Praising Jesus report

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by HousHorn09, Dec 4, 2010.

1. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

The Link
    Latest & greatest...

Go ahead Taps & tell us how this all made up BS.

2. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

what is interesting to note is that whatever happens, we will have the largest coaching staff in the country because nobody actually gets fired and leaves.

3. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

Anyone have a problem with Malzahn's supposed problems?

4. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I am not sure Malzahn is better than Davis (how many SEC titles? how many MNC appearences?), but the plan appears to be replace him with Major when he leaves Texas in a year or two.

6. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

7. UT Longhorn

UT Longhorn 500+ Posts

It would be nice if JS would throw TT at the wall to see if he sticks. I'm guessing he would just run down the wall.

I think it's awesome that TT has attempted to create an arch rival situation with someone who doesn't even know he exists.

8. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

In reply to:

9. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

so you really are greg davis? [​IMG]

10. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Yea, I'm a highly paid mother ****** that used simple plays and predictable play calling to f**k with the Pelini bros. How do you like me now? [​IMG]

11. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

not very much... [​IMG]

12. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

13. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

OK, I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about Gus M, beyond what he's done this year with a fantastic OL and a very VY-esque QB.

So, can somebody who knows more about him, his history, his coaching philosophy, and what he's all about please explain what makes him one of the hottest OC candidates?

14. 97chh36

97chh36 100+ Posts

Go take a tt, you old bastard!

15. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

I would rather Texas look north of the red river for a replacement.

16. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Why would you want a guy who looked completely out coached against OU?

17. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

Because he is a huge upgrade over GD.

18. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

19. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

From watching some of their games this year he likes to throw the short pass to the side a good amount. That won't sit well with many ppl in our fan base. Then again, so does Boise State from the games I have watched. Wait, I have seen it in the pros too.

Oh my god's.

20. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

Anyone can call a play like a bubble screen. GD clealy can't coach anyone on how to run it properly.

Are there really people who will be sad to see him go??

21. UT Longhorn

UT Longhorn 500+ Posts

Maybe so, but it's schemed in a way where it actually works. Meaning: they actually run other plays besides that as well. No reasonable person says it will never work, but it won't work when it's predictable.

22. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

good point but that would possibly go more on the WR coach then. You have to admit that as a coach you love the prospect of your WR having a one on one with a db. Beat him and who knows how much you gain.

What goes into that is proper execution. Proper route running. Proper delivery of the pass to the right spot. Proper move or improv moves by WR. Proper blocking. A simple play, like all, is actually complex. Yes, it runs through the OC and the buck stops there and with the HC. But there are a lot of other people who have to be on the same page.

If that means we need a new guy to get the chemistry, work ethic and execution, so be it. I don't have any problems with GD like many others do. But if his leaving or any other coaches leaving gets that swagger and results back, I am fine with that.

23. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

24. Joe2005

Joe2005 500+ Posts

25. HornFinc

HornFinc 250+ Posts

26. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I won't be sad to see him stay or. What Mack decides is best for the team works for me. This includes him possibly staying. It's a great position to be in.

27. BLESSMEHORNS

BLESSMEHORNS 250+ Posts

i have watched GM high school teams here in arkansas and the guy can coach. His teams are WELL PREPARED. His philosophy is to take what the defense gives. i would think he would want a head coaching job but i could be wrong.

28. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

29. Austintxusa

Austintxusa 2,500+ Posts

TT seems like an idiot.

30. Austintxusa

Austintxusa 2,500+ Posts