Post-Trump GOP

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by BrntOrngStmpeDe, Jan 25, 2021.

1. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I agree with SH, Bubba. Hey, just for fun, could you guys post the number of voters that were not allowed to vote so we know how big this problem really is?

2. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

There's zero evidence as of now that this laptop was fake. If it is fake that still doesn't excuse that the media deliberately censored people from spreading the story. That's much bigger than people not getting water in line waiting to vote.

3. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

What you meant to say was that there is zero evidence that it's real.

4. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You don't know that so stop the ********. Have we learned anything from the letter that I wrote to the SoS that what you libs get from the media isn't always the truth?

5. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Say again? How many that wanted to vote legally were denied that opportunity?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  6. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Dear Sirs,

I hope this letter finds you healthy, wealthy, and wise. I write today to remind you that you don't know **** either about the origins of that data. The laptop in question is in question because of the VERY dubious nature of its "discovery".

Thanks for the coorespondence. As always, if I can be of any service, please don't hesitate to reach out to me via smoke signals or contacting me at BR-549.

Your's Truly

OUBubba

PS: Boomer!

PPS: Of course that's what they were going to say AFTER the law passed and the feces had come into contact with the rotating oscillator. The SOS had already indicated that campaigns providing food and water had previously been determined an illegal act so this law was for more than that.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I'm not in favor of taking your ball and joining another state. It would be anarchy.

The underlying problem in this day and age, assuming I can adequately articulate it, is an unbelievable amount of selfishness laced with the idea that dissent is holy ground just for the mere sake of it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

If you read what SoS said on YOUR link he made it pretty clear that he was talking about election officials, not individuals. The problem with you, Okie is that I can't give enough facts to overcome your MSM brainwashing. Not trying to be cruel, just realistic.

9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Here is one of the dangerous Captitol protesters
    "A Florida man who wore a navy blue “Trump 2020” shirt while he carried a Donald Trump flag inside the U.S. Capitol Complex on Jan. 6 in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday pleaded guilty to the single most serious federal crime he faced in a five-count indictment.

[Hodgkins] entered the U.S. Capitol building at approximately 2:50 p.m. on Jan. 6. Around 3 p.m., Hodgkins entered the Senate chamber, walked among the desks, and then removed eye goggles. He took a “selfie-style” photograph with his cell phone and walked down the Senate well where, a few feet away, several individuals were shouting, praying and cheering using a bullhorn. Hodgkins walked toward the individuals and remained standing with them while they continued commanding the attention of others. At approximately 3:15 p.m., Hodgkins exited the Senate chamber and the U.S. Capitol Building.
    NPR noted that it’s more likely the defendant will serve 15 to 21 months behind bars."

Dude walked around inside Capititol for 25 mins after being let in by police. Took a selfie and for that he gets 15-21 months Prison?

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  10. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Dude was in the Senate chamber directly stopping the electoral vote count which is constitutionally mandated pursuant to the Electoral Count Act of 1887. This guy and every one inside the Capitol Building were trying to muck up a constitutional process. Attempts to diminish this guys actions are not only partisan but unpatriotic.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Your mercy is appreciated, indubitably. Alas, your "facts" leave me hungry for valid information.

The SOS said that campaigns or their proxies providing "inducement" was illegal. And, water/food/etc. is labeled as an inducement prior to this legislation. I would concur. This legislation was meant to go beyond that. The crawdadding that you're finding is because the legislation was outed as less than kosher.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

It must have been humid that day. I guess they had all of the windows "open".

13. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

A. I would like to point out that this post is NOT intended to be a request for a duel.
    B. I found these letters entertaining.
    C. If they'd had a message board in 1804 Hamilton would have just been a **** poster and lived a long yet somewhat anguished life. :)

Hamilton to Burr June 20, 1804 - Hamilton's Final Act: Enemies & Allies

14. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

If it did the SoS office would have told me something differently.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  15. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I got a letter from SoS that backs up my position but yet I'm still somehow wrong. :whiteflag:

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Bubba watches the MSM. He knows the REAL facts.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That entire angle is completely lost on him and some others. It's just a trivial and minor act of trespassing - not much worse than your kid going into the neighbor's backyard to retrieve a ball he accidentally threw over the fence.

19. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

While I believe they should be punished that's excessive as hell.

20. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

They would have been better off burning and vandalizing stores and police stations, and clogging roads and highways. You know, peaceful protests and street fairs.

• Like Like x 4
  21. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

But....but....but our Constitution was in peril or something.

22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'll condemn that stuff all day long. It's terrible. Ultimately, I don't think either side has this right. I think liberals should take rioting in the name of supposed "racial justice" more seriously than they do, and I think conservatives should take an effort to disrupt the counting of electoral votes more seriously than they do.

Basically, the only guy who's really right about this stuff is me. Lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
  23. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I have a hard time taking it seriously when just a few hours later after the idiots are rounded up in the capitol everything returns back to normal. The people who were outside fighting cops to me were much worse. However, some guy who went through the capitol, took a selfie and getting over a year in prison to me is ridiculous.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  24. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Yes, but it seems to me the ones that I've seen getting the charges are also on video in the "assault" portion of the day. I would wager that they have video and cell phone data indicating who waltzed through and who was "on the front lines". Some journalist recorded all of the live feeds that were going on during the day on some app. They are very incriminating. It's like live-streaming a crime with usernames and IP addresses. The group of oath keepers that were seen looking ominous were wrapped up by that.

25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

To me, the fact that things returned to normal is more of an indication of how durable the system is rather than a point in favor of the rioters. However, I take this pretty seriously for two big reasons, and frankly, it has nothing to do with a coup actually being successful. That was never in question.

First, disrupting the electoral process through extra-legislative or extra-judicial means is destabilizing and an attack on a system that has worked well for over 200 years. That sort of thing isn't supposed to happen in a free and civilized nation.

Second, what if "hold my beer" becomes "hold my whiskey?" In other words, what if the next group of yahoos (from the left or the right) is more committed to their cause? Again, I don't think they'd actually succeed, but I can condemn this incident and still recognize that it could have much, much worse. The next attempt could have involved firearms, explosives, etc., and we'd see something truly catastrophic. Fortunately that didn't happen on 1/6, but I don't like that we even took a step in that direction.

26. Seattle Husker

It appears that some teams (Oath Keepers) and random dudes may not have had anything more than tazers on their bodies at the Capitol Building but had stashes of weapons nearby with resources ready to bring them into a "fight". If the government's court accusations prove true, that's a very dangerous element. It essentially shows that the "hold my whiskey" crowd was waiting for a trigger which makes all the attempts to downplay 1/6 even more concerning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Was the trigger "waiting for something bad to happen"? Or, maybe when the guy in the Bison hat called the Senate to order?

• Funny Funny x 2
  28. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

I hear he's trying out for Urban Meyer's NFL squad....

29. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

With his BMI I don't think he'd be a good run stopper.

30. Seattle Husker

A Seahawks teammate of Cortez Kennedy once pointed to him and asked me if I knew the key to his success as NFL Defensive POY. Looking quizzically he pointed to his ***. "He's got the biggest *** in the NFL. Nobody can move that ***." Given the size of Trump's *** he might be competitive if he has any semblance of strength.

• Funny Funny x 1