yea... The reason I won't let me kids play Grand Theft Auto isn't because murder is bad, it's because I don't want them exposed to jokes about transgender people!

But it gets better (worse?)

"In the summer of 2020, after a police officer killed George Floyd, Rockstar Games quietly shelved a mode of play it had planned to release for its Grand Theft Auto Online game.

Called Cops ‘n’ Crooks, the mode was a twist on the children’s game where players organize into teams of good guys and bad guys, but seemed especially tone-deaf during the global reckoning over police violence."

LOL! Cops and robbers is bad now. How dare we show cops killing people! But we'll keep in the criminals killing cops and citizens.

Rockstar Games Cleaned Up Its Frat-Boy Culture — and Grand Theft Auto, Too

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
  8. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Can you imagine reaction to “Archie Bunker” today? He’d have a ball but never get a word passed the editors.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Heard that we got vajayjay after greys anatomy said penis 31 times but had to give a euphemism for vagina.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You don't have to go back that far or that extreme. They'd crap over stuff they did on Seinfeld - trying to convert a gay guy, joking about Puerto Ricans, making fun of virtue signaling (AIDS ribbons), and other stuff.

And of course, comedians from the '80s (Eddie Murphy, Sam Kinison, Diceman, etc.) would cause heart attacks today.

11. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

That Seinfeld episode on Puerto Ricans was briefly banned from re-runs.

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm just gonna set this right here.

• WTF? WTF? x 4
    • poop poop x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Other than maybe Switzer (and even he is a long-shot), is anybody turned on by this stuff?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

:puke:

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Offering folks something that allows them to feel morally superior is apparently a big money maker.

16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Is it really though? I guess Playboy wants to find out, but I'm skeptical. I'm sure plenty will buy this issue out of depraved curiosity, but it won't fly long term. Let's remember what Playboy is about. It's about dateless, loser guys paying money to look at photos of very attractive naked women and engaging in "self-pleasure" while doing so. It was never my thing, but I do understand it. Are they going to pay the same money to do that to some hairy guy just because he's wearing makeup and claiming to be a chick? Maybe some hyper-woke guy will to try to feel righteous, but I can't imagine there being many of those.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  17. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I understand the criticism, but I must admit that it would piss me off if she cancelled the trip in the wake of China talking a bunch of ****.

19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Too bad she doesn't have any ethics.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

21. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  22. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If people like Elizabeth Warren could have their way.

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  24. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I keep trying to post provocative crap to force the Euro lib agencies to come get me for a paid vacation...they refuse to do so.

• Funny Funny x 2
  25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  26. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

LOL at Why do we talk about salaried employment differently than slavery?

I'd like to read this guest essay!

"Slaves are actually paid as the owner must feed and house them so that they don't die in a couple days. Hence they are quite similar to salaried employees who use their paycheck to pay for food and rent."

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Some slaveholders educated their slaves too.

Splitting up families, cruelty to slaves, restricting freedom of movement, etc are the visible reasons why most people hated slavery (the principled reasons were moral and economic-based).

Slavery was dying in the US until the king cotton era in the south. And it would have died 30 years later due to farm mechanization - too many mouths to feed for lower productivity. In short, the value of a slave would have dropped so low that folks would be able to buy their freedom even if the laws never changed.

28. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

29. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

You say that but it appears that this is not the case if you read the articles.