Practice Report-Day One

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by FridayNiteLites, Feb 24, 2012.

1. FridayNiteLites

FridayNiteLites 500+ Posts

It was a beautiful day in Austin, Texas. 92 degrees and clear with a little breeze. UT co-eds were out in full force with the short shorts and bikini tops working on that pre-spring break tan. Lots of smiles around the ballyard from the Horn faithful. Mack had a whistle in his mouth looking old school as the head mentor. The blocking sled has been repainted and the pads have been removed to bare steel to show the lineman that they will no longer be labeled soft by the pundits. Manny Diaz was kicking *** with the defensive group. Brian Harsins' smile was broad as a gun boat as he watched David Ash throw to Jaxon Shipley, hitting him in stride with plenty of zip on the ball. The Major was talking to Brown and Bergeron about the need to stay healthy this year because the young kid coming in didn't want to sit the pine. All in all there was a lot of energy. I'll be out this weekend, so someone else will have to fill in the details. [​IMG]

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

3. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

4. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

5. IdahoanHorn

IdahoanHorn 250+ Posts

6. socks

socks 25+ Posts

"It was a beautiful day in Austin, Texas. 92 degrees and clear with a little breeze. UT co-eds were out in full force with the short shorts and bikini tops working on that pre-spring break tan. Lots of smiles......."

I don't have to read anymore to know the day was a success. [​IMG]

7. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

8. utmck

utmck 500+ Posts

If ever there was a thread that needed pics!!!

9. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

10. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

Add the 80's to that last comment......

11. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Add the 70's to the list [​IMG]

12. GabeRocksSocks

GabeRocksSocks 1,000+ Posts

so ash was beautiful with the deep ball? or did i read that wrong?

i read the general medias reporting on the team, and they have universally written off our qb play. they all forget that ash was a true freshman. if there is one player who is absolutely primed for a breakout year, its ash.

this feels a lot like what it felt like heading into 2008. i think the team is much better than anyone realizes...

13. WorsterMan

Gabe - I think your right, this team will be so much better year 2 in the new O and D system than we realize now... especially the D - my gawd this is going to be a very talented, deep and nasty bunch. What Diaz had them do to Tannehill and aggy was magnificient!

14. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

15. MobiusHorn

MobiusHorn 100+ Posts

Re: "Add the 70's to the list [​IMG] ," must not have been there 77-80. '78 or '79 we had topless gals occasionally walking the strip to test the boundaries of what was and was not "indecent". Students or not, I have no complaints on what I saw on and around campus late 70's. [​IMG]

16. WorsterMan

I was not around there in the late 70's - but it sounds like we can remove the 70's from the list... [​IMG]

17. Bagoo

Bagoo 100+ Posts

I was there '78 to '82, I have no complaints. [​IMG]

18. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

77-82 here and no complaints. Girls on "Jester Beach" and girls would tan on top of some campus dorms topless.

As far as testing the waters for indecent exposure there was a girl that ran around the track at Memorial Stadium topless. They stopped her and she went to court and won.

19. Longhorn01

Longhorn01 500+ Posts

I was there in the late 70's. Don't remember it, as I was just born, but according to the stories my parents dragged me all over Austin back in the day. And I'm sure I saw some pretty amazing stuff.