Post Moderate looniness here

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Driver 8, Apr 1, 2022.

1. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

That's all south of I-10. Or maybe you're answering the where does he live question? I still thought it would be like Austin, Bastrop, other nearby city.

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

IIRC he lives in a container house on Space X site which is in district 34.

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Boca Chica

4. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Okay. I saw you post that a few spots ago.

5. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If the number of sex partners you've had has to be kept on a spreadsheet, you're probably too committed to challenging the Wilt.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I just need a Big Chief Tablet and a crayon.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

And you likely would not even need the sharpening thing for the crayon...

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Looney Moderates form Centrist Third Party.

Centrists to launch Forward, new third US political party

"Dozens of former Republican and Democratic officials will announce a new national political third party to appeal to millions of voters they say are dismayed with what they see as America’s dysfunctional two-party system.

The new party, called Forward, will initially be co-chaired by former Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang and Christine Todd Whitman, the former Republican governor of New Jersey."

They will host an official launch in Houston on 24 September and the party’s first national convention in a major US city next summer.

The party, which is centrist, has no specific policies yet.

• poop poop x 1
  11. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

The new "Forward Party" -- Moderate Looniness no doubt...

Are Americans finally ready for a Third Party?

"Are Americans finally ready for a third-party? Andrew Yang, a former candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination, and Christine Todd Whitman, a former Republican governor of New Jersey, certainly think so. They have just founded the Forward Party with the avowed aspiration of promoting more moderate politics and candidates."

Bland food will be served, and elevator music will be played, at the Moderate Forward Party convention.

12. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

It's about time we have some real choices!

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That's a bunch of ****. I cannot imagine a job actually needing that much interviewing time, and frankly, it sounds like a big waste of time for the company's management. Sorry, but if you're a manager and have time to piss away that much time with applicants, you're not a very valuable resource to the company.

Personally, I did several interviews for jobs after law school. A few involved a second interview. None required more. The job I actually took required one interview, which took about 30 minutes.

14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It takes 5 interviews to weed out woke folk.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

OR mc
    If it is a woke company it takes that many to cover all the groups and causes to be woke about

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

I'd love to have only two rounds! It's insane and laughable when these same companies say we can't hire people. I didn't get an offer at a place called Hostway about 8 years ago. They called me a year later for a new opening and still wanted 5 rounds! I was like, "You already thought I was good enough to call again. What can you possibly want to ask this time?" It was

1) Recruiter - same dude from last year (30 mins)
    2) Phone with hiring manager (30 mins)
    3) In person with hiring manager and several team members (5 hours)
    4) Phone with president (30 mins)
    5) In person with president (1 hour)

• poop poop x 1
  17. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

The green hair and/or piercings usually give it away.

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

The Forward Party would not be a 3rd party. It would be at best the 5th party.

19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'd hate to work for a company like that, because that all implies that it's full of bureaucratic garbage. Getting real work done would be hard. A lot of different cover sheets on those TPS reports.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The Forward Party will fail (1) because pretty much all third parties fail for the reasons we've all discussed many times and (2) they're appealing to a constituency that simply isn't cohesive enough to form a party around. Plenty of people might identify as moderate and unsatisfied with the major parties, but most moderates aren't really moderates. They're a mix of liberal and conservative depending on the issue. Well, there are simply too many combinations of different kinds of moderates to form a coherent policy agenda. And I say this as someone who is at least somewhat favorable to both Christine Todd Whitman and Andrew Yang.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
  21. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I always sensed, deep down, you liked the yang...

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. Facing Addiction

Facing Addiction 1,000+ Posts

I'd love to have a moderate party, but right now we have liberal party who spews liberal ideology during the campaign, then once elected goes left. We have a conservative party that spews conservative ideology during the campaign, then goes left. A true Moderate party would probably be right of both of those (not Proud Boy right, but right none the less.)

Spending: Quit spending more than you take in. You'd think that was conservative, but it hasn't played out that way. I have to, why can't the government. I love how people say Social Security is in jeopardy because we're not taking enough in. We just printed a $1-2 Trillion+ dollars out of thin air. (I can't keep up) Give me a break.

Keep illegal criminals out: You'd think that would be conservative, but not so much. They haven't done everything they can do to implement that. (I love the border towns that are now sending illegals to sanctuary cities.)

Reduce Inflation: Conservatives spend almost as fast as liberals. And, they enable initiatives that help inflation. Let Medicare negotiate lower prices. Help allow competition. Quit letting insurance companies have their way. Fund research and development where it makes sense, but make companies earn their own way. Be energy self-sufficient. (Why are we relying on other countries and selling our reserves to other nations?) Stop corporate welfare. Quit the freebies: student loans, COVID payments, free cell phones... In semi-retirement I worked for DirecTv. I installed in dozens of welfare homes where there were 4 flat screen TVs, internet, cell phones..... And no one in the house had a job. And no one wanted a job.... (Why take a pay cut?)

Gender/sex: Are you kidding me? We could let X's and X's and O's and O's hook up and they would die off over time, but who wants to have that play out (It might be worth it, except when they're screwing with my grandkids). Make them watch one John Wayne movie per week.

Abortion: We believed "Thou shalt not kill" a long time ago. I had an abortion activist ask me one time, "what if it was your daughter?" I replied, then she, the father, and my wife and I would figure it out. Murdering the victim is not an option. I'm 61 years old and if I had to raise another child, I would.

Life is not easy. We try and make it too easy on people. Life is about lessons learned. We'd be better off if we let people (and companies) fail. Fail little and fail big, and then show them a way they can succeed. America used to be the land of opportunity, now it's the land of coddling your every whiny whim.

Start the day on your knees. End the day on your knees. We're in a spiritual battle. Thoughts and prayers are not the only thing we can do, but they're the first thing we should do.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Most of what you say is fine, but with all due respect, this is silly talk.

They say that because it's reality. As it's structured now, it's not taking in enough. As you can see, it ran a $56B deficit in '21, and it's only going to get worse, because the demographics are getting worse. For the most part, productive people (especially white, non-Mormons) aren't having children at anywhere near the pace they used to. That means fewer productive taxpayers to close the deficit. The only reason this doesn't get much attention is that it's politically inconvenient (and potentially catastrophic) to one side, but it's a serious long term problem even if we entertain the "trust fund" illusion. We've known about the problem for at least 40 years, pretended to fix it then (but didn't), and now we don't even pretend any more. We just ignore it and wait for catastrophe.

Two points on this. First, was it smart to print $1-2 trillion? Or to put it another way, do you like 8 percent inflation? Most of us don't, and few feel the pain of that more than Social Security recipients. It's a pain in the *** for most people and strains their budgets, but it's horrific for senior citizens living on fixed incomes.

Second, $1-2 trillion sounds like a lot, but Social Security has almost $60T in unfunded liabilities. If you think we should print $60T (even over a long period of time), you may as well kiss the United States economy (and therefore the United States) goodbye. It's over.

And just FYI - as bad as Social Security is, it's a cakewalk compared to Medicare which has over $100T in unfunded liabilities. There's no getting around it. Our social insurance programs for senior citizens are a disaster, and they can be fixed in a few ways. First, they can be dramatically cut (much lower benefits and/or much later retirement). Second, we can dramatically raise taxes on working people and make the programs an even worse deal for them. Third, white people with money can all become Mormons and start having a bunch of kids. Fourth, we can restructure both programs in ways to allow them to take advantage of economic growth, which means greater risk (but likely higher benefits) for recipients. It's pretty much that simple.

24. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

It's almost like we shouldn't rely on government to provide goods and services for us. The only service that should be considered is security of body and property.

• Like Like x 1
  25. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

I want the government to pick up the trash, jail criminals, keep a military strong enough so nobody gets frisky with us and.................well, that is about it.

Re interviews: I once set up an interview for a friend with my employer up in the panhandle. The DA showed up Saturday morning with his bird dog and talked to my buddy for an hour. He came out and told me the boss had hired him. I asked him what took so long and he said they never really talked about the job, just chatted for an hour about dogs and hunting. Great man

• Like Like x 2
  26. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

@huisache I'm gonna guess you're a good, harder worker so your vouching was almost all the employer needed to hear.

27. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Either that, or the DA was his brother-in-law.
    :beertoast:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Facing Addiction

As Lee Corso would say, "not so fast my friend.": Here's the Social Security Change Joe Biden Wants That's Most Likely to Happen (msn.com)

I'm not talking financially, I'm talking politically. Social Security (and Medicare) in my opinion are "too big to fail." No politician is going to vote to put grandma and grandpa out on the street as well as face the wrath of the children and grandchildren that would now have to take care of them.

Oh, and it's not just Mormons, maybe that's the reason the Liberals want all these Catholics coming across the southern border. :fiestanana:

29. Facing Addiction

Calvin was always ahead of his time.....

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Believe me, I understand that the politics of changing Social Security and Medicare in any meaningful way is toxic and dangerous. I'm talking about the money side.

Either way, the change Biden wants to make would delay the inevitable. It wouldn't fix the problem long term, because that's a demographic problem. We have too many retirees and too few taxpayers. That wasn't true in the '30s. It is true today. And of course, Medicare has that challenge plus the fustercluck of our healthcare system and healthcare costs, which makes it even worse.

And the article can say it's "likely to happen" because polls look favorably on it, but are a bunch of Republicans really going to vote for a colossal tax increase on the wealthy? Very hard to imagine that happening.