Post Right Wing looniness here

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Seattle Husker, May 27, 2021.

1. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

I think mine is from the constant uhmmm 'stretching exercises' I do.

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. BrntOrngStmpeDe

I know some of the State Dept crap I used to see was like "Really,...this is classified?" but still we must require ALL parties to be diligent with classified documents because it is usually the little pieces that become the big picture for Intel. And also, what's good for the lowly enlisted Army private should also apply to seniors that should know a lot better.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Facing Addiction

Facing Addiction 1,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

She's right.

(And she's hot.)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Maybe America isn't dead yet

• Like Like x 1
  6. BrntOrngStmpeDe

I wish she were right but in many big biz these days, there are teams that specifically watch to ensure the hiring process is ESG/DEI friendly and so these things that she mentions do signal exactly what she says but at least in my org, if an HR rep or a hiring manager were to weed out a resume for this stuff they would/could then be reprimanded for discriminatory and/or retaliatory behavior. I had a case the other day where a prospective employee demanded a much higher salary than we had banded the position for. When the HR person told them that was out of the question, the applicant claimed it was because of his religion. When the HR person conveyed that to the hiring manager, the HR person then got written up for retaliation. It's crazy out here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Facing Addiction

Facing Addiction 1,000+ Posts

Glad I'm retired... I had one of my consultants that worked for me put me on hold because he was watching Oprah.... I fired him the next day.... He tried to argue he shouldn't be fired because he was young and this would leave a scar on his record. It wouldn't be so bad if he was old like me since I didn't have much time left......

8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

She's just saying what she'd assume and likely what a big chunk of small business owners would assume. I know actual HR reps with big companies don't think that way and would run into trouble if they did. (At least, they don't vocally think that way.)

He got written up for simply telling the hiring manager that the applicant made the allegation? That's pretty harsh. Should he have just kept that to himself?

Like I've said in other threads, the Supreme Court simply needs to shut this crap down. Obviously, affirmative action needs to go. It's blatantly illegal and unconstitutional if done by government actors. In addition, disparate impact theory needs to go unless there's evidence that it's a pretext for intentional discrimination.

9. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Google gives extra bonuses to recruiters if the person they refer to the hiring manager who ends up hired is a minority.

Source: My child's friend's father who worked in Google HR at the time of the conversation.

• poop poop x 2
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  10. BrntOrngStmpeDe

I agree. it was very harsh and i made that argument during our assessment call. to no avail though. That's not even the worst of it these days. we routinely take complaints from non-employees about something an employee posted on their social media and many times we will discipline that employee for what they posted on their personal social media. All it takes right now for my firm to think they have that right is for the employee to somewhere in the profile, comments etc. to say "i work for XXXX firm" then our folks seem to think that link is enough to justify running roughshod over our employees.

• Like Like x 1
  11. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Who has time to read comments, look up an employer, and contact the employer??

12. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Let me guess. Lefties calling on right wingers for posts that offend them?

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Assholic wokesters on social media.

14. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Libtiles.

15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

16. BrntOrngStmpeDe

it has been almost exclusively lefties calling in on non-woke employees. And yes, I have seen the complainants do a fair amount of OSINT research in order to make the connection to our firm and then make the complaint. The left knows they have businesses on the run and afraid of being called racist. We get other complaints as well but the bulk of them are about racism.

17. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

@BrntOrngStmpeDe
    What is OSINT research? Sorry to be so dense here.

• Like Like x 1
  18. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

I just submitted by federal income taxes, and I owe $0! I truly am a right wing nut.

19. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

damn freeloaders...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  21. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

wait...was this supposed to be wrong? I mean other that the clean-up related to the victim in the cab...

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

23. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Not too be too stupid but how is that "right wing"

• Hot Hot x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I think they chop off the right arm. Right arm-right wing - get it?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  25. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

It's hard to even say what is meant by "right wing" these days.

As for Iran -- it's classical conservatism (medieval style) gone off the deep end. Rule by absolute Monarchs and Clerics with the (purported) backing of a deity, and with harshly enforced traditional cultural norms that go back centuries. Sort of the hard right wing, taken to a ridiculous extreme. Reactionary. Very reactionary.

Iran is not leftist. Leftists HATE: (i) traditional cultural norms, (ii) religion, (iii) deities or purported deities, (iv) male dominated "patriarchy".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Iran is most definitely not akin to American "Conservatism."

Iran is more of a medieval theocracy. They've gone back in time around 1,000-1,500 years.

• Agree Agree x 4
  27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

28. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Precisely! Long overdue. Clearly reverse discrimination.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Yep, only in Texas so if they don't like that sort of retribution don't move here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I can see that happening in Tennessee and Alabama too.At my place in Alabama, there might be a parade for the truck owner.

• Like Like x 1