Post-Trump GOP

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by BrntOrngStmpeDe, Jan 25, 2021.

1. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

The government is run by incompetent pigs and has been for a good while. Read Gates’s last book with an eye to what he says between the lines or read any of the tell all books written by Trump exes
    It has been a wreck since the elder Bush

2. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Been there , done that. The thread that has all the above had been ignored for weeks . Look at the Biden accountability thread and tell me which topic you mentioned wasn't brought up. Yet the 2 individuals you mentioned are nowhere to be seen in the thread

It was recently asked here by another poster to mention something positive Biden has accomplished, Husker replied he wasn't getting in any strawman arguments (WTH, lol). Then barry goes off on another Trump diatribe.

At some point they have to defend or account for the shitshow. They pimped the shitshow daily leading up to the election. When Trump was blamed for his shortcomings, and even things that were fabricated, conservatives here defended or criticized potus. That's discussion. Not seeing discussion of the topic from those 2 right now

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Okay not sure how I ask. I remember when debating the merits of the POTUS on a political board was vogue. I guess I’ll just look for Coronavirus posts trying to make HIC get vaccinated.

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Some of you need a debate class, seriously. Look at the passage above..."defend or account for the shitshow" and "pimped the shitshow".

That does not denote any semblance of openness to listening to a response. When you start with a slanted question that presumes that you've already made up your mind then what debate are you expecting to have? At that point you are pretending that you care what OUBubba or I have to say but rather simply want us to be your virtual punching bag to defect all wrongs you feel have been inflicted on you by the progressive agenda. When this has been pointed out in the past it's greeted with pithy comments like "MSM brainwashed" and other equally vapid colloquialisms. So, I choose not to engage in mindless **** throwing between parties except for a few topics (e.g. Maricopa County investigation).

5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Russian collusion!!!!!

6. Horn2RunAgain

IOW, you'll post on topics not related to Biden's poor performance. I'm shocked...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Horn2RunAgain

Defend it with facts, then. Let's start with the failed evacuation in Afghanistan. .. Go

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Seattle Husker

You're not listening. "failed evacuation in Afghanistan". You've already made up your mind so what are you expecting? That's not a question but rather "change my statement". You're style of questioning (and others) is best described by the old joke "When did you stop beating your wife?" They are loaded questions that presume a conclusion and leave no doubt the questioners intention.

As an aside, I don't think the evacuation was a resounding success and have said as much on other threads.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  9. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Here's the debate stage @ hornfans: [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Horn2RunAgain

No, I was expecting you to discuss it or defend the results of Biden's strategy and policy. The administration declared it a success. Remember?

11. Horn2RunAgain

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Seattle Husker

This post has my thoughts on Afghanistan if you care.

Forensic Audit in Maricopa County, AZ

• Like Like x 1
  13. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Made up his mind? What OTHER term would you apply to a botched evacuation that abandoned American citizens behind enemy lines and where it is increasingly obvious that the giblet-head ignored the guidance of his own Generals?

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Yep. That sums it up. There is no debate. Joe Biden is heading, if not already there, to be the worst POTUS ever. Liberals can’t even say, well he did this or that. Let’s go back to Coronavirus thread where Biden has failed again.

But let’s discuss the positives. I’m open to a honest debate. I’ll open up a new thread and have Deez ask the question.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Which threads? So it was semi successful or was it a complete failure?

16. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

That sums up liberalism. We can’t tell you what is working, just obey what we say. Tell us one liberal policy that is working.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

That sums up a few trumpers around here.

18. Horn2RunAgain

Tell us one liberal policy that is working.

The quote above was asked directly to you. Can you answer?

19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Damn, I should have just kept quiet.

• Funny Funny x 5
  20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Here is a thread on this very topic:

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  21. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Ask Pat Tillman, sorry ask his family.

22. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

We picked the wrong target in Afghanistan. Finally doubled back around to Bin Laden years and years later, but he wasn't the primary target for our overlords.

23. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I think our issue is that we had arrogant people in place who thought we could change the whole Middle East under the sword of democracy brought to them via smart bombs. They shifted their focus from OBL to a regional shift that, in their estimation, would cut off any other OBL’s. In reality they created a cesspool where thousands of aspiring OBL’s were in poverty and had personal reasons to strike at the great satan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

but the Dem answer (and politicians in general).... "it failed because you didn't give us Enough Money, Enough Time, Enough Power, etc". They will never admit that they failed or that government in general is a self-licking ice cream cone. No matter the initial good intentions of any politician, bureaucracy, government program, etc.... they become more interested in growing their own sphere of influence about 15 minutes after they find their office. As soon as bureaucracy is established it starts to spend an inordinate amount of time justifying itself. It magnifies the problems and magnifies/lies about its ability to impact the actual problem. And inevitably blames their failures on an undersized budget.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Actually Bubba makes some sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

The neocons in the bureaucracy had 7 nations they planned to overthrow once 9/11 happened. They got 3 of them I think. Syria was next on the list and reality finally caught up to them.

Oh yeah. Al Qaeda's numbers have become 10 to 100 times greater since regime change became US policy. We basically created ISIS in Iraq.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Honestly, as much as people crap on the US Postal Service, it's about the best government program we have. I'm not saying it's great. (The Deutsche Post puts it to shame, though the Royal Mail seems roughly equivalent.) It has its problems. However, I can't think of a government program that works as well.

• Like Like x 1
  28. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

I think most of the crap is based on the expense of USPS rather than the effectiveness. USPS is a good example of bureaucratic bloat. Most USPS employees are compensated well above what their skillsets would warrant.

• Agree Agree x 2
  29. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

"As soon as bureaucracy is established it starts to spend an inordinate amount of time justifying itself. It magnifies the problems and magnifies/lies about its ability to impact the actual problem. "

Exactly. The first job of the new bureaucracy is to justify its existence and to grow its empire. The way to grow its empire is to convince Congress that the task is much bigger than originally estimated and will require more time, money, and people. And there's never enough resources to solve the problem for which the program was created; hence, the agency has guaranteed its existence in perpetuity. UGH!

• Like Like x 2
  30. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

And it finds/courts lobbyist enablers to donate into the coffers.