Post-Trump GOP

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by BrntOrngStmpeDe, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The complete opposite of what McCarthy is saying is true. The rationale I keep hearing about Cheney is that she's a distraction and that she's undermining unity. Well, is she really the distraction or is Trump? Is Trump and others weren't continuing with the election conspiracies, would she even be talking about this? And McCarthy himself was echoing Cheney's statements just a few months ago. Why the big change? He just looks like an unprincipled goofball in this no matter what side anybody is on.

And isn't shitcanning somebody for what they say pretty much the opposite of a big tent, especailly when it's something that shouldn't be controversial? Isn't that what we don't like about cancel culture? Are we not cancelling Liz Cheney?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
  2. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

We need to hold a class on the definition of “cancel culture”.

3. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Liz is saying the same thing McCarthy said on 1/7, before he travelled to Mar-a-lago to bend the knee.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Lethal injections were a kinder, gentler way to execute people. Funny that libs want to do away with that. Maybe it's because they potentially lose votes that way.

If they do, there's always good old fashion hanging. That was the method of choice here in America for hundreds of years. If the fall didn't snap their neck, strangulation was a slow painful process.

Firing squads can be brutal too. If nobody on the squad wants to be responsible for killing someone, they might aim for a non-lethal spot. I saw a move about the execution of Private Slovik for desertion in WW2. In the movie, Slovik got shot in the arms and legs, but no kill shot the first time. They had to reload and shoot again.

If you want to go medieval on their asses, I believe Saudi Arabia still carries out public executions by beheading to this day.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Oh, I know. Five minutes ago, he was basically agreeing with Cheney and backed her for Conference Chair. Then Trump slapped his nuts across his face in Mar-a-lago, and he completely reversed himself.

I've been following politics for 29 years. I gave up on politicians standing by their principles long, long ago, and I know not to expect that. However, I'm not sure that I've seen one abandon his principles quite so brazenly and unapologetically. I don't see how he can expect anyone to take him seriously again - even if you're on Trump's side. If you're a Trump supporter, he's a hack for selling you out in the first place. If you're not a Trump supporter, he's a hack for selling Liz Cheney out for no reason other than a good sack-slapping. It's unreal to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Ironically, possibly the most painless method when done proper. The most painless way would be to provide a medication that put them to sleep and then put a .22 to their temple as they slumber. Better than most deserve. That said, I'm anti death penalty to assure that we don't kill innocents, which we have done. Sometimes the best punishment is life in a 12'x8' thinking about what they did. I would have pumped mcveigh full of adrenocrhome (H/T to AC) to keep him alive as long as possible shackled and miserable. He got the easy way out.

7. Hideo Gump Jr.

Hideo Gump Jr. Summer Soldier and Sunshine Patriot

I share your opinion save for one part, “He got the easy way out.”
    The news of McVeigh’s demise hit me and my backpacking buddies at the end of our Wind River trek. Going off the grid for a week to ten days was fun but I always looked forward to finding out what happened whilst we were gone. It was customary to end the trip with a shower and shave and our first set of clean clothes followed by a Guinness. A friend toasted McVeigh with “remember Tim, when you get to Hell, it’s not the heat, it’s the humidity”.
    So I’m not sure smoking a turd in the pineapple line with Hitler is getting off easy.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  8. Seattle Husker

Liz Cheney should demand multiple recounts on the GOP leadership vote then simply declare herself the winner.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  9. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

OR
    Maybe he was originally overcome by those media reports on 1/7 that capitol police were murdered by those armed and dangerous insurrection folk, pummeling officers with fire extinguishers over and over again like wild animals....

Then facts came out. Smoke cleared. Minds changed after emotions calmed and 'misinformation' was identified

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  10. Seattle Husker

Misinformed as if there weren't thousands of Trump Supporters battling Capitol Police, shouting "hang Mike Pence" and trashing congressional offices? You'd have to consume "smoke" to claim that was misinformation.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Horn2RunAgain

Who was murdered that day? Wasn't a capitol policeman

Unarmed woman protester? Yes. Police? NO

Misinformation. We were told a cop was murdered. It was *********

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

How many cops died as a result of the insurrection? Include suicides in your calculations.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Media reports? Kevin McCarthy was there and saw it with his own eyes. And frankly, it doesn't matter if the capitol police didn't get murdered. That's not the big story, and it isn't what's significant about it. We know what the insurrectionists were trying to do and why they were trying to do it. It would have been a terrible thing, even if nobody had gotten hurt at all. They could have been handing out cold beers to the capitol police, and it still would have been a terrible thing to do.

14. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Zero

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Brian Sicknick called you a liar from the grave.

Also, two committed suicide after. So, there could be some causation there.

16. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

65 officers reported injuries on 1/6/21.

17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I believe Brian Sicknick had a stroke unrelated to the overthrow of the US government by Billy Bob and his friends Weenie and Gomer. The libs certainly capitalized on his death for political points, which is disgusting.

Two committed suicide after? Which two? Show me the causation.

65 officer reported injuries? Injuries are not deaths. As someone in the medical field you should know that already. Even for a Sooner that's dumb. However, let's see the injury list.

19. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

That's 3 times as many police officers as Portland has.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Thanks for catching it. That was during the first BLM protests over George Floyd across the country.

21. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

22. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Germans? Pearl Harbor? Forget it, he's rolling...

23. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

He's trying to keep up with you.....

• Funny Funny x 2
  24. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

So you disagree that 1 officer died from the insurrection? I'll accept your pre-established skepticism that capital officers suicides aren't related. I disagree but I understand you don't want them to be relevant so they're not.

25. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I disagree that one officer died from the holocaust-like overthrow of the United States of America. The evidence shows he died of a stroke the day after. Hey, strokes happen.

It doesn't matter if you disagree or not concerning the suicides. What matters are facts. If you have facts, please produce them. Otherwise, you're just going down the mythical road of hookers urinating on Trump, and Russian collusion. At this point, you should have learned your lesson.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I smoked cigars with the CEO of Sibur at the rooftop bar of the Ritz Carlton in Moscow and didn’t see any hookers, much less pee on my bed. A little disappointed

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

This is me in the white shirt with my back to the camera acting like a boss:7BE381BE-D504-4F7C-B89B-BEA84C059CDD.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  28. Horn2RunAgain

Here's what Kevin McCarthy didn't see. Someone kill a capitol police officer. He read or heard it from the media, it enflamed everyone's view of the happening on Jan 6 including mine. Turns out it was a ******** story

Didn't say it was a good thing to do or a correct action. In fact I've said under no circumstances I'd participate in a protest like that

On Jan 7 McCarthy and others were under the impression a capitol officer was murdered by "a pack of wild animals" with a fire extinguisher, as msnbc reported. Turns out it was a ******** story as has been the case from the media over the past 5 years

But little to no shine on the fact an unarmed woman was shot to death.

29. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

back to the matter raised by the OP: the GOP will survive in spite of the looneytune ex president because the democrats are so ideologically crazed they can't govern for a full term. They have a mentally deficient professional pol at the top of the greasy pole and he is so old he may not make it to the end of his term. He is so senile even some people who voted for him are starting to realize it. The woodpecker in my front yard is more coherent than him. He can't string sentences together or even finish a lot of them.

The back bench is incredibly weak and a goodly portion of its supporters can't even figure out how to vote for themselves. "Here, Ms. Smith, let me show you how to fill out this ballot."

The party is a coalition of interest groups with little or nothing in common and the former base of the party, the working class, is turning on them big time. You know you have problems when counties on the Rio Grande are voting republican.

So the GOP, as messed up as it is, is in pretty good shape for 2022 and beyond.

Hey, look, inflation!!!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  30. Horn2RunAgain

Using your logic, I can blame my old HS baseball coach for my arthritic shoulder. And my former hockey coach for a hip that bothers me during workouts. Where do I sign up for reparations for these indirect actions by those monsters?...