Post Moderate looniness here

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Driver 8, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Hook, line and sinker. It’s what Dems get from the “media” which is actually just the DNC.

3. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

There was a security guard there who was armed. Body armor and an apparent modified weapon were no match.

4. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Truly an electrifying story...

The sad irony is that, had the hog-tie been done by law enforcement, the SJW's would be up in arms about a violation of 'rights.'

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

And you know that is complete BS.

6. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

BS? You mean like being up in arms about illegals being "whipped" with horse reins?

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

In almost every case, there were signs ignored by authorities.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Clearly you don't pay attention to civil litigation. Many agencies are under consent decrees NOT to use hog-tie restraint methods. The moment that one is observed, the whiners and hug-a-thug groups go apoplectic.

9. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

South pole elf chimes in. There's a 65 MPH speed limit on 635 the last time I checked.

10. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

"Are you a conservative?
    No, conservatism is corporatism in disguise, I want no part of it."

So obviously Republican huh?

11. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I contend that the far left and the far right meet in some far away place. I'm not saying this guy is a GOP fanboy. He's a white supremacist. Those aren't typically your Chuck Schumer fans. We've gotten people worked up about immigrants and Jewish people. "Jews will not replace us." Tucker and Co. fanning the flames for the base. Division gets the red hat folks to vote.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

I guess you're saying the political spectrum is more of a political circle? Go far enough one direction and you end up on the other side?

I thought division got the Dems to vote. That's why the messages are all Republicans want to force women to be pregnant, hate blacks, and are scared of gays.

13. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Circle. Number line. X-Y Axis/4 quadrants. Whatever.

However you may graph the political spectrum, common-sense pragmatic moderates are the best at running the show.

14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

not to change the subject
    but you have to be moderately loony
    or very

15. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

What was the Rust cole description: time is a flat circle…

far right like proud boys and far left like eco terrorists and antifa are similar. Their motivations differ but they are both violent extremists.

16. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Insurance creates big problems for providers without corresponding benefit for the consumer. Example my employer put me on a DMO this year. Went to one of the few in network dentists for a teeth cleaning..."free" with the plan. The office was whiz bang with gizmos, cameras and sophisticated lookin equipment. Alas a standard cleaning would not suffice but I was asked to come in for a series of deep cleanings instead of a standard cleaning. I got a sales pitch from a foreign born dentist who didn't communicate well in my dialect of Texas English. I pretty much cleared out of there fast as I could. Called my old dentist and paid what had seemed an outrageous $200 for a cleaning and asked if i needed a deep cleaning. I realized it was worth $200 for an expert opinion from a trustworthy source. He explained that a.lot of "corporate" dentists office are really just getting people in to give them a sales pitch and young dentists, needing to pay student loans and take care of their families, have to play along. My teeth were great.. in large measure because of the self care his hygienists taught. He said dentists would love to provide discount dental care to customers who come in without insurance, but the insurance companies and their lobbyists won't have
    ...it. so dentists have to charge everyone what they charge insured patients...even with the slow motion nightmare that providers go through to get paid by the insurance companies.the

17. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Was senator Robert Byrd a Schumer fan?

Birds of a feather, and all that.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Bubba isn't going to accept the truth on this.
    I'm just in mild shock that he doesn't realize white supremacy runs thru his political party at least as much as it does another

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

A dentist is free to charge an uninsured patient any amount the two parties agree on. Insurance carriers couldn’t give a tinkers damn otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Indeed the Democratic Party has a sordid history of racism. Republican leaders, starting with Goldwater and energetically boosted by Donald Trump started the Red Rover, Red Rover will the racists come over moment and welcomed segregationists, "state's rights' advocates, Confederate flag wavers, Confederate monument removal protesters and the like. I'm not saying Goldwater or Trump were racists...just that they make/made racists feel welcome and comfortable to be Republican. I know white racists, or at least people who were racist when we grew up together. All who post politics on Facebook love Donald Trump and support the Republican platform.

21. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Byrd came Washingtom an ignorant hillbilly. That's not the way he spent to last 30 years of his career.

22. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

The truth is that all parties have a significant history with racism. Ironically, that's what you learn when you read up a little on CRT. :)

The shifting of the poles (parties) based on the racial divide was historic.

“We have lost the South for a generation”: What Lyndon Johnson said, or would have said if only he had said it

Southern strategy - Wikipedia.

Lee Atwater back when he was saying the quiet stuff out loud:
    States rights, yo!

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  23. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Yep. He spent those years as a corrupt ignorant hillbilly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

I discovered this about 15 years ago. Got a new job so new insurance and asked colleagues for a few recommendations. Went to one place, which always had a young, foreign, and different dentist each time. Those dentists "found" cavities each six months. After four cleanings at that place, I tried a new dentist. He's found one cavity in 13 years. And for the record, my brushing and flossing habits have been the same since high school.

25. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Byrd spent those years bringing home the gravy for his constituents

wish we had a Senator like that. Not since Yarborough and LBJ

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I know you mean well, but I friggin' hate when people lump states rights in with racism, slavery, and segregation. I understand that it was the legal rationale for federal government not to intervene on slavery and segregation, but it's use in those situations has no bearing on the merits of states rights in general. There are perfectly valid reasons to support states rights that have nothing to do with race or slavery.

States rights is why Betsy DeVos couldn't fire every liberal teacher in the United States or rewrite every public school curriculum to reflect her values. States rights is why the Bush Administration couldn't totally nullify every crackpot environmental regulation the State of California wanted to impose. Our union can't survive without states rights. It's the only way a nation as diverse as ours can stay together, and the failure of our people and political players to respect states rights is the biggest reason why our politics are so polarized and screwed up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Facing Addiction

Facing Addiction 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  28. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Where in Texas does he live? I thought it was near Austin not in district 34.

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

He doesn’t own a house in Austin last I heard. He stays at a friend’s house. Regardless I don’t know where he is domiciled but it could be boca chica.

30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

BE647812-4780-4F0C-A686-15BD095AC7CA.png