Post-Trump GOP

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by BrntOrngStmpeDe, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

"They " utilized his credibility?
    So Powell wasn't a fully engaged participant. Poor Powell was duped ?
    :lmao:
    You"ve been watching too many Biden performances.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 1
  3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Shocked I am.

4. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

5. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

6. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I'd wager they're more credible than zero hedge.

7. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Hoping we eventually find out what happened in that "War Room" in the hotel where Guiliani, Bannon, and Roger Stone (among others) sat during the events of 1/6. We know Oath Keepers simultaneously were protecting this group and infiltrating the Capitol Building.

This should be a law enforcement investigation not congressional. My hope is the the FBI is concurrently charging/investigating the individual purveyors of the attack while also investigating the organizers.

8. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Since I have no idea what the fuq a zero hedge is other than a yard awaiting a landscape crew, that is what the books would refer to as 'no action.'

9. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

So you want the FBI to investigate themselves...that is actually what many conservatives have been asking for in the past several years. Glad you agree it is a cesspool that needs cleaning.

10. Seattle Husker

I want a law enforcement team to do the investigations using standard investigative practices rather than a political body. Unlike you, I'm not ready to jump in the direction of whatever bias/presumption I have.

11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The rolling stone article is about coordination with the political rally, not the riot. Even the FBI said there was no organization behind the riot.

12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

15. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Rolling Stone-----it was always a stoner rag for paranoid stoners and fantasists like Hunter Thompson. The Virginia rape scandal was a typical hype job by a left wing stoner publication. Nothing they print should ever be believed.

Having been an active participant in riots during our democracy's Viet Nam adventure I can assure you that riots don't require anything in the way of planning and in fact run counter to whatever plans exist. They are best considered as analogous to a dam breaking------the water does not know it is going anywhere and there is no control over where it goes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Your time obviously goes back before mine, although I have been a subscriber since somewhere in the upper 300's or low-400's of issue numbers...only reason I STILL get it is because I took advantage of their lifetime subscription offer 15-20 years ago and intend to make them mail me issues as long as a print edition exists.

They long ago abandoned any semblance of usefulness, which for me was discussions of actually things related to music. It has gotten to the point that I couldn't even tell you when the last time was that I read an issue cover to cover...mostly they go in a pile so that they are mostly in issue order when I box them up. Hey, somewhere down the road, there could be value in print editions...even if just as unspooled toilet paper.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

It's the link right above mine. They are often selacious and are all attributed to Tyler Durden. A great journalistic concept.

Also, you can just type f**k. I mean "fuq" is like the same thing. I'm a big boy and a Methodist. I can handle it.

18. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

20. Seattle Husker

The government plants.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Seattle Husker

Rep Adam Kinzinger won't seek reelection. Trump's taking credit for pushing him out but the real culprit is gerrymandering. The Democrat dominated legislature in Illinois is pulling the same crap as their Republican peers in Texas. They are moving the boundaries to shrink the number potential R districts just like Texas is trying to limit D districts.

Gerrymandering sucks. It's driving more partisan legislation. Rather than gridlock the legislation is more extreme and often reversible treating our government like yo-yo.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yet the progressives want a parliamentary style government where this yo-yo will be assured.

23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Sadly, it's probably a combination of both. I'm sure the Illinois legislature is screwing with his district, but I'm also sure he also fears the primary challenge. It's so dumb that Trump people are trying to ruin the career of an intelligent, young conservative who would otherwise have a bright future in Illinois politics.

On a slightly different note, I've wondered why Republicans in Massachusetts, Vermont, and Maryland can still win while those in Illinois, California, and other places can't. It occurred to me that **** like this is why. East Coast states are still influenced heavily by the suburban Rockefeller wing and bridges the gap between them and the rest of the party on fiscal issues. States like Illinois and especially California don't have as much of a Rockefeller wing tradition, so there's no one shutdown idiotic primary challenges to those who can actually wing. And I don't identify with he Rockefeller wing. I'm far to their right. I just don't think we should tell them to f**k off, especially in purple and blue states.

One thing on Kinzinger though - his primary opponent is pretty hot, so a little respect for that. Of course, Kinzinger's wife is hot too, so it might even out.

Yep. 90 percent of incumbents fear primary challengers more than they fear general election opponents. That means you don't want to be seen as a "sell-out" for making a deal.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Dem operatives show up at GOP governor candidate stop in Charlottesville, VA. This amateur trick is being called out fairly by everyone except McAuliffe’s campaign proxies. Unfortunately the public doesn’t know that Dem operatives were behind the original unite the right rally to discredit Trump.

25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The guy on the left is apparently okay with white supremacy. LULZ.

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. Seattle Husker

It means we don't send our brightest to Washington anymore. Being well rounded and well versed on topics, understanding that our problems don't have easy solutions are an impediment to office now. Instead you simply need to speak some far left/right bogus talking points to get through the primary and then you're assured a seat...until your seat also gets gerrymandered out of existence OR someone MORE extreme than you beats you in the primary.

For all the talk of "our country is lost", it's the extremists that are leading the way. The party power for the sake of power and loathing of compromise is taking us there.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

He wept like a baby at his presser no doubt

28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And even when we send bright people, the political climate and realities wildly incentivize behaving not bright and flying your freak flag. Again, I go back to my interview with Louis Gohmert back in early 2004 when he first ran. He behaves like Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Green, but the guy I spoke to was nothing like them at all in style or intellect. He acted like a thoughtful, soft-spoken military officer (JAG), which is what he was. In fact, in he was considered the more mainstream and pragmatic candidate in the primary. His opponent (then-State Rep. and current RR Commissioner Wayne Christian) was considered the ****-flinging firebrand, but on Capitol Hill, Gohmert out-flings Wayne Christian by a mile.

Well, that's all about incentives. If he acted like he interviewed in 2004, there'd be some East Texas, tobacco-spittin' ****-kicker with Trump's backing looking to primary him by now. Instead, he's pretty safe from that ever happening.

30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• Agree Agree x 3