Post Moderate looniness here

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Driver 8, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm asking here, because there could be looniness on either side depending on the facts, but can anyone say what actually happened in Tennessee? The media basically says they were expelled for no reason other than protesting for gun control. Surely there was more to it, right? Politicians from both sides protest and rally all the time. Does anyone know what made this different?

2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Rules prohibiting such behavior on the floor of the house, is what I heard today.

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Biden Slams 'Unprecedented' Expulsion Of 'Disorderly' Democrats From Tennessee House | ZeroHedge

4. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Three very progressive representatives broke chamber rules by using a bullhorn to lead people in the gallery as the house tried to carry on business. These reps were trying to get arrested, but the Speaker refused to give them a platform.

Nothing reported by the national media has been accurate. They even keep reporting there were 7 victims. Yes, they count the murderer as a victim.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Facing Addiction

Facing Addiction 1,000+ Posts

Is it loving for Christians to use transgender pronouns? | Not the Bee

The spirit of the age inverts the Scriptural teaching that God is love. Scripture affirms that God is the definition of love; therefore, whatever matches the characteristics of God is loving, and whatever contrasts with His character is not.

But in defiance of the truth, the world offers its deceitful twist, and preaches that "love is God." In other words, humans decide how to define love and then they worship it. If the God of the Bible questions or contradicts man's definition of love, He is rejected as unworthy of worship. It's just more manmade idolatry.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

@Garmel , finally the search might be over. She's an outspoken lover of Jesus, but I think the Jesus she loves has a surname and wears a sombrero.

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

lol. You don't see that every day.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Article doesn’t really say what she does online - posing nude and stuff or doing the big nasty with nasty freaks?

9. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

News flash: God put us all on earth to enjoy sexual activities, just within the confines of marriage....

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Do you want to subscribe to her Onlyfans page, find out, and report back?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Facing Addiction

Interesting article..... Should really read the whole thing.......

An angry and intolerant younger generation is destroying American democracy (msn.com)

According to a 45,000-participant College Plus survey on respect, tolerance and open-mindedness on American campuses – the largest ever conducted – an appalling 62 per cent of students said it’s “at least sometimes acceptable” to shout down a speaker, and one in five students said that using violence to stop a campus speech is “sometimes acceptable.”

• poop poop x 3
  12. Facing Addiction

13. Facing Addiction

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Were Adam & Eve married? If so, who led the ceremony? Ugh....I just went there.....

15. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Yes, and God. From Genesis chapter 2 (NIV).

21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

23 The man said,

“This is now bone of my bones
    and flesh of my flesh;
    she shall be called ‘woman,’
    for she was taken out of man.”

24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.

25 Adam and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Is this looniness or a great bill?
    "LAS, TX, May 9, 2023 — The Texas House passed HB 3297, which would eliminate vehicle inspections! This is an out-of-date program that is just one more property tax Texans are forced to pay. Enough is enough.

We must support HB 3297 in the Texas Senate so Texans can finally experience a little liberty with our vehicles.

Huffines Liberty Foundation President, former State Senator Don Huffines, issued the following statement:

"I am quite familiar with the car business and trust me when I tell you: vehicle inspections are a scam. You are being ripped off. Texas is the only Republican state to still have this policy."

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Tennessee dropped it a couple of years ago. The emissions testing line was always ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Well if Anyone would know if it is a scam it would be a Huffines. His Grandfather started dealerships here.His brother has 8 dealerships and multiple locations around the Metroplex

Last edited: May 9, 2023
  19. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

In general, I like the idea of a check on automobiles for safety. Is it that the current testing doesn't do that or that it shouldn't cost what it does (something like $80)?

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

SC dropped it years ago.

21. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Bye bye catalytic converters.

22. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I agree it's mostly a scam. But, as I'm sure HIC can tell you also if you don't have any inspections people at the lower end of the income scale will driving around in cars that are not only dangerous themselves but others. I nearly got killed by someone who had a non-functioning left blinker.

Maybe the solution is every 2 or 3 years. There's not enough cops to enforce dangerous speeders much less a bad blinker.

23. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

run
    I think the lower end already do not get inspections.
    I hate getting hosed by inspection stations who "find" stuff

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I've known some who bypass inspections by checking the box at registration that the vehicle is out of State. They send the sticker and advise the Registrant to have an inspection upon return.

I have also known of some registering in Counties that don't require emissions testing...

The Miata has a cat delete that goes unnoticed because it sits so low and bolted in with flanges like a cat...

25. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

My dad used to get tires from a friend to put on his old station wagon in order to pass tread depth back when they checked tread wear. Sneaky my Dad was.

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

So I've said some bad things about the NHS, but they're not all bad. Link.

27. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

She's 22. Is she willing to pay for the reduction or is it she wants the gov to do the reduction for free?

28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

She wants it for free. That's the arrangement with the National Health Service. You pay them in taxes, and they cover your medical needs.

She could go private and pay for it out of pocket, but presumably, she (like most Brits) doesn't have the cash. Personally, I have private health insurance, so I usually go private (mainly to avoid ridiculous waiting lists and bullcrap), but most aren't in my position.

29. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mr D
    Since you are a dependent of a DOD employee don't you get health care free?

30. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

$80 is closer to annual registration on newer vehicles.

Inspection is less than ten bucks...